Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cooling pads

pulledabill

Headed down to St. George in June so it will be hot.  Looking for a cooling pad for my head/neck.  Has anybody tried any of the ones out there while golfing.  

I assume the courses in the area keep water on the course so if all else fails, water over the head will suffice.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

25 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Headed down to St. George in June so it will be hot.  Looking for a cooling pad for my head/neck.  Has anybody tried any of the ones out there while golfing.  

I assume the courses in the area keep water on the course so if all else fails, water over the head will suffice.  

My wife and I use the Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad when it gets over 100º.  Works pretty well but like the low humidity like St. George, it has to be soaked every few holes to be effective.  Home Depot also has a similar one.

It's been quite a few years since I was in St. George and it was early March.  I don't remember water coolers on the course; maybe they just put them out when it get s hot.  

We JUST got our pins on the putting green, pool noodles out of the holes, bunker rakes, benches, and ball washers back on the course this week after COVID shutdown.  The coolers aren't out yet, and it's going to be in the 70's and 80's next week.  I hope they return this year.  You might want to call some courses next month to see if they will have them.

BTW, if you play Green Springs, the marshal and the pro are a-holes, but maybe they aren't there anymore.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I use one on the really hot days.  It does wonders to quickly drop body temperature.  Like Kenny says, you'll have to keep it wet for it to be effective.  

Due to various reasons, many courses have taken away the big coolers of ice water for health/sanitary concerns.  Some still use them, however.  Do yourself a favor and take your own bottled water with you, just in case!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I use the Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad when it gets over 100º.  Works pretty well but like the low humidity like St. George, it has to be soaked every few holes to be effective.  Home Depot also has a similar one.

It's been quite a few years since I was in St. George and it was early March.  I don't remember water coolers on the course; maybe they just put them out when it get s hot.  

We JUST got our pins on the putting green, pool noodles out of the holes, bunker rakes, benches, and ball washers back on the course this week after COVID shutdown.  The coolers aren't out yet, and it's going to be in the 70's and 80's next week.  I hope they return this year.  You might want to call some courses next month to see if they will have them.

BTW, if you play Green Springs, the marshal and the pro are a-holes, but maybe they aren't there anymore.  

I plan on playing Green Springs.  I will tell him hi for you:) 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I use one on the really hot days.  It does wonders to quickly drop body temperature.  Like Kenny says, you'll have to keep it wet for it to be effective.  

Due to various reasons, many courses have taken away the big coolers of ice water for health/sanitary concerns.  Some still use them, however.  Do yourself a favor and take your own bottled water with you, just in case!

I didn't really think about Covid and water coolers when I typed that.  Should've just figured.  I actually plan on buying some gallon jugs of water and Gatorade to freeze.  While I love golfing in the heat, I have to keep myself cool and hydrated as best as possible.  

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Some nice courses around the St George area.  If you get the chance to play Sand Hollow in Hurricane, it's worth the drive!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Some nice courses around the St George area.  If you get the chance to play Sand Hollow in Hurricane, it's worth the drive!

Best course in Utah, hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I have an Aussie Chiller hat which they recommend soaking in water. While it doesn't keep your neck cool - it does a great job of keeping your head cool. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

8 hours ago, CarlH said:

I liked Sky Mountain in Hurricane too.

If you get a chance, go to Mesquite and play Wolf Creek!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

I liked Sky Mountain in Hurricane too.

If you get a chance, go to Mesquite and play Wolf Creek!!

I did play Wolf Creek.  Loved the course.  Also played Falcon Ridge, Conastoga, Oasis, and Palms there.  I've yet to play Coyote Springs, though.

8 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I plan on playing Green Springs.  I will tell him hi for you:) 

It's an interesting course.  There was a big wait on the front nine at the par 3 over the canyon and the next hole, a par 4 with the 2nd shot over the canyon.  We played with a local wintering there from N. Utah.  Had a great time on the front nine even with the wait!!  He was only going to play nine holes, but enjoyed the round so he continued on with us.  On #10 the marshal started hounding us to move faster because the the men's club was right behind us.  I told him to take a hike.  He rode our ass, then went ahead and watched us hit into the greens.  I purposely played as slow as I could, and trapped him on the next par 3 since he went to the green and the cart path is very narrow and I parked in the narrowest spot and walked to the green.  BTW, we never saw the men's club.  When we finished I went into the clubhouse and talked to the pro.  He basically said Tough Sh!t.  We were visitors and would be gone tomorrow and he has to deal with the men's club every day.  Not a nice experience.  We played 18 holes in 4.5 hours and we waited 30 minutes on the par 3 on the front nine to tee off.  The local we played with was embarrassed the way we were treated.  I won't be going back, even if the pro is not there anymore.

45 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I did play Wolf Creek.  Loved the course.  Also played Falcon Ridge, Conastoga, Oasis, and Palms there.  I've yet to play Coyote Springs, though.

Im staying my last night in Mesquite and going back and forth between Conestoga and Wolf Cr. I can book twilight at WC or wait until 6am next day. I need to be at airport by 1pm at latest for 3pm flight back to PDX. Can't book Conestoga yet. I might catch twilight at one of them then play local 9 hole course in morning so I leave time for navigating airport. 

Sand Hollow is my main focus in SG with the plan of 36 a day. Strictly golf, pool, nap, and cocktail trip. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I have an Aussie Chiller hat which they recommend soaking in water. While it doesn't keep your neck cool - it does a great job of keeping your head cool. 

Interesting. Looked them up and liking the idea. How long before it dries out in the heat before you need to soak it again? 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

40 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Interesting. Looked them up and liking the idea. How long before it dries out in the heat before you need to soak it again? 

Before COVID, we had ice water jugs on the tees at #5, #8, #13, and #16.  At 100º the hat is ready for water by the next jug, and sometimes I'd stop at the clubhouse when making the turn.  I hope they are back this year!!!

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I use the Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad when it gets over 100º.

I 2nd the Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad. I live in AZ and play in 110° weather regularly. It's more like a chamois for your car in that it's kind of spongie and very obsorbent and holds water pretty well through the round. 

If your cart has a cooler, get the towel wet, keep it in the cooler in between use and it will be an absolute lifesaver! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

8 hours ago, pulledabill said:

. Interesting. Looked them up and liking the idea. How long before it dries out in the heat before you need to soak it again? 

Lasts several holes. However, I've never played in 100+ heat - at that temp I prefer to be inside with the A/C on

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart