Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Eureka Clubs?

MacMan

Hi All.

Wondered if any of you guys had purchased a club hoping it might work only to find its exceptionally good?

My issues have always been long irons, sure I'm not alone!

I'm OK with Airways but don't trust it like a hybrid or long iron.

Tried various Hybrids with some success, notably Srixon AD'S from 2011, Ping G410, PXG 0211s, still felt something was missing? And always wanted a 3-4 iron... For long 2nd shots and long par 3's etc.....

Found a "new old stock' Cleveland 588 Altitude 21,° with Actionlite Steel Stiff shaft!

Holy Moly what a club!!

Got to be the ugliest golf club ever made, but I soon got over it when I used it 4 times in a recent round from 190 to 200 yards, straight, or with a slight draw, flys as high as a 7 iron and as long as a 4 Hybrid!!

194 par 3 into 15mph wind, straight at flag and stopped dead!! 

Since got the 5 iron 24°.... Cleveland CBX Irons and Wedges  also very good?

Be interested if anyone else done similar!!

"They called it golf because all of the other four letter words were used" Raymond Floyd

On 11/17/2021 at 11:59 PM, Riverboat said:

Bought a Cleveland launcher 4 wood about 8 years ago, used, for $7.50 on ebay, and that included shipping. It's still in the bag. 

Love a bargain, especially when they work! a lot of very good clubs out there that have been abandoned for the latest version, often for minimal gains, cosmetic or egotistical reasons!

"They called it golf because all of the other four letter words were used" Raymond Floyd

Unfortunately I’ve found more clubs that didn’t work than those that did.

In the last two years I’ve done a lot of tinkering with my clubs and bag line-up to try and eke out every bit of performance in pursuit to getting down to scratch.

It has revealed to me some Eureka moments.

First, Arccos Golf sensors really helped me to identify clubs that I wasn’t using or were inconsistent performers.  They also helped me to understand my yardage gapping and what holes needed to be filled.

Second, The addition of a BGT Stability Tour shaft in my Odyssey O-Works Black #7 putter and a SuperStroke Traxion Tour 3.0 grip with a 75 gram CounterCore weight has helped me shave an average of two strokes per round since going in the bag.

Finding new old stock!  In my case a Tour Edge XCG7 21 degree 7 wood and XCG7 28 degree 6 hybrid, both with the Fujikura Fuel Red 60 stiff shaft.  They have become very useful clubs and are significantly more reliable than what they replaced.

Corey Paul wedges with KBS Tour-V stiff wedge shafts have replaced my Vokey SM7s and I love them, especially around the green.

Lastly, I’ve discovered that the every year or two introduction of new clubs promised to be longer, straighter and be more forgiving is pretty much a load of crap.  Having been seduced by that line of thinking for years, I’ve solidly joined the camp of finding what works for you and sticking with it regardless of it’s pedigree, age or popularity.

As long as what you have allows you to fill out your yardage gaps and you are reasonably confident that if you put a decent swing on that they will deliver then keep them in the bag.

When you lose confidence in a club for whatever reason it is time for it to go to a new home.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels