Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I had lost my favorite A club which I always use for my short game (from 80 yd to the green) so now I have my sand wedge. I need all the advice I can get.  Will be playing tomorrow morning, good luck to me

Is there anything else in life than golf

53 minutes ago, Stevebill said:

I had lost my favorite A club which I always use for my short game (from 80 yd to the green) so now I have my sand wedge. I need all the advice I can get.  Will be playing tomorrow morning, good luck to me

Hit partial shots with your pitching wedge and sand wedge.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It’s the same technique with other clubs. Use time on the range before your round to gauge distances with other clubs

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I feel for you!  My 50 degree gap wedge is one of my most trusted clubs within that same 80 yard distance.   

Maybe you should look at this as an opportunity!  Even though my gap wedge is my most used club at that distance, it's not the only one I use for chipping and pitching.  Given the situation, I'll used everything from pitching wedge to lob wedge as I approach the green from that distance.  As recommended before, look at partial shots with the variety of clubs you do have so that when you get a gap wedge back you've expanded your shot repertoire.    

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

• 4 weeks later...

If you dont have a high handicap/forgiving sand wedge, i always have had lick with opening up the face a little bit and turning my front foot back and swing behind the ball trying to almost catch it with the mid to top groves. Very high risk of thinning it though and guaranteed massive divot. And maybe placing a little forward in your stance.

Edited by PrismFlopper

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse.