Ping G30 SF Weights

Brian A

Does anyone know what weight comes standard in the SF Tec? Also if I would put a heavier weight in would it help with the straighter flight?

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

The stock weight is 10 or 12g depending on the shaft option. The SF Tec is heel weighted as it is, so any increase in weight will merely increase the static swing weight and weaken the flex slightly. It won't fix a swing fault which causes slices and fades. I'm guessing this is your problem, since you would hardly be using a draw bias driver if you tend to hook the ball.

Increasing the loft will help close the club face to promote a straighter flight for a slightly out to in swing path, but there is nothing you can do to correct a classic slice by any means of club adjustability. You need to fix the swing fault instead.

The stock weight is 10 or 12g depending on the shaft option. The SF Tec is heel weighted as it is, so any increase in weight will merely increase the static swing weight and weaken the flex slightly. It won't fix a swing fault which causes slices and fades. I'm guessing this is your problem, since you would hardly be using a draw bias driver if you tend to hook the ball.

Increasing the loft will help close the club face to promote a straighter flight for a slightly out to in swing path, but there is nothing you can do to correct a classic slice by any means of club adjustability. You need to fix the swing fault instead.

It's not a terrible slice, more of a strong draw, that works on very open courses but if there are some tight trees near the tee box I'll usually hit them. I've been hitting the fairway around 57% of the time (according to tracking app) and I've yet to end up on another hole. I had assumed it was like the old old leaf tape fix.

So increasing loft will straighten that out? I thought the loft decreased closed the face more?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Im not sure what the Ping does now, the guy at golf galaxy said if you lofted up it opened it

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

It's not a terrible slice, more of a strong draw, that works on very open courses but if there are some tight trees near the tee box I'll usually hit them. I've been hitting the fairway around 57% of the time (according to tracking app) and I've yet to end up on another hole. I had assumed it was like the old old leaf tape fix.

So increasing loft will straighten that out? I thought the loft decreased closed the face more?

Correct, increasing the loft will tend to help counter the slice. Easier thing to tinker with than messing with the weights. I have this same driver, I think the little manual the comes with it talks about this if you still have it.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Thanks for the help, I adjusted it from -.6 to +.6 so we'll see how it goes tomorrow. 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So maybe I am different, but I made the recommended changes and the draw turned in to a major slice. When I lowered the loft back down it went back to a slight draw

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So maybe I am different, but I made the recommended changes and the draw turned in to a major slice. When I lowered the loft back down it went back to a slight draw

Hmmmmm that is interesting and it may be angle of attack or whatever but you have to set your big stick up to give YOU the best results.  When I bump my loft up too much, it appears to close the face which causes my hook to turn into a hooker.  :blink: 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 4 years later...

Hi folks

I have the Ping G30 SF Tec Driver 10 *

I have had a slight slice issue with all previous Drivers !

I have improved immensely with this Driver.  I have set it at 1 degree higher from 10 to 11

When set at 10 * it still corrected my slice but at 11* it is better again 

You can buy weights for it - read that 10 g was standard - have ordered a 12 gram just to experiment - but happy with it as is !

Rgds Fergus

If ordered with standard shaft length, I believe 10.5gm. Setting 1° up does give you a very slight fade, however adding a heavier weight probably won't make a difference, except making the face slightly heavier. If you've changed the grip, this could affect the swing weight, which from the factory should be D1. It could be too light and causing you to close the face too fast. I'd recommend going to a golf shop, weighing the club, and talking to a club builder about where to place lead tape to try to get a little more fade. 

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips