Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Hey All, 

I apologize if I post too much but this one hits a little closer to home. For the longest time, my Driving, and my driving ability have always been the strongest part of my game. I prided myself on the forever hang-time and straight flight that made me such a desired add-in for scramble tourneys. Every time I pulled out my driver I felt like any par 4 was a driver and then a wedge for me. However, this all changed this last week when for some reason I am feeling horribly uncomfortable over the ball with my driver. When I do my practice swing or practice at home the swing feels fine, in fact, it feels great, and yet, as soon as that ball comes into play I can't hit the ball well at all. The worst part is not necessarily the start of the swing, in fact, the worst part is my downswing. I am not sure if it is mental or physical at this point that is causing me so many issues, but once I get to the top of the swing something breaks down and when I swing through the ball it feels horribly awkward. I don't feel this with any other club, just my driver for some reason. So, needless to say, I am desperate and would love some help/practice that any of you have used to aid with this similar issue. Thank you all in advance!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

Something changed in your setup, backswing or transition.  The downswing is dictated by what happens before.  Nothing to go on with "when I swing through the ball it feels horribly awkward".  Anything specific?  You are not alone with this issue; happens to most of us, certainly me.  My rhythm changes day2day and sometimes hole2hole, but that's because my old body doesn't cooperate.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am not totally sure and that is what is the most frustrating thing! The thing I can narrow down the most is I feel like my arms are in the wrong place and my hips might be too slow. When I go up and finish the top swing all feel well, however, when I transition down I feel like my arms are all disjointed and then I feel like I have to throw my hands through the ball and that is why my shots are all over the place both left and right. Not sure if that helps but that is the best way I can describe what is going on.

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

If the first thing that moves is your body, your arms can get stuck behind you.  If you drop your arms down slightly first, then you can rotate as fast as you can, and the arms and club are in a better position.  It’s a matter of sequencing correctly for your swing.  

Caveat:  I’m not an instructor, but I’ve had several. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”