GolfSpy Stroker

TRUEGolfFit.com Adding Advanced Shaft Fitting Analytics

Our Sponsors

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

If it’s only “stock shafts”, I haven’t been fitted to a stock shaft in 10 fittings. Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not sure that it's only stock shafts. In the OP, it shows a M4 with a Tensi Pro Orange. That isn't a stock shaft for the M4. I don't know if it's just a rendering of the results, or an actual fitting result. 

But yeah, like @jlukes said, this isn't meant for forum golfers, it is meant much more for weekend warriors that don't know the first thing about club fitting. 

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

“Now imagine it being guaranteed to outperform what you currently own,” is what keeps throwing me off and thinking it’s for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm skeptical. For a good while we've been told that in-person clubfittings are really valuable in finding the proper combination of clubhead and shaft and flex and length and lie.  And now we're simply be able to input some data while sitting at our desk at home and get a fitting that is as good or better?  I took a quick look, and didn't proceed far enough to see what data we'll need to have available, but this just seems to be a stretch.  I'll be interested to read the reviews.

We actually have an official review up of TGF without the shaft portion in it.  You have to remember that TGF, as mentioned, is for the person who doesn't go through fittings.  It is for the consumer that wants to just walk into the store, grab it off the rack, and go.  It is not aimed at the gear heads, like most of us on this forum.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/26375-official-forum-review-truegolffit-and-global-golf-u-try/

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Humm, when is something to good to be true?

This simple approach to fitting depends upon the accuracy of the responses by the player. A quality in person fitting makes all this subjective opinion into real time data as well as allowing for the feel/look to be factored into this $400-500 purchase. 

22 hours ago, jlukes said:

Again, this tool isn't supposed to replace a full fitting or be for us equipment nerds. It's for the average golf consumer that has known interest in a full fitting.

Understood, but how does it know "my swing" in order to put me in a club?

I get that it doesn't take the place of a true fitting. I just don't understand how it works if I can't give specific data because I don't know what to tell it?

Edited by silver & black

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

Understood, but how does it know "my swing" in order to put me in a club?

I get that it doesn't take the place of a true fitting. I just don't understand how it works if I can't give specific data because I don't know what to tell it?

You're going to get out of it what you put in to it.  Basically it is going to ask for some data on how you swing and you will input the answers.  The better the answer you can provide the better the result is going to be for you.  Handicap, swing speed, angle of attack, swing tempo, then it will give you an answer.  There is also an Expert model where instead of a range of answers you will input more specific numbers.

The catch here is that you will need to know what those numbers are for your swing.  If you are just shooting in the dark on how fast you actually swing and what your AoA is you might as well stand in front of the used bin at your local golf store, close your eyes and pick one.

In my opinion this will never replace an in person quality club fitting.  But like jlukes said this isn't for the customer who already get's fit for their clubs.  It's for the guy who walks in to a golf store, hits a couple drivers and walks out with whichever one struck their fancy that day. 

Invest a little time to get your numbers and this will be better than a shot in the dark.  But if you are serious about golf I'm always going to recommend a session with a quality club fitter.

• Like 8

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Well, I tried it a couple weeks ago and am very disappointed.  The driver recommendation was a Srixon Z765 which, as best I can tell is two years old and no longer available new.  There was no recommendation on shaft flex or loft.  I have twice tried to contact them by the message button on their website, but no response.  There is no phone or email listed on the website. They offer a 60 day guarantee, but no way to contact them.  I only pissed away $7, but  I am very disappointed that MyGolfSpy had recommend this without more research or at least a disclaimer that it had not been checked out.

I too was recommended the Z765 and this driver is awesome you have many adjustments as far as loft to play with and can even set it up closed or open I am very happy with my purchase based on the recommendation and was happy to spend 120 used online to put it in the bag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Well, I tried it a couple weeks ago and am very disappointed.  The driver recommendation was a Srixon Z765 which, as best I can tell is two years old and no longer available new.  There was no recommendation on shaft flex or loft.  I have twice tried to contact them by the message button on their website, but no response.  There is no phone or email listed on the website. They offer a 60 day guarantee, but no way to contact them.  I only pissed away $7, but  I am very disappointed that MyGolfSpy had recommend this without more research or at least a disclaimer that it had not been checked out.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, my suggestion is that you read some of the threads on the tool and what the current version offered. Without data for the new heads it may be impossible to recommend 2019 equipment since the algorithms have no data to evaluate against. Hopefully Adam or someone associated with the trufit website will see your post and respond directly to you.
  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Does anyone know if these advanced fitting will be attached to previously purchasedd online fittings or do we have to purchase a new fitting? I looked at my old fittings and nothing has changed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html