Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

wdgolf's bag

Last post: http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/4362-wdgolfs-bag/

This time around I used my Pentax K-X camera. New clubs this year are my 52-56-60 wedges and my putter. I've also added the Orange Whip and started buying 4 more yards tees based on reviews from this site.

First some shots of everything. I can now say I've build every club in my bag :D:

bag side view.jpg

bag top view.jpg

5 clubs.jpg

I'm really excited about my putter. I thought for a while I would go with a belly, but I never got the feel for it. Instead, I went for an even shorter putter than I had before and a jumbo grip (Winn JumboLITE, weighs only 59g). The hindsight putter also has a curved face and a "forced" forward press. Then, I took a tip from their forms and installed an ivory steel shaft for an all white look.

putter.jpg

putter face.jpg

I switched out my wedges from CG15s to try to get more spin by switching from a 50-54-58 setup to a 52-56-60 setup. I put on a wrap grip and the same lightweight shaft I have on my irons. Here's the wedge head and one of my irons after a season of use:

iron-wedge.jpg

Here's another look at my driver, 3-wood, and hybrids. I started hitting these fairly decently by the end of last season:

driver head.jpg

3wood-3hybrid.jpg

Lastly, I got new shoes and damn are they comfortable. Love my rangefinder too, by far the best aid you can bring on the course.

shoes.jpg

rangefinder.jpg

Nice set! I'm going to start tinkering with building clubs this year and the Dynacrafts are at the top of my list right now.

Driver: Taylormade R11 9°, Fujikura Blur 60 S-flex

Fairway: Taylormade R11 15.5°, Fujikura Blur 70 S-flex

Fairway: Acer XDS React 18° "Machete", Fujikura Fit-On E-360 R Flex

Irons: Taylormade Burner 2.0, 4-PW, Steel SuperFast 85 R-flex

Wedges: Cleveland CG-14 Black Pearl 52° AW, 56° SW, 60° LW

Putter: Bionik 207 Nano Mallet Belly Putter, 43", Winn 21-inch Red/Black Putter Grip

Putter: Cleveland Classic #2 BRZ, Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Ball: Searching for a Penta TP replacement...

Callaway LR550 Laser Rangefinder

• 7 months later...

wd,

How are you finding the XF woods and hybrids? I have the XF Pro 6-9 irons with FST Pro 155 shafts and love them. I'm looking at pulling the trigger on XF 2-5 hybrids with the same shafts as my irons and the XF driver 12* with an Aldila NVS 65S shaft.

Matt

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

wd,

How are you finding the XF woods and hybrids? I have the XF Pro 6-9 irons with FST Pro 155 shafts and love them. I'm looking at pulling the trigger on XF 2-5 hybrids with the same shafts as my irons and the XF driver 12* with an Aldila NVS 65S shaft.

Matt

I really need to update the pics of my bag at some point. I won a RBZ fairway eariler this year from TMag's text message contest during Doral, so the XF fairway went away. I also bought a R11s for a stupidly low price, so the driver went away. I'm planning on replacing the hybrids with Titleist 910H clubs once they get cheaper (as soon as the 913H comes out). If I can buy the 910H head only I'm going to put Xcaliber hybrid shafts in them.

The XF line is very good, but not great, but my experience may come from using fairly cheap shafts in these clubs. That said, they are easily on par with 90% of other OEM hybrids and better than Nike or Adams from my brief comparisons between the two. I just like the Titleist better since they have Carpenter Steel faces and adjustable lie angles.

I don't have the XF irons, but I do have the Dynacraft Prophet forged irons and they're fantastic. Maybe not as pretty as some other clubs, but very good quality. Same goes for the wedges, I don't think I'd by any other set of irons at this point unless I could get some MP59s for really cheap.

Great lookin bag Dude. I'm happy that you finally posted some pics of your gear instead of mine..lol

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Gotta look at dates man, this was posted last January :).

I do plan to do an update, but only after I decided whether or not I'm going to pull the trigger on KBS Tours, Xcalibers hybrid shafts, Talamonti FW shaft, and/or 910Hs. My PURE grips are still in a box begging to be tried out :).

Thanks for the info. I'm going to pull the trigger on the hybrids...I really like my Bafflers but they will be a PITA to reshaft because of the .355 hosel and I would like my hybrids to have the same shaft as my irons.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 1 month later...

WD, what did you think of the Hindsight putter? I see you're not gaming it anymore. BTW, I'm trying like heck to talk myself out of the Dynacrafts, I think my wife would kill me!

I hated the Hindsight after a while, I just could not get a feel for it.

As for the Dynacrafts, they are great clubs. Anyone who wants a club that feels great should look into them as long as you don't need forgiveness.

Archived