Flat Tires

fixyurdivot

3 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

@Kenny B whoa those are some nasty looking things.  They look way worse than the sand spurs we get around the coast.  

I have them growing around the edges of my yard near the road; can't get rid of them!  My sprinklers water out into the gravel area and they grow... well, like weeds!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have them growing around the edges of my yard near the road; can't get rid of them!  My sprinklers water out into the gravel area and they grow... well, like weeds!

Those things just look and now act like nightmares.  I could think of a few herbicidal remedies to try, but I wouldn't be telling you guys anything new.  Just remind me to keep my shoes on the next time I am west of the Mississippi! 

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

6 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Those things just look and now act like nightmares.  I could think of a few herbicidal remedies to try, but I wouldn't be telling you guys anything new.  Just remind me to keep my shoes on the next time I am west of the Mississippi! 

I use Roundup in the gravel areas two or three times a year.  They just keep coming back though.

The more "dog track" the course, the more tackweeds you'll find.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 1/10/2019 at 11:49 AM, JohnSmalls said:

@Kenny B whoa those are some nasty looking things.  They look way worse than the sand spurs we get around the coast.  

Yeah you darn sure do not want to walk in my yard in the spring and summer. Those sand spurs are everywhere. I have been out west and know exactly what the guys are talking about

• Like 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex--- 9 Wood TM V-Steel Stock TM Stiff---- 1 Iron Ping Eye2 Stock Ping blue label medium---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bags either Jones Original non stand or Burton Mini Staff non advertising model

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

They pack a punch!

goat head sticker.jpg

Those are nasty b!tches.  The course I play on vacation on the Outer Banks of NC each spring has way too much of that stuff.  My score is inversely proportional to how many of those I'm pulling out of my legs at the end of the round.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

18 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

They pack a punch!

goat head sticker.jpg

Well, at least I don't have to deal with those. I mean, at least not for the 3 months we can play. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Can we rename this the Flat Tires and Nightmares thread?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I was looking into replacing my air tires on my 1st gen Speed Cart from, the solid tires are $52.50 and you need a fork kit $15 both from Sun Mountain.

I haven't had any flats only the annoying leakage and used to go to cart barn to top off the air. 

I hadn't used it in 10 yrs or more as most of the guys I played with rode, and now I have a portable air compressor that fills each tire in 1 minute .

Instead of getting the solid tires for now, I got some of this 'Flat Out'  from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PWBFTRJ?pf_rd_r=71STE9873Q0GWZWFSBXV&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=39cb2c72-f7b6-467d-92af-e3a728cffc2d&pd_rd_w=3zj4s&pd_rd_wg=iZTsQ&ref_=pd_gw_unk

I'm in So Cal and won't be going through any thick weeds, I hope