The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

I prefer no rain gear; it keeps me from going out in the rain.  🤣   But I also need to get out and play so I can try and stay ahead of you in the VCT.  

I used to have rain gear because I absolutely loved rainy windy days here. No idiots on the course. Would walk and play like a 5 club vintage set. Loved the solitude and the challenge.

Now days I am not able to walk except the little Par3 course. The course I used to be a member at and walked is gone now. My new course is not conducive to walking. Wish I could but the Par3 course is fine with plenty of rest stops

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

I prefer no rain gear; it keeps me from going out in the rain.  🤣   But I also need to get out and play so I can try and stay ahead of you in the VCT.  

Heck you guys are killing me over there

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

11 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Well well well!!

The president’s cup just got very interesting!!

and I see the golf channel split up Brandell and Paul… 

day 3 tomorrow lots of points still left on the board 

Can not stand Paul either. In fact most of the time if he or Brandell is on I either do not watch or mute them

G

Good morning Spies on a cloudy and cool Saturday morning.

Playing this morning, course has a slight delay in opening, had to get people who work there to show up.

Hope all have the best day they possibly can, and that something enjoyable is in your plans. ⛳

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Happy Saturday, Spies! It’s a bit gloomy here with rain in the forecast for the weekend. I hope the sun is shining where you are, giving you the chance to get out for a few rounds. Keep it in the short stuff!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Can not stand Paul either. In fact most of the time if he or Brandell is on I either do not watch or mute them

who do you think would be good to sit across from Brandell? 

committed to performance excellence

Morning all! 

Wife wanted to chat this morning so sheesh yeah gotta be nice to her 😉 before I can say hello to this bunch 😄

Looks like some of that rain is starting to move in here .. we were gonna try to do some golfing but we'll see how heavy, or not, it gets.

On the Vice return front - it's now 12 or 13 days since it was received at the CA facility and no refund yet. An email to Support came back 'in process'. Hmm. 

In yard work news it may be a little late but got the front yard aerated - which counts as a full body workout as I have a manual push tiller-like tool with extra weight on it to push the tines down. 

That's it for now. Peace Out my brothers and sisters of the small dimpled orb!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying their morning coffee!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Good morning all....

A drippy start to the day, the weather pattern hasnt changed much in about a week....cloudy and off / on  drizzly.  The dog is not inspired to do much at the moment ....

IMG_20240928_083705263.jpg.4271f1df457d72f6355adb76561c145e.jpg

I have two projects today keeping busy until mid afternoon.  Then some fun planned with the unboxing of a surprise delivery from yesterday!!  

IMG_20240927_173552319.jpg.c3e936be84a087b44308894a3fa25a05.jpg

Have a great day!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

morning spy's

Up really early this morning (5am pst) to watch the presidents cup.. darn thing is in a fog delay, a little like my brain..

Oh well, it will clear up soon I am sure, I have a "scramble" wind up tournament at 1:30 PM at Victoria Golf Club (Pebble Beach North) and it looks like the weather will be nice, a little breeze but to be expected at Vic. 

It is always a beautiful day on the course at Victoria Golf Club, many holes right on the Pacific Ocean, the last time I played there some Otters were teasing us on the tee box on the Par 3 8th hole.

Have a great day everyone.. go Internationals go...

committed to performance excellence

23 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Used to love that one!! Sad they closed....

Hah good buddy lives there; he grew up in Berserk-ley 😆

The owner of Chobani yogurt recently bought the brewery and its IP. He wants to reopen and start brewing again. He was hoping to have it going by year’s end but not in time for their Christmas beer.

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Top of the pot spies 🕵️‍♂️☕.  Just when we thought summer was done, we have another week of hot weather... 112F today 🫠.

Our courses are getting prepped (as in skinned) for overseed.  After play yesterday, our group discussed the fact that we're all hitting second shots from unfamiliar locations... as in 20+ yards closer.  My drive on Cimmaron #18 rolled over the crest (where it typically stops) and down the hill to the flat area... 249 yards. This simply supports the "raise the mower decks" argument to resolve the tour distance problem and avoid the needless ball rollback churn. Why the simplest and cheapest solution isn't at least tried makes no sense... none.

Anyway, not much on the agenda today aside from taking River for a walk and a workout.  I'll watch some college football and President's Cup... go Team USA! 🇺🇸

Have a great start to your weekend all!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Good morning Spies,

Uppa with a cuppa. The only issues from my vaccinations yesterday are soreness at the injection sites. My wife and I took Cooper to the brewery last night to meet with our neighbors and enjoy some beer and our favorite food truck which offers wood fired pizza. It was a nice evening. Our neighbors shared their adventures to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite. Cooper was very popular with the toddlers in the crowd. Nothing big today other than Saturday chores and a run.

I re-gripped my 3-wood. I like MCC Plus 4 grips. At my driver fitting earlier this year my fitter adjusted my loft setting and the MCC Plus 4 grip was no longer lined up. This did not sit well with my minor OCD. 😜 I also picked up a dozen Bridgestone e12 balls to try. I liked the feel of the e6 ball but they didn’t have any so I went with the e12 balls. They were on sale. I was debating the Maxfli tours but they are now $40. I guess when you start signing pros you need to offset that expense.

Wishing all a wonderful day!

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

A fine good morning to all. Enjoying my espresso, watching the Presidents Cup. We now have a competition, but what a roller coaster event. The US surged to a 5-0 lead on the opening day only for the International’s to come roaring back to tie it at 5-5 yesterday.  With the event in Canada and 3 Canadians on the team, obviously routing for the Internationals even though they are very much the underdogs 

image.jpeg.c4f45ce6f313d4455419e5a5519f8c32.jpeg

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

15 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

The owner of Chobani yogurt recently bought the brewery and its IP. He wants to reopen and start brewing again. He was hoping to have it going by year’s end but not in time for their Christmas beer.

Very cool!! Great news and I hope they re-create the original 🤞

Christmas beer reminds me of a seasonal from Dos Equis called Noche Buena, haven't seen that one in many years...

5 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Cooper was very popular with the toddlers in the crowd. 

That's also great news!! Happy for you and your wife you find such a good boy! And happy for Cooper what a great situation to land in 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Good morning everyone! 

I'm waking up surprisingly late on a weekend morning, I guess the combination of cooler temps and rain lulled me into a deeper slumber. 

It's a dreary and wet day outside and I don't think I'll be doing anything outdoors today unless it involves getting in the car and going somewhere. I have a feeling any golf related activities are off the table. 

I hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!

15 hours ago, chisag said:

... Hard for me to get psyched up over the Presidents Cup when I think every single player lives in North America. I am sure some "competitors" are neighbors and/or belong to the same CC. But there was some good golf today so at least it was entertaining if you enjoy good golf shots. 

Story I read about Tom Kim and Scottie was that they play money matches all the time in Texas. So I think you’re pretty spot on with your assessment. But I will counter that with this year, the presidents cup has really peaked my interest. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

who do you think would be good to sit across from Brandell? 

David Feherty

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

100% agree glad you said it first so people would not think I was looney. I compare it to Professional Wrestling. I guess we can be in the looney house together.

BTW--- I think and have thought it all along that they faked the Moon landings. One of the few things my old man and I agreed on. He said it from day one and went to his grave believing it. 

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I love a good conspiracy theory, but I do believe the moon landings were real.   

I do think part about the presidents cup/professional wrestling and the commentators are the same.  Brandel, Paul, or whomever they put in the chair are there to play a role and take a perspective and generally on the opposite sides so they can discuss.   Those perspectives are there to force the viewers to take a side and position on a topic.   No different than how they edit reality TV shows.   Everyone on TV is cast into a role to provide entertainment to the viewer.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Good morning spies! (Been a while since I said that). Been super busy the past couple of weeks, but all for good reason of course!

Going to a Roger Dunn Mizuno Demo Day today at 12:30. Can't wait to hit the 925s, they could be the big piece my bag is missing.

For now, I'm going to try and get a bit more rest before I really have to get up. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+