Smalls1588

Post Your Swing

Here are a couple driver and 7i swings DTL and FO. I'm doing a drill in a few of them working on hand path. My biggest issue is getting too vertical up top. I've been working my ass off trying to flatten it out some, but it has been a grind. 

• Like 6

Mr. Hicksta looking better brother keep working

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KCLeo12 said:

Mr. Hicksta looking better brother keep working

Thanks dude! One year left here in Hawaii so I'm looking forward to working with Pat once I get to San Diego. 

• Like 2

This new net is definitely getting a workout, I've been hitting balls every day after work since I picked it up. Here is where I'm at at the moment. Not sure where this ball would have gone, but it sure did feel good. My homemade swing is almost where I want it to be. 

• Like 6

First outdoor full go driver swing of the year.  I haven't videoed my swing in a while but man do I need to work on being more upright and more knee bend with my stance.  Geesh!

• Like 1

It’s been 2 1/2 years since my injury (snapped clavicle, separated shoulder, torn labrum & rotator cuff). The journey back to normal has felt long and frustrating at times. But other than my right shoulder being 1/2” shorter than it used to be, I’m feeling strong.

I’ve managed to regain ~15 lbs of muscle in the gym over the past year, and my speed is finally coming back. It’s really nice to be playing at full strength again.

Thank you to everyone here for helping me stay sane (relatively) on the road back to healthy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Looking good DLK.

• Like 1

Here are a couple of videos of me trying to get more one plane vs 2 plane.  Its a work in progress to say the least...

Any tips you got?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Here are a couple of links to HUDL videos of me trying to get more one plane vs 2 plane.  Its a work in progress to say the least...

Down the line

face on

Any tips you got?

Looking really good Nic!!  Wish mine looked like that.

Looking really good Nic!!  Wish mine looked like that.

Thanks Kenny. All it takes is a misspent youth and an understanding spouse...

• Like 2

Took some video after my crap round and sent it to my coach. I had forgotten a few things he sent me a couple months back. Once I incorporated them here, things started looking better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Took some video after my crap round

well it wasn't from a crap swing. Looks pretty good to me. 🏌️‍♂️

• Like 3

well it wasn't from a crap swing. Looks pretty good to me. 

It’s all in my brain... Put a ball in front of me, on-course right now, and things go South.

• Like 1

Swing looks strong PMookie...

Short game needs SERIOUS work!

Posted (edited)

Today was my first time trying out the shot tracer app. Pretty awesome/fun tool. The drive angle was decent but my iron shot wasn't a good angle so I scrapped it.

Iron shot: Par 3, 142 to the pin from the tee. The shot did land on the green but flew the pin by about 5 yds with my PW. It's enough to see my swing though. Irons and short-game have been what's holding my game together for the most-part. Putting and driving consistency are really what I need to work on the most this year while keeping my iron play intact. 

Driver: I've been told this and it's very obvious from the video that I set up like I'm trying to hit a cut into the next fairway over.  I think the angle of the camera does exaggerate it slightly. When I line up like this, I hit dead straight.. mostly. When I actually line up square with the target, I end up hitting a slight cut. I'm sure it's a rotation, club face/path issue. Also need to work on stopping shaft at parallel rather than letting it dip below the equator. Unnecessary extra movement can = inconsistency and that's something that I really need to keep in my head. I've done it before and it doesn't result in any extra distance. I will admit that the yardage on the shot tracer was a complete guess but the screenshot below is from my Sky Droid app that shows GPS from the tee to where my ball finished so I'd say 289 carry might not be too far-fetched. 🤷‍♂️

I'm hopeful to break 80 a few more times this year! 

Always a work in progress idn't it?

The screenshot was the drive total distance

Screenshot_20190623-173649.png

Edited by azstu324
  • Like 3

Like everyone still a work in progress.  Need to get off my right toe earlier in the follow thru.  

• Like 4

You guys all look like low handicap solid golfers To me 

• Like 2