The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

3 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Does that ring has any swing magic to it? I can use some, also great view from your seats.

Dunno it might.  Gonna need you to give it back for my mens league tuesday though.  Its supposed to be I think even hotter 😕.   

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

10 hours ago, Byrnzee said:

Good morning spies,

Back to work after a busy weekend. Work should be pretty slow this week, which will be nice. Headed to northern Michigan this upcoming weekend for my second big golf trip of the year. Leaving early Friday morning and playing 4 courses total. Hoping for some nice weather and the next few days to go by quickly! 

I hope everyone dealing with wildfires in the north and earthquakes/hurricanes out west are staying safe. These storms are no joke. 

Have a good week all!

@Byrnzee you will need to provide more details on your trip to northern Michigan. 😎

I have been to numerous courses since Michigan is my home state, and I have relatives that live in both the northern lower peninsula as well as the upper peninsula.

Hope you do get great weather and do enjoy your trip too! 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

11 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

... do you have a "practice putting routine" that you use?

fyi "Make More Putts" by Juan Gutierrez. When I took an AimPoint clinic a few seasons ago the instructor was good friends with the author. 

12 hours ago, Big moose said:

I could have wrote this piece, left shoulder and right hip and the hip woke me up at 3:30. Retirements great but getting old is not. I feel your pain, hope everything goes well for you. 

Funny .. but sad .. coincidence.... Thx and hope all your parts hold together 🤞

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08; Tour Edge 1-Out
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll RR5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

28 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

fyi "Make More Putts" by Juan Gutierrez. When I took an AimPoint clinic a few seasons ago the instructor was good friends with the author. 

Funny .. but sad .. coincidence.... Thx and hope all your parts hold together 🤞

aim point definitely is intriguing, I dont know if I want to go down that rabbit hole quite yet

committed to performance excellence

I began working on aimpoint this past spring and haven’t looked back. It doesn’t take long to get the info you need to get your read. I think some pros on TV over think the process but my ability to make mid range putts has greatly improved. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

40 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

fyi "Make More Putts" by Juan Gutierrez. 

Haven't heard that name in a long time; we exchanged some emails way back in 2008 timeframe and he sent me a word document of the putting drills he did.  

12 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

aim point definitely is intriguing, I dont know if I want to go down that rabbit hole quite yet

It is one of those things that you need to determine how you aim best.  Do you aim at the putts apex, a spot in front of the ball or a spot left or right of the hole?  Or do you visualize the curve the balls rolls on?   If you are picking an aimpoint left or right of the hole then I would jump down the rabbit hole.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Haven't heard that name in a long time; we exchanged some emails way back in 2008 timeframe and he sent me a word document of the putting drills he did.  

It is one of those things that you need to determine how you aim best.  Do you aim at the putts apex, a spot in front of the ball or a spot left or right of the hole?  Or do you visualize the curve the balls rolls on?   If you are picking an aimpoint left or right of the hole then I would jump down the rabbit hole.   

I may be wrong but isn't "aim point" using your feet to determine the "slope of the line" ? I have been working seriously on putting for about 5 years now, as, even in my competitions, whoever putts best that week is usually in the hunt for the win. Currently I am working on "rhythm" in my putts, I see the best putters in the world making rhythmic strokes on TV, and I know al the greens are perfect etc. however it is working well for me at this time, could change again tomorrow but I like the "feel" of it.

committed to performance excellence

11 minutes ago, skraeling said:

It’s just never a good sign when it’s over 80 this early.  League should be… “moist” today.  Projected heat index is ~115*
IMG_6789.jpeg.ec357a7dd6c9a6e31c71c292e1e30777.jpeg

Who doesn’t love a good snarky weather app? 😂

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

1 minute ago, MattWillGolf said:

Who doesn’t love a good snarky weather app? 😂

Its WhatTheForcast.  A classic 

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

9 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

I may be wrong but isn't "aim point" using your feet to determine the "slope of the line" ? I have been working seriously on putting for about 5 years now, as, even in my competitions, whoever putts best that week is usually in the hunt for the win. Currently I am working on "rhythm" in my putts, I see the best putters in the world making rhythmic strokes on TV, and I know al the greens are perfect etc. however it is working well for me at this time, could change again tomorrow but I like the "feel" of it.

The use of your feet is only part of the aimpoint system.    The process of aimpoint express; which is what is taught now and not the full aimpoint system,  is to feel the slope of the green with your feet and identify the percentage of slope.  Let’s say you came up with 2% left to right.  You then use 2 fingers (for 2 percent) to determine the spot you should aim at left of the hole.  Part of the training is learning how to calibrate how far away you hold your fingers to adjust for the green speeds.   You identify green speed prior to your round.   

Aimpoint does not do anything with your stroke so you can still work on “rhythm”.  The greens on TV aren’t perfect which is why all you can do is control line and speed and sometimes putts go in and sometimes they don’t.   Not matter what you still need to practice the various skills of putting:.  Geoff Mangum defines them as Touch, Stroke, Reading, and Aiming.  Rhythm falls under stroke.   Aimpoint falls under reading.   

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Im still at a loss with the aim point and being able to determine a slope of 2%.  I use my eyes.  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

17 minutes ago, Shinnman said:

Im still at a loss with the aim point and being able to determine a slope of 2%.  I use my eyes.  

It comes with practice, just like you “practiced” with your eyes.   Through experience you have taught yourself to determine break based on what you see.   What happens is that architect uses landscape tricks to confuse you about what you see.   I assume there have been instances where you see the break going one way but the ball curves the other, or and uphill putt looks downhill.   This is your eyes lying to you that your feet wouldn’t fail to detect.   Aimpoint teaches you how to use your feet to recognize what the slope is.  Your body naturally reacts to varying slopes by adjusting your body to stay vertical and not fall over; aimpoint teaches you to recognize how much you have shifted.   Then based on mathematical calculations translate that into how far left or right to aim.   The effects of gravity are constant as a ball rolls across a plane so it will always break the same amount given the same green speed and slope.   

I get it, but I also play the same course twice weekly.  Sometimes I check from both sides of hole and even from side.  I do think too many aren’t looking at the green when walking up to it.  Pay attention as you are walking to your ball.  Lots of info staring right at you.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX