Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Happy birthday @GolfSpy_SAM! Oh sorry I didn’t realize we aren’t supposed to tag @GolfSpy_SAM. Sorry @GolfSpy_SAM

All seriousness happy birthday and I hope you’re on the course or with family and friends celebrating this week. 

Strong believer in the thin to win. 

Why is it that the wind blows the hardest on trash pickup day?  We have two large plastic containers that the truck grabs and dumps in the back... the gray one is garbage and the green one is yard waste only.  They aren't picked up at the same time.  Garbage pickup comes early in the morning; I just looked out the window and that container is missing.  Sometimes our neighbor brings our container from the curb to the house and we reciprocate.  However, their container was still on the curb and ours was gone.  Found it down the street.  The other green container is full and still out there, but we leave soon for our tee time.  Wonder where it will be when we get home?  Makes me wonder if I really want to play today; the course is at a higher elevation than our house and does not have much blocking the prevailing SW winds.  😬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Are you talking about the @GolfSpy_SAM that's such a great conversationalist on the community call?

It appears Matt was talking about @GolfSpy_SAM from the tag he posted.  I don't think we are to post tags especially to @GolfSpy_SAM according to @GolfSpy_BOS?  Not sure, maybe you can clarify Sir?

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

8 hours ago, CFreddie said:

Stay warm!!!

Curious for the Northern Spies - what is the absolute coldest you've played in?  As a Southerner, I have respect for those that can brave the elements!

LONG ago- we started a tournament in Western Colorado at 35*ish it dropped to just above 30* and by the back nine it was up to about 40*. We all had punch awls in our bags so we could get the tees in. BUT- we got GREAT rollout, but the greens weren't very receptive🤣

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

I played yesterday at 37 with freezing precip coming down.  Played a couple holes while it was 25 in January to say I played golf in January.

Agreed!  Lost two balls playing in January when, you know the thing I said up there 👆

You got me beat, missed single digits by a few but I think wind chill was close to +10

Gotta walk, it keeps the blood flowing, the muscles working, and cold cramps from sneaking in.  Layers is the key and the new fabrics with moisture wicking are amazing for feeling warmth.

And to not forget tagging @GolfSpy_SAM Happy Birthday to one fabulous Mod!  Happy 18th 😆🤣

Ooops I shouldn't have tagged @GolfSpy_SAM ?

I think quoting @GolfSpy_SAM is easy as being a Chatty Cathy 😃

Happy Birthday Matt!

And oh my word what a lot of reading it was to catch up to the end of this post from 12 hours of MGSpies posting awesome things to read!!!

I appreciate your summary of this busy thread today!  Thanks @EasyPutter (and @GolfSpy_SAM...of course)! 🤣

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

20 hours ago, BKervin said:

Good Tuesday morning all,

Well we are back in NW Pennsylvania after 3 months of playing almost daily in Pawleys Island SC.   Our course is open - NOT playing today though!  It's snowing and 33°.

Best of luck to those who are fortunate enough to play today!

If you were in Pawleys you were about 6 miles south of me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G