gbtrsc

Fox US Open coverage

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I guess I fall into the really don't notice that much difference category.  I focus on the golf and not so much on the broadcast team. IMO, no one covers golf like The Masters and, if the others are striving to be the best at golf coverage, should use that venue as their gold standard.

The Masters is a different beast. The course/club controls every aspect. If it wasn’t for wanting to hear the roars around the course and the other sounds I would watch the masters on mute to avoid the broadcast team

I enjoyed the FOX coverage. I like that they are blatantly showing more golf shots than the other networks. 

I dislike all fluff pieces from any coverage of any sport. They do serve a purpose though as they allow the broadcast team time to use the facilities so I can't be too upset with them as the fluff piece allows me to enjoy less commercials and more golf.

I don't pay too much attention to the commentary of any sport broadcast, so I don't feel Buck, Zinger, and Strange were abhorrent. However, it is clear that Bacon and Faxon are incredibly strong and need to become featured even more.

• Like 3

I thought the coverage was very good on Fox but I did miss Jim Nance and Amanda Balionis with her positivity.  I like Nick Faldo too but wish he was a bit more salty ala Johnny Miller.🤣

... This thread just goes to show how difficult it is to please all. I too enjoy Azinger and think he talks to the audience like he would his fiends sitting around and watching together. I like his "uncle'isms" at least until he starts repeating them and they become catch phrases. But we seem to be the minority as most just don't like him. Same with Curtis Strange as he gives us a players perspective I find very interesting. I never want to hear Buck again. Ever. The one universal seems to be Bacon and Faxon who are as good as it gets together. I hate the cutaways to interviews and features while the leaders are playing. But I enjoyed Keven Nealon's dog feature well before any leaders teed off.

... I am reminded of the quote: "You can please all of the people some of the time. You can please some of the people all of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time". 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 2