Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Would you buy a (Scotty Cameron) wedge or set of irons?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

A conversation I had with an industry insider the other day got me thinking:

Would you buy a Scotty Cameron wedge or set of irons if he began making them?

#TruthDigest

I would totally buy them, because you know that they are going to be worth some serious cash a few years down the road if you can get one of the early sets, regardless of how they play

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

I would totally buy them, because you know that they are going to be worth some serious cash a few years down the road if you can get one of the early sets, regardless of how they play

If you look at it as an investment and plan to make money in the future, then yes I guess I would.

If it's for personal use, then my answer is no, I think their putters are overrated and charging so much for a little design twist doesn't appeal to me.

Just like with putters, I think there are better out there (best bang for buck of course)

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

If you look at it as an investment and plan to make money in the future, then yes I guess I would.

If it's for personal use, then my answer is no, I think their putters are overrated and charging so much for a little design twist doesn't appeal to me.

Just like with putters, I think there are better out there (best bang for buck of course)

I agree completely, I would never buy them to play, simply try to get a set early, and then sell for a huge profit to a Scotty Fanatic that just HAS to have any thing with Scotty Camerson stamped on it. I'm scared to think what the msrp would be on a set of Scott Cameron irons would be. :/

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

• SPY VIP

If they play well, why not. I don't care if they are stamped with the name "Turd Ferguson" on them. If they are good wedges or irons for my game then they get a shot.

Cameron makes quality putters. The name gives the irons that cred. I am sure people will argue that they are just copies of some other irons though.

What it comes down to is why you want it. Personally I really want a newport buttonback. Not because it says Cameron on it, but because there is no sight line and I love the feel on the Tel3 insert.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

What it comes down to is why you want it. Personally I really want a newport buttonback. Not because it says Cameron on it, but because there is no sight line and I love the feel on the Tel3 insert.

Do you know this for a fact. that the newport TeI3 won't have a siteline? This might bring me back into the Cameron fold - I love the tei3 insert.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Do you know this for a fact. that the newport TeI3 won't have a siteline? This might bring me back into the Cameron fold - I love the tei3 insert.

Not sure on the new model, but none of the newports so far have lines. NP2 do, but not the standard newport.

I was actually talking about the previously released buttonback newport anyway.

Volvo Intorqueo

If they were priced reasonable, performed well, and had a good look and feel I would consider it. However, I'm skeptical about SC pulling off that equation, I doubt it is even a goal.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

It would depend on how good the design is and where they were made.

Cameron prides himself on having his products made in the US (except for that controversy/rumor with a certain line). If he has them made in the US with good QC, it may be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

If they play well, why not. I don't care if they are stamped with the name "Turd Ferguson" on them. If they are good wedges or irons for my game then they get a shot.

Cameron makes quality putters. The name gives the irons that cred. I am sure people will argue that they are just copies of some other irons though.

RITFLMAO Who is "Turd Ferguson" anyhow?? You gave me a brainstorm I do have a source I can get some experimental Dunlop Redneck unlabled heads from. I think I will get them,stamp them "Turd Ferguson" and paint fill them.Maybe find some pro to win with them and make a gadzillion bucks. I will give you one of the first sets free thanks for the idea

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• SPY VIP

RITFLMAO Who is "Turd Ferguson" anyhow?? You gave me a brainstorm I do have a source I can get some experimental Dunlop Redneck unlabled heads from. I think I will get them,stamp them "Turd Ferguson" and paint fill them.Maybe find some pro to win with them and make a gadzillion bucks. I will give you one of the first sets free thanks for the idea

I can't take credit for the name, but I'll take my cut of the gadzillion anyway :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived