Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Maxfli Tour

Read through this - 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/35415-2019-maxfli-tour-and-tour-x-golf-balls/

It will answer all of those questions.... 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

The Maxfli Tour Matte Green are on sale today (Thursday 2/13) at Dicks during one of their Flash Sales. $17.98 a dozen. I played a dozen last summer and was quite impressed with them. Very good distance and the stopping power on the greens was right up there with the $50 a dozen balls. I've read numerous articles on the CG marking on the ball and they did go rather straight for me so it may work.

maxfli tour matte green sale price.jpg

maxfli tour matte green box.jpg

maxfli tour matte green.jpg

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

• 2 weeks later...

Today (02/26) Golf Galaxy has the same sale I posted above from Dicks. The Maxfli Tour Matte Greens are $17.98 a dozen until 10pm EST tonight. Also, my favorite mud plug balls, the Maxfli StraightFli Matte Whites are $6.98 a dozen. Are they tour caliber...NO...do they hurt less when they plug in the mud and you can't find them compared to a Pro V1...YES! And they actually play fairly well.

JMHO....

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

23 hours ago, wwaldo said:

Today (02/26) Golf Galaxy has the same sale I posted above from Dicks. The Maxfli Tour Matte Greens are $17.98 a dozen until 10pm EST tonight. Also, my favorite mud plug balls, the Maxfli StraightFli Matte Whites are $6.98 a dozen. Are they tour caliber...NO...do they hurt less when they plug in the mud and you can't find them compared to a Pro V1...YES! And they actually play fairly well.

JMHO....

I don't miss this - having to play a different ball from October (leaves) to April (plugging).  The Tour is a very good ball - It did well in the MGS robot testing and as a human tester I will say that I could certainly game it.  Stay away from the Tour x unless you have a very high swing speed - it was the case in our test group and also as I tested it - sometimes close to 20 yards shorter than the Tour or my gamer - Pro V1x.  When I've let one of the high SS guys that I've been playing with hit it they do fine - its a flop for everyone else that I know.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Tried the matte white Tour last weekend.  I now realize why most golf balls are glossy white.  I am near sighted and wear glasses when I play, but even so, the matte finish is tough to see visually.  Played the back 9 with a PV1 and there was a bit more distance but not a tremendous amount.  If you can afford it the PV1 is a better ball but these aren't far behind.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Played the Maxfli Tour CG Matte Green on Tuesday. Played one ball all day and even had two 280+ yard drives. Both were on Par 5’s but only one with a favorable wind. The Tour CG is definitely the ball for me.....getting used to the Matte Green.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The matte green and white balls are still on sale at Dick's today, but not Golf Galaxy. Online only (I got them to price match their website instore)

Going to give the matte green a try.

Edited by Jim418

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

The matte green and white balls are still on sale at Dick's today, but not Golf Galaxy.
Going to give the matte green a try.

Pretty easy to spot on the course.

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This is the ball I've been playing this winter, and have really liked it. Sadly, the forest of Puerto Rico reached out and claimed my last few so this sale came at a good time. 

Side note / question. @Tony Covey MGS mentioned that matte golf balls were strictly bad on one of the npg podcasts... Does anyone have more information on that statement?I haven't noticed any performance issues with these, and compared them on a launch monitor to the new B XS balls and didn't see anything glaring. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

2 hours ago, Thin2win said:

This is the ball I've been playing this winter, and have really liked it. Sadly, the forest of Puerto Rico reached out and claimed my last few so this sale came at a good time. 

Side note / question. @Tony Covey MGS mentioned that matte golf balls were strictly bad on one of the npg podcasts... Does anyone have more information on that statement?I haven't noticed any performance issues with these, and compared them on a launch monitor to the new B XS balls and didn't see anything glaring. 

In their wet wedge test they indicated "cheaper (2-piece) balls and matte finish balls are affected more significantly by moisture."  That was the only use of he word "matte" in their golf ball buying guide.

I played a lot of Matte balls last season and they perform as well as the glossy for me but the one thing I did notice was they get dirtier quicker. I had to use the ball washer more often rather than just wipe off with a towel. The Matte Green color helped me to see them in flight and on the ground. I would prefer a yellow but they don't make it. 

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Played my first round with the Maxfli Tour ball in matte green. Very weird to be looking for a green ball rather than white. Was pleased with the results. I did not find the colour distracting (I thought I might). Enjoyed playing with a less spinny ball (had been playing the Kirkland 3-piece which is way to spinny for me). It stopped quickly on greens with no sucking back.

I had tried it out on a practice green the day before and did not like it at all. The matte surface seemed to interact with the face of my TM Spider putter oddly. But the next day when i put it in play it was fine. Liked it a lot better than the Kirkland 3-piece.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:52 AM, wwaldo said:

I played a lot of Matte balls last season and they perform as well as the glossy for me but the one thing I did notice was they get dirtier quicker. I had to use the ball washer more often rather than just wipe off with a towel. The Matte Green color helped me to see them in flight and on the ground. I would prefer a yellow but they don't make it. 

That's what I find as well.  On the plus side however, they tend not to show scuff marks as much. I sort of like the matte finish but will likely only play those I find.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Hit the green matte Maxfli Tour again well today. Had a couple of pretty memorable shots: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/21462-what-was-your-shot-of-the-day/page/43/?tab=comments#comment-603365