Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Adams and Hireko?

GolfSpy WD

I was looking at the Super XTD fairways/hybrids on Adams website and thought I'd also look at their other clubs.

One thing that struck out at me was the latest Tom Watson wedges:

http://adamsgolf.com/products/shortgame/watson_2012_performance.php

The copper face looks beautiful IMO (it doesn't hurt that Watson is one of my favorite players). But something else I noticed is they come stocked with Apollo Stepped steel shafts, which is a Hireko product.

Hireko recently started selling Adams clubs, so I can't help but wonder if Adams is buddying up with Hireko or has outright plans to buy them. It sort of makes sense, the two companies have similar business models of keeping costs down so they can sell clubs cheaper or make clubs with premium materials.

I would suspect this is happening, Hireko said they had more exciting Adams news in the future, I bet this is just part of it. Wouldn't it be nice if Adams went all component like Hireko is!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I say it would be a dream come true, they could sell their pre-assembled clubs under Adams, and sell the heads through Hireko and it would be the best of both worlds..a great business model!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I would seriously do naked backflips down Main St if this happened.

That I have to see. What they are they waiting for??? Merge now! :lol:

The next thing I want to try from Hireko are the Acer XB wedges. They look sweet. Only downside is they don't offer 58* with low bounce :angry:

Another negative point for me is they charge over $100 just to ship to Germany while others in the US ship for $50 both using Fedex.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I think there is a possible market for all component like on top of the assembled rack models. I was talking about this in a different thread that would be great for people like myself that never fit the mold on what OEMs sell on the rack. Hopefully is Adams goes component based more OEMs would follow, I like Adams drivers, fairways, hybrids good products.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Jeff, please, please try and make it happen. But, as always, your products stand right up there with the Big OEMs and go toe to toe.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Jeff, we all are crying rivers over here, we know you are Superman, make it happen for us!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Archived