What Have You Built Recently?

20 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

though I believe it is cheaper to build your own clubs, I just cant get past the fact of buying a driver head on ebay and not think its fake.

True. But, I do quite a bit of research on sellers before pulling the trigger. If they have a ton of high reviews, US based, also double check photos and ask questions beforehand, you can weed out the "Temu / knock off" sellers pretty easily. 

One guy I found on eBay has a small one man shop in AZ. Also a few USGA pros resell some of the demo heads, guys that won prizes in outings as well. Just need to do some digging before pulling the trigger. 

D-Titleist TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w-Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB-Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons-4-PW Toura Golf JCB Japan Forged CB w/ TrueTemper S100 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Ball - Titleist AVX 

22 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

though I believe it is cheaper to build your own clubs, I just cant get past the fact of buying a driver head on ebay and not think its fake.

Its easy to avoid fakes in you use a  reliable source. Us Golf Trader certifies all their clubs for authenticity. The only place I heard of selling a fake head (they claim was a mistake and refunded) was Mikes Golf Outlet. 

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Exotics C721 16.5* With Tensei Blue 60 stiff

7 Wood: Yamaha RMX VD 21* with Diamana Whiteboard 60 Stiff

Hybrid : Exotics C721 5 Hybrid with KBS Hy 75 stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Srixon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-pw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

50*, 54* Mack Daddy 4 black w Modus 120 stiff

58*  Mack Daddy 3 PM Grind w Modus 120 stiff

Putter: Ben Hogan BHB03 W UST Freq Filtered shaft

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

On 8/18/2024 at 11:44 AM, RaRa Golf said:

I shortened my daughters putter and changed the grip.

She comes golfing with me and my wife sometimes, and will hit drives and putts, but her clubs are still a little too big.

She's 3, and they're meant for like 5-6 years of age.

I tried to save the putter grip, but the moment I put a little pressure with my removal tool, it split the rubber, so I used one of my old midsized grips as a replacement. I have a skinny Odyssey pistol grip, but she wanted this one.

The inner diameter of the grip was way too big, so I had to use masking tape to build up the outer diameter of the shaft to fill the space. 

I also wrapped the shaft with green heat shrink tubing to increase the diameter (also for looks), and added one of my left over aluminum ferrules.

It came out great, and fits her like a glove. It's roughly 21" from the ground when in playing position, and that gives her enough room to choke down on the grip if she wants to. 

image.png.bfa25bc2cacea9f50b037d10c4b3e1f6.png 

image.png.a22d20580361da0639995f8ef2a10ad1.png

image.png.e07ad1cdece229c6485feac4aad692cc.png

Can you link me to the heat shrink you use? The one I tried was flat black and it looked much worse.

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

23 minutes ago, KOG said:

Can you link me to the heat shrink you use? The one I tried was flat black and it looked much worse.

For sure.

It's an Amazon.ca link since I'm in Canada, but it's also pictured below. 

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01BZE04C8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1

image.png.9ea00bc87534d97aaa11415ad447a1d7.png

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

27 minutes ago, KOG said:

Its easy to avoid fakes in you use a  reliable source. Us Golf Trader certifies all their clubs for authenticity. The only place I heard of selling a fake head (they claim was a mistake and refunded) was Mikes Golf Outlet. 

I dont believe it is easy to avoid fakes from second hand sources.  You have made my point,  if i believe that a second hand retailer claims authenticity I can purchase from them but then I still have to prove to them that the item is fake.  I will stick with only authorized OEM retailers.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

1 minute ago, bama no 1 said:

I dont believe it is easy to avoid fakes from second hand sources.  You have made my point,  if i believe that a second hand retailer claims authenticity I can purchase from them but then I still have to prove to them that the item is fake.  I will stick with only authorized OEM retailers.

I have heard of the fake issues cant deny that, but have you experienced anyone getting a fake (not off temu but ebay from a big seller?)

Maybe its more common with just released popular brands but I typically dont buy them. But I agree, if its expensive, go authorized. 

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

1 hour ago, JRDuck40 said:

True. But, I do quite a bit of research on sellers before pulling the trigger. If they have a ton of high reviews, US based, also double check photos and ask questions beforehand, you can weed out the "Temu / knock off" sellers pretty easily. 

One guy I found on eBay has a small one man shop in AZ. Also a few USGA pros resell some of the demo heads, guys that won prizes in outings as well. Just need to do some digging before pulling the trigger. 

Unfortunately, folks have gotten so good at making fakes nowadays it is extremely hard to tell the difference between the real and the fakes.  I also believe that at times the folks that have high reviews can from time to time sell an item that is a fake.

I will just stick with authorized OEM retailers.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

8 minutes ago, KOG said:

I have heard of the fake issues cant deny that, but have you experienced anyone getting a fake (not off temu but ebay from a big seller?)

Maybe its more common with just released popular brands but I typically dont buy them. But I agree, if its expensive, go authorized. 

yes, me.   From a seller that had thousands of sales.  Bought a driver with a certain shaft in it.   when i regripped the club after a couple of months use I found out the shaft was a fake.  I even contacted the shaft manufacturer and he confirmed that it was a fake.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

I shortened my daughter's driver shaft down to 25" for her and wrapped the shaft White. 

image.png.fbb7a95e39f86d93d275ca2f73ba4f3d.png

No pictures right now, but I took off all my grips, cut 1/4" off my shafts to take them from +5/8" to +3/8", added about 2.5 grams of tungsten tape at the top, regripped them, and got the swingweights of my @Toura Golf CB irons down from D7.5 to D9 to an average of D5 to D6.  Almost all of them are dead on D5 right now, though a couple were a little harder to get balanced out.  This matches what I was fitted for at Club Champion a couple of years ago when I had significantly lower swing speeds, so I'm hoping that this helps correct some of the weight-based inconsistency I've been fighting.  It seemed to really help lately when I choked down on the shaft to hit shots, but I wanted to also experiment w/ the lower swingweight that would come with adding a little back weighting.  We'll see how this goes...

Here’s the final build. They turned out great! Can’t wait to see how they perform. 

IMG_5439.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

Edited by JRDuck40
Updated with photos

Ball - Titleist AVX 

5 hours ago, JRDuck40 said:

Here’s the final build. They turned out great! Can’t wait to see how they perform. 

IMG_5439.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

Will youbplay all of them??

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

6 hours ago, JRDuck40 said:

IMG_5439.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

These turned out awesome!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Rob - no. Built these for an upcoming event for my company. Hole / raffle prizes.

TJ - thanks! It was a fun build! The boys also helped and were super interested in the build. Love it! 

Ball - Titleist AVX 

Picked up this Kirk Currie ‘Brazos’ in a lot of 3 putters a few months ago. Finally got around to dialing it in for a gamer audition yesterday.

39A2E5B6-4A9E-4F93-B5D3-42A9C0DB3566.jpeg.d2cc19c2295241b82df7152214a89e90.jpeg

Trimmed to 31”, wrapped the shaft in black heat shrink and air installed a NOS red Pure Big Dog grip. Thought about modding the neck to a short slant but decided to leave it for now. The offset on this double bend is wild - sort of has diet Evnroll ER1 Tour Stroke vibe going on. Love the deep face mill and shape of this little blade. Pleased with the result for an ‘all in’ $35 investment and the first rolls across the living room carpet felt great.

Kirk Currie was an oil patch wildcatter that waded into the custom putter biz for awhile. He had OEM design/license partnerships with Slazenger and Wilson. All the heads that he released in this series were named after Texas rivers. The interchangeable necks were milled out of a malleable (clearly) titanium alloy that could be bent on the spot for custom fittings. The modular sole weight plate options was another custom fitting piece. Cutting edge stuff in the custom putter game when these were originally released.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I wrapped the shaft of my Adams 3w Black and put a ferrule with a White collar. 

It definitely wasn't because I slammed it into the ground after a bunch of terrible shots and cracked the shaft at the ferrule... I'm far too delicate of a flower for that...

I like it way better than the stock Bassara shaft that was half chrome and half Blue, it never appealed to my eye.

image.png.930f3e8e2227c7d94504f1e11d8aa6ab.png

image.png.95ea5f4a7d27178cd7b44ed134204e7a.png