Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tampa Fl

CoachTut

Hello Everyone,

My Brother In Law is headed to Tampa so I am paying a debt and we are making a mini golf trip out of it. Need suggestions on a great course that's worth the money. $120 or less is ideal per person. Willing to drive an hour or so to play. Can't seem to find a high quality place that screams Florida Golf.  Thanks in advance for the help!

“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “ - Gen Patton

Playing out of  Celina, Tx with a mediocre 92 average.....Coach!

Ping G410 Plus - 10.5* Alta CB 55 Stiff

Callaway Mavriks 4-AW TT-X100

Nike SV 52* TT-S400

Taylormade Hit Toe 56* KB-2.0 Hi Rev

Taylormade Spider X Tour - all black

Trophy Hunter RealTree Camo Bag

Wow - max is $120? There are a lot of great courses well below that. Define Florida golf and specifically where you'll be staying - north side of Tampa Bay or South. Be forewarned either they do book up fast. I'm south of Tampa Bay as is @Greg1985 and we can recommend courses here. @revkevand @fozcycle are north of the bay and they can recommend courses there. I suggest you message them with specifics.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

@CoachTut Hope you enjoy the area. I've reviewed several courses all around the area. You can look them up here.

Some personal favorites I can recommend. Southern Dunes is in fabulous shape right now, although I've heard they have added a price premium for it, but it is close to your quoted number. Southern Hills Plantation is another. A bit south of Tampa, about an hour, is the Lakewood Ranch communities, with two great courses at Lakewood National, and another Esplanade at Azario that is a bit newer but a really great, challenging layout.

I'd stay away from World Woods. They are going through a management transition, and I've heard the conditions are below standard, and if you look at the reviews, the people (at least under the old mgmt) seem to go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome.

Enjoy the trip. I'm a Tampa native so I'm a bit biased to home, but you should have a great time!

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

TPC Tampa is a fun course, and there are sometimes Hot Deals on Golf Now that could keep you in the price range.

Lake Jovita has two good courses a bit North of town, one of them was a location for PGA Tour Q School.

It's too bad if World Woods is not good right now due to the management shift...I played both courses there a couple years ago and they were both tons of fun. I hope they get that facility back up to snuff. It's really a remarkable property.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, CoachTut said:

Hello Everyone,

My Brother In Law is headed to Tampa so I am paying a debt and we are making a mini golf trip out of it. Need suggestions on a great course that's worth the money. $120 or less is ideal per person. Willing to drive an hour or so to play. Can't seem to find a high quality place that screams Florida Golf.  Thanks in advance for the help!

https://www.streamsongresort.com/

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x