Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

5 hours ago, Samuel09152 said:

Dang it Rob! We just driving by each other I feel like lol I’m actually gonna be in GA Sunday-Tuesday. Going to play the Fields outside of Atlanta and hopefully bourbon hunt for a little bit. 
Soon maybe we can meet in Bham for the backyard and oxmoor or something like that, but if your itching to get to Huntsville, next time I’ll definitely make sure I can meet you! 

Have a great time!  One day maybe...

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Have a great time!  One day maybe...

I can come to you also! i havent played any course's really in south Al except for Craft Farms! I need to meet up with you, I think we would have a blast on the course! 

Samuel Hanvey 

5 hours ago, Samuel09152 said:

I can come to you also! i havent played any course's really in south Al except for Craft Farms! I need to meet up with you, I think we would have a blast on the course! 

I've got a spare room, would need a weeks notice though due to duty schedule! Fall golf is the best here imo!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

• 2 weeks later...

Just moved to Hoover Alabama last year.  I am a member at Riverchase Country Club.  Always enjoy meeting new people for a round of golf.  Hit me up if you are in town and want to try to meet up to play.   I also travel for work a lot and take my clubs with me......

Michael Smith, but people call me Bushwacker Mike because of the booze I make 🙂

11 Jekyl and Hyde handicap.....80 one day, 98 the next.

Change clubs and balls too often to update here.......but I know its my swing......

1 hour ago, Bushwacker Mike said:

Just moved to Hoover Alabama last year.  I am a member at Riverchase Country Club.  Always enjoy meeting new people for a round of golf.  Hit me up if you are in town and want to try to meet up to play.   I also travel for work a lot and take my clubs with me......

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

2 hours ago, Bushwacker Mike said:

If ever in dothan, maybe we can get a round in!  Welcome to the forums

WITB-

Hey there guys! I’m Nick, I’m 31 years old and I live in Charleston, South Carolina. I’m originally from New Jersey (I know, large shock to anyone who also lives in Charleston), and I’ve been playing golf for the last 20 years. I picked the game up as a way to spend more time with my father who has a huge love for the game. I’ve been playing competitively since my freshman year of high school, when I started competing in Amateur Tournaments as well as for my school team. I continued playing competitively through college at Rutgers, and even after school ended. I took a few years off from the game when my wife became pregnant. But I couldn’t stay away for too long, and I’ve been back to grinding away the last few years. This year I am going to make my return to competitive golf, by playing in a handful of CGA events, and well as the qualifiers for the US Amateur and Open! I’m currently a 0.6 handicap, and my goal is to get back to the + side by the end of the fall. 

As for my WIYB:

TaylorMade Stealth 9 Degree Driver

Titleist TSI 3 wood

Titleist TSR2 5 wood

Mizuno MP-32 irons 

Titleist Vokey Wedges 56 and 60 Degree

Ping Anser 2 Putter

I look forward to interacting with you guys on here and hope to run into some of you at an Amateur tournament sometime!

Edited by Nick_Chilelli

Taylormade Stealth 9 Degree Fujikura Ventus Red 5-S

Titleist TS2 15 Degree Project X Hzrdus Smoke 70g

Titleist TSr1 18 Degree Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75g

Mizuno MP-32 True Temper S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 56, 60 Degree

Ping Anser 2 2024 Release

5 minutes ago, Nick_Chilelli said:

Hey there guys! I’m Nick, I’m 31 years old and I live in Charleston, South Carolina. I’m originally from New Jersey (I know, large shock to anyone who also lives in Charleston), and I’ve been playing golf for the last 20 years. I picked the game up as a way to spend more time with my father who has a huge love for the game. I’ve been playing competitively since my freshman year of high school, when I started competing in Amateur Tournaments as well as for my school team. I continued playing competitively through college at Rutgers, and even after school ended. I took a few years off from the game when my wife became pregnant. But I couldn’t stay away for too long, and I’ve been back to grinding away the last few years. This year I am going to make my return to competitive golf, by playing in a handful of CGA events, and well as the qualifiers for the US Amateur and Open! I’m currently a 0.6 handicap, and my goal is to get back to the + side by the end of the fall. 

As for my WIYB:

TaylorMade Stealth 9 Degree Driver

Titleist TSI 3 wood

Titleist TSR2 5 wood

Mizuno MP-32 irons 

Titleist Vokey Wedges 56 and 60 Degree

Ping Anser 2 Putter

I look forward to interacting with you guys on here and hope to run into some of you at an Amateur tournament sometime!

Welcome!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

21 hours ago, Nick_Chilelli said:

Hey there guys! I’m Nick, I’m 31 years old and I live in Charleston, South Carolina. I’m originally from New Jersey (I know, large shock to anyone who also lives in Charleston)

Welcome Nick!  Just up the road from you in Summerville!

PXG Gen6 0311 driver 9 degree with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff shaft

Tour Edge Exotics C722 2 hybrid (17 degree)

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 3 hybrid (20 degree)

Callaway Mavrik 5 hybrid (23 degree)

PXG 0311XP Gen3 irons 6-PW

Wedges: Edel 48 degree;  Cleveland RTX Fullface 52 degree; Cleveland Smartsole 58 degree

Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 putter

Hey everyone! My name is Andres. I go by Dre as well. I’m 30 and I live in Huntersville. If anyone is near the Charlotte area (closer to Cornelius/Huntersville area) I’m a 23 handicap trying to get into the teens. Would love to find a group of guys that want to play or practice somewhat regularly. Im trying to play more consistently but it can be difficult finding the time to do so. I have a one year old and I also do BJJ so both hobbies take up a lot of free time. My WITB is below! 

Putter- Taylormade Spider

wedges - Vokey 56 and 58 ( need to replace it with a 60)

Irons- Titleist AP 3 5-PW AMT Black Stiff Shaft

Hybrids- Taylormade M2 3&4 regular flex stock shaft

Woods- Taylormade Sim2 3W stiff flex stock shaft

Driver - Taylormade Sim2 9degree stiff flex stock shaft. 

Driver - Callaway XR

3W - Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3H - Taylormade M2 2017

4H - Taylormade M2 2017

5i-48* - Titleist AP3

56* - Titleist Vokey SM8

58* - Titleist Vokey SM5

Putter - Taylormade Spider X

-How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I played A TON in high school but hurt my shoulder so I took many years off(maybe 2x a year max). Just picked it up again more seriously last year, reworked my swing and we're back in business baby! My handicap is 14.4 but as long as it's under 20, I'm a happy camper!

-What do you love about golf?

2 things I love most... hanging out on the course with some good friends and I also love the ups and downs. Golf is the most humbling and rewarding sport. I just love how it blends creativity, grit and mental focus. 

-What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I initially used all your resources when looking for new clubs. I love my choices and I view this website as a huge contributor to my successful choices!

-Where are you from? What is your home course?

Wisconsin originally, but I live in Charlotte NC now! I love Edgewater in Lancaster SC, but I wouldn't really say I have a home course.

-What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The season is so long... but holy crap it's hot here. I've lived here for 6 years and the summers just beat you down!

-What do you do for a living?

I'm a mechanical engineer and I design firefighting equipment for Scott Safety. I always say "I help people help people". I just try to contribute something positive to the world and this seemed like a good fit with some fun technical challenges 🙂

-How’d you pick your user name?

Easy, it's my name and last initial!

Cleveland putter #8

Kirkland wedges

PXG xcor2 irons (p-5)

PXG 0211 4 hyb, 3 wood and Driver

4 hours ago, arobledo1293 said:

Hey everyone! My name is Andres. I go by Dre as well. I’m 30 and I live in Huntersville. If anyone is near the Charlotte area (closer to Cornelius/Huntersville area) I’m a 23 handicap trying to get into the teens. Would love to find a group of guys that want to play or practice somewhat regularly. Im trying to play more consistently but it can be difficult finding the time to do so. I have a one year old and I also do BJJ so both hobbies take up a lot of free time. My WITB is below! 

Welcome from southeast Alabama!

41 minutes ago, AaronD said:

I played A TON in high school but hurt my shoulder so I took many years off(maybe 2x a year max). Just picked it up again more seriously last year, reworked my swing and we're back in business baby! My handicap is 14.4 but as long as it's under 20, I'm a happy camper!

2 things I love most... hanging out on the course with some good friends and I also love the ups and downs. Golf is the most humbling and rewarding sport. I just love how it blends creativity, grit and mental focus. 

I initially used all your resources when looking for new clubs. I love my choices and I view this website as a huge contributor to my successful choices!

Wisconsin originally, but I live in Charlotte NC now! I love Edgewater in Lancaster SC, but I wouldn't really say I have a home course.

The season is so long... but holy crap it's hot here. I've lived here for 6 years and the summers just beat you down!

I'm a mechanical engineer and I design firefighting equipment for Scott Safety. I always say "I help people help people". I just try to contribute something positive to the world and this seemed like a good fit with some fun technical challenges 🙂

Welcome! Just played my first course in Waynesville NC.   Humidity is definitely a game.killer

WITB-

11 hours ago, puffler said:

Welcome Nick!  Just up the road from you in Summerville!

Where do you normally play around here? I get out at the Muni mostly (5 minutes down the road and only $20 to walk).

Taylormade Stealth 9 Degree Fujikura Ventus Red 5-S

Titleist TS2 15 Degree Project X Hzrdus Smoke 70g

Titleist TSr1 18 Degree Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75g

Mizuno MP-32 True Temper S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 56, 60 Degree

Ping Anser 2 2024 Release

9 hours ago, arobledo1293 said:

Welcome to the Forum!

5 hours ago, AaronD said:

Welcome to the Forum!

11 hours ago, Nick_Chilelli said:

Where do you normally play around here? I get out at the Muni mostly (5 minutes down the road and only $20 to walk).

I mostly play Crowfield, Wescott, Berkeley and the Joint Base Charleston courses (Wrenwoods and Red Bank). I should walk and play but I always ride a cart.  Even with riding I get worn out halfway through the back nine (and my shots reflect that) so can't imagine how bad I would play if I walked!

PXG Gen6 0311 driver 9 degree with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff shaft

Tour Edge Exotics C722 2 hybrid (17 degree)

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 3 hybrid (20 degree)

Callaway Mavrik 5 hybrid (23 degree)

PXG 0311XP Gen3 irons 6-PW

Wedges: Edel 48 degree;  Cleveland RTX Fullface 52 degree; Cleveland Smartsole 58 degree

Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 putter

Hey everyone, my name is Corey and I’m originally from East TN. I currently live close to the Tampa area. 

How long have you been playing golf?

I’ve messed with golf since I was 17, but didn’t get serious until about 2015/2016.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

we mostly play best ball as a group - but I would say mid 80s a round I could shoot consistently. Very much depends on how familiar I am to the course but I try to play basic golf of keeping it in the fairway and 2 putt and move on. 

What do you love about golf?

I love that it is something I can do with my son and my dad. My son has been fighting metastases osteosarcoma since 2019. He has had his femur, partial hip, and knee removed due to cancer along with 5 lung surgeries for tumors. My dad had a stroke and lost the left side of his body. Even with all these hardships we can still get out and have a great time together! The sights, sounds, sunshine, and spending time with one another! 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I frequent many forms and golf focused content - however mostly in a reader/consumer capacity. 

Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not - but finding some Central FL golf buddies sure would be nice! 

Where are you from?

originally - East TN (Knoxville) / currently - Tampa, FL

What is your home course?

I currently don’t have a home course - I’d have to say Summerfield Crossings though is the one I have frequented recently the most. Streamsong and Esplanade also 2 courses/areas I have been going to recently. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The worst should be the same everywhere- slow as molasses play….the best…I love Florida golf (water, scenic, challenging). 

What do you do for a living?

Project Management for a large Bank. 

How’d you pick your user name?

Idk what made my 14 yrs old self select this….maybe that was what was available and I have just stuck with it for everything since. 

Cobra F9 (Dr/3w)

Pxg Gen4 (hybrid)

p790 (4-Pw)

Vokey SM9 (50-58)

Cleveland RHO 2315 (putter) 

Welcome to the site! 

WITB-

On 7/28/2024 at 9:09 PM, Rob Person said:

If ever in dothan, maybe we can get a round in!  Welcome to the forums

You got it!

Michael Smith, but people call me Bushwacker Mike because of the booze I make 🙂

11 Jekyl and Hyde handicap.....80 one day, 98 the next.

Change clubs and balls too often to update here.......but I know its my swing......

2 hours ago, Johnsonc22 said:

Hey everyone, my name is Corey and I’m originally from East TN. I currently live close to the Tampa area. 

How long have you been playing golf?

I’ve messed with golf since I was 17, but didn’t get serious until about 2015/2016.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

we mostly play best ball as a group - but I would say mid 80s a round I could shoot consistently. Very much depends on how familiar I am to the course but I try to play basic golf of keeping it in the fairway and 2 putt and move on. 

What do you love about golf?

I love that it is something I can do with my son and my dad. My son has been fighting metastases osteosarcoma since 2019. He has had his femur, partial hip, and knee removed due to cancer along with 5 lung surgeries for tumors. My dad had a stroke and lost the left side of his body. Even with all these hardships we can still get out and have a great time together! The sights, sounds, sunshine, and spending time with one another! 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I frequent many forms and golf focused content - however mostly in a reader/consumer capacity. 

Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not - but finding some Central FL golf buddies sure would be nice! 

Where are you from?

originally - East TN (Knoxville) / currently - Tampa, FL

What is your home course?

I currently don’t have a home course - I’d have to say Summerfield Crossings though is the one I have frequented recently the most. Streamsong and Esplanade also 2 courses/areas I have been going to recently. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The worst should be the same everywhere- slow as molasses play….the best…I love Florida golf (water, scenic, challenging). 

What do you do for a living?

Project Management for a large Bank. 

How’d you pick your user name?

Idk what made my 14 yrs old self select this….maybe that was what was available and I have just stuck with it for everything since. 

Welcome to the Forum!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  50+ years, 7.6 cap 

What do you love about golf?  If you walk, it’s good exercise.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Have used the site for years, never realized there was a forum. 

Where are you from? Western Kentucky  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Weather allows golf 12 months a year.  Ohio Valley humidity in July/August is absolutely suffocating.  

What do you do for a living?  Retired.  

IMG_1715.jpeg

IMG_1716.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

Taylormade Sim2 Max 10.5*, Fujikura Air Speeder

Adams 2021 Tight Lies 3W

Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype Hybrids 20* & 23*

Mizuno MP-59 5/PW

Cleveland 588 51*, 56*, 60*

Cleveland HB 11

1 hour ago, Remo said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  50+ years, 7.6 cap 

What do you love about golf?  If you walk, it’s good exercise.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Have used the site for years, never realized there was a forum. 

Where are you from? Western Kentucky  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Weather allows golf 12 months a year.  Ohio Valley humidity in July/August is absolutely suffocating.  

What do you do for a living?  Retired.  

IMG_1715.jpeg

IMG_1716.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

Welcome!

Welcome to MGS!
Hello all, my name is John and I'm from Clermont Florida. I've been playing golf seriously for about 3 years and I'm 53 years old. Golf pad says I'm playing to a 6.8 and generally break 80 if the course doesn't have Jagermister. What do I love what isn't there to love? My favorite thing is the feeling that I can do this because I know I can feeling practice gives you. Home course is Green Valley In Clermont 5 minutes from my house

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

JWW

18 minutes ago, JohnWallis said:

Hello all, my name is John and I'm from Clermont Florida. I've been playing golf seriously for about 3 years and I'm 53 years old. Golf pad says I'm playing to a 6.8 and generally break 80 if the course doesn't have Jagermister. What do I love what isn't there to love? My favorite thing is the feeling that I can do this because I know I can feeling practice gives you. Home course is Green Valley In Clermont 5 minutes from my house

Welcome to MGS!

2 hours ago, JohnWallis said:

Awesome!  Welcome aboard 

WITB-

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for over 20 years.  I am around a 10 handicap, but my scores can be wildly inconsistent.  I would say mid-low 80s is pretty standard.

What do you love about golf? Time outside with friends, the challenge, the head game...and making long putts

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  No, I dont know any others.  I was brought here for the opportunity to be a tester, then figured I may as well participate.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Charlotte, NC.  I play a lot of the public courses in the area.  No membership/home course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Not enough options for the large population Some of the courses are flat out overplayed, no one wants a 5 hour round.  Best thing is you can play almost year round -- IMO the two exceptions are August (heat) and February (cold)

What do you do for a living? Sales within staffing solutions

How’d you pick your user name? College nickname + bday

Stealth 2 Driver

Stealth 2 3 Wood

Callaway X Forged 2 Iron

Callaway APEX 4- PW Irons

Callaway Jaws 50* & 56* Wedges

Scotty Cameron Putters (working on a beginner collection)

20 minutes ago, Buddha916 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for over 20 years.  I am around a 10 handicap, but my scores can be wildly inconsistent.  I would say mid-low 80s is pretty standard.

What do you love about golf? Time outside with friends, the challenge, the head game...and making long putts

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  No, I dont know any others.  I was brought here for the opportunity to be a tester, then figured I may as well participate.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Charlotte, NC.  I play a lot of the public courses in the area.  No membership/home course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Not enough options for the large population Some of the courses are flat out overplayed, no one wants a 5 hour round.  Best thing is you can play almost year round -- IMO the two exceptions are August (heat) and February (cold)

What do you do for a living? Sales within staffing solutions

How’d you pick your user name? College nickname + bday

Welcome to the forum!  I am not far from you, I'm just over the state line on the south side.  There's lots of great golf just outside of Charlotte.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

12 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Welcome to the forum!  I am not far from you, I'm just over the state line on the south side.  There's lots of great golf just outside of Charlotte.

Thanks!  Let me know if you ever want to get out there -- I am a Gamecock though 🙂

Stealth 2 Driver

Stealth 2 3 Wood

Callaway X Forged 2 Iron

Callaway APEX 4- PW Irons

Callaway Jaws 50* & 56* Wedges

Scotty Cameron Putters (working on a beginner collection)