Our Sponsors

On 9/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, sixcat said:

My thought is, if Bryson bombs driver everywhere, he won't be playing the weekend. 

On 9/16/2020 at 12:15 PM, Kenny B said:

His accuracy has been pretty good at some tournaments.  He hit more fairways than DJ did at the PGA.  However, when he gets wild, he hits the ball further off the fairway than most do.  

I'm more concerned about his short game, which seems to suck with the OL clubs.

Well, he certainly showed us!!  LOL

And with only 23 fairways hit the entire tournament; fewest in history by 4 fairways over Cabrera's 27.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly Nostradamus, there dumbass! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well, I’ve gained 10 pounds and working on a degree in Biblical studies... pretty much the same. 😂😂

You have no idea how happy this post makes me. There are always two sides to a story. It’s why I don’t root based on so-called character - we can’t know these guys for real unless we happen too. I

Posted Images

great round and great win for bryson. he played great golf

just a thought, if he was +10 the announcers would be tearing him apart for the same scientific approach that they were seemingly in awe of over this whole round. 

• Like 3
Already have the one length irons, ready to start drinking shakes every day...  but do they really need protein or is ice cream ok?

I’m in for the ice cream

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That's what I decided when the OL clubs hit the market.  I'm too old.  However, if I did, I would be talking to Edel.  I like their approach to OL irons better than Cobra.

I’m definitely too old.

• Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I believe that is one of many, many Major wins for Bryson.  He finally cracked the shell, now the extra confidence is there... watch out PGA Tour.

• Like 2

Good win for Bryson. I agree that the question now is can he keep the length up, probably long enough to win a lot of tournaments and majors. I would imagine if he keeps it up we might see a bit more on the single plane swing, but would take some time.

• Like 1

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Watching the post round interview.  Interesting comments.  The kids definitely passionate about what he's doing. I just ordered a 1 year supply. 😄

image.jpeg.5cd4c0a3b4fee02b5a7f9b5412fe8982.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I'm not a fan of dechambeau, but that was pretty fun to watch. I wish Wolff could have made it closer down the stretch.

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

BAD's strength makes shots from the deep rough easier from either 200 yards or 10.    He was in it a lot, but there was rarely a violent lash, just nice smooth passes.  

Who knows what USGA/R&A will do with the distance issue, but in the meantime a lot of those tour guys are going to be bulking up.     

Hey I'm in. pass the Ben & Jerry's Coffee Toffee.

• Like 1

Wolff is no pushover but BAD was at a different Level today.
There’s going to be some “soul searching” this off season.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Boy, great round of golf and Bryson is no doubt gonna be around for a while. But yeesh, that post round interview with him was painful. I have absolutely no issues with how he's approaching the game, but the "I'm so smart, let me show everybody the big words I know" shtick definitely rubs me wrong

• Like 2

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

So very nice tournament and great win for BAD. I wonder deep down which one piece of information/swing thought/strategy tweak, etc contributed the most to his success this weekend? Was it his chat w/Phil M. regarding the short game or his Sat late evening driver - driving range session? I know there were several things that contributed to his success and win but regarding this past week I just wonder what one thing/piece of advice, etc. had the most impact?

I don't think he's trying to show off how smart he is. It seems more to me that that is just the way he's wired. It's just how he thinks about things. I get that it might come across that way, you're not the only one sharing that opinion, but I don't think he actually has any intent to lord his intelligence over anyone.

It seems he, like sixcat mentioned about Patrick Reed, is just really misunderstood. I've seen a lot of people talk about how genuine and how nice and down to earth he is. They also have all said Bryson talks the way he does in press conferences in regular conversation. It's just who he is.

Boy, great round of golf and Bryson is no doubt gonna be around for a while. But yeesh, that post round interview with him was painful. I have absolutely no issues with how he's approaching the game, but the "I'm so smart, let me show everybody the big words I know" shtick definitely rubs me wrong

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Wolff is no pushover but BAD was at a different Level today.
There’s going to be some “soul searching” this off season.

There's an off season??  I think some of the big names found out last year that if they skip all of the early events before the first of the year, then they are playing FedEX catch up in the majors and playoffs.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The 48" driver experiment is officially a go...

I saw something earlier in the week where it seems it's only a matter of time before Bryson brings a 48" driver into play. Sounded like he's just waiting on LA Golf Shafts to get him a driver shaft at 48" that's as consistent as his current one is at 45.5".

So try as the governing bodies may to rein him in, I don't think they're going to be successful in taking his distance advantage away or much of his distance in general, if they do rein the ball in.

Bryson's SG totals for the week...

SG: Total - 22.37
SG: Tee to Green - 17.78
SG: Off the Tee - 5.38
SG: Approach - 6.98
SG: Around the Green - 5.42
SG: Putting - 4.59

Pretty evenly distributed across all facets of the game. A rather complete victory.

Some interesting stats about Bryson's win this week...

https://golf.com/news/6-stats-prove-bryson-dechambeau-u-s-open/

• Like 1

Credit where credit is due.
I really don't like this guy and was rootingn for Wolff, but you gotta admire Bryson's work ethic... hitting balls after 8pm after 3 tournament days... how bad do you want it? Don't think you see many tour players doing that...

Congratz, well played!

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

6 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Bryson's SG totals for the week...

SG: Total - 22.37
SG: Tee to Green - 17.78
SG: Off the Tee - 5.38
SG: Approach - 6.98
SG: Around the Green - 5.42
SG: Putting - 4.59

Pretty evenly distributed across all facets of the game. A rather complete victory.

Hopefully this doesn't get lost in the shuffle! So many people have just focused on Bryson's long game, but the reason he won is because he was on point with his entire game, not just off the tee

• Like 5

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour