Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tony@CIC

Matrix shafts

Anyone know the legend for Matrix shafts? I'm trying to identify the flex and weight of a 3 wood shaft it a discontinued model: Matrix Ozik XCON-5 and is marked as Flex-M.

I tried email and phone but can't get through to them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Anyone know the legend for Matrix shafts? I'm trying to identify the flex and weight of a 3 wood shaft it a discontinued model: Matrix Ozik XCON-5 and is marked as Flex-M.

Is it a pull from an RBZ Taylor Made head?

19 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

It's a senior flex 

Screenshot_20190211-204316.png.09966d91d251ae97948bf1c451cf34a2.png

FYI Matrix went out of business a little over a year ago. 

I believe their top guys, along with their IP, formed/joined forces with LA Golf Shafts 

https://lagolfshafts.com

• Like 2

I didn’t know the XCON 5 series was offered in an M flex. The regular and senior flex in that Matrix lineup are both 62 gram, high launch, low spin profiles. My guess is those numbers are also a pretty safe bet for your M flex labeled OZIK shaft.

22 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Based on the TM comment from jlukes,  I did a search and found this:

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/on/demandware.static/Sites-TMaG-Site/Sites-TMaG-Library/en_US/v1375254470582/images/customs/Custom/Spring_2012_Shaft_Grip_Options.pdf

Are you sure it is an Ozik and not just and XCON-5?   The Ozik doesn't show a M flex.   If it is the Matrix XCON-5 for TM then it is 45g and a senior flex.

1 minute ago, downlowkey said:

I didn’t know the XCON 5 series was offered in an M flex. The regular and senior flex in that Matrix lineup are both 62 gram, high launch, low spin profiles. My guess is those numbers are also a pretty safe bet for your M flex labeled OZIK shaft.

I think it's the made for TMaG version that came in the RBZ which I posted above. Only XCON-5 that came in M flex 

Is it a pull from an RBZ Taylor Made head?

Thanks everyone for your quick feedback. FYI it is on a TM RBZ 3 wood. I should have searched TM as well as Matrix. Lesson learned!

• Like 2