Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Putter Covers!

RickyFlowers

Hello all!

I feel like this needs to be said and shared. I am a big fan of buying used putters. I get alot of them. Some of the putters I see so beat up makes me wonder how they ever got so bad. So after paying attention to other players at the course I notice alot of people don't use their covers. Then the clubs gets banged around. I think it is so weird as there are so many cool putter covers available to suit taste. The manufacturers offer a good variations and Scotty Cameron in specific there are hundreds of different ones. Then the aftermarket has a ton of options that are funny or cool. Maybe it's just me because I buy used putters and I like all the different covers available.

Titleist TSR2 10 

Ping G410 3 14.5 and 3 hybrid 19

Titleist 718 AP2 4-pw

Mizuno T22 50 D grind and 58 S grind

Taylormade Copper Spider X

18 minutes ago, RickyFlowers said:

Hello all!

I feel like this needs to be said and shared. I am a big fan of buying used putters. I get alot of them. Some of the putters I see so beat up makes me wonder how they ever got so bad. So after paying attention to other players at the course I notice alot of people don't use their covers. Then the clubs gets banged around. I think it is so weird as there are so many cool putter covers available to suit taste. The manufacturers offer a good variations and Scotty Cameron in specific there are hundreds of different ones. Then the aftermarket has a ton of options that are funny or cool. Maybe it's just me because I buy used putters and I like all the different covers available.

I agree, when looking at putters it is amazing how beat up they are.    While there are a lot of covers,  I haven't found one that I really like so I typically just use the OEM cover.   Unfortunately prices on putter covers; like the Cameron covers, are way too expensive since people collect them.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

50 minutes ago, RickyFlowers said:

Hello all!

I’ve noticed that a lot of other players will pull all of their covers off as soon as the bag is strapped to the cart. Then I can hear them banging against each other all the way down the fairway. To each their own really, not my thing.

I’m also a fan of headcovers and have a few for the putters that I currently have.

Cool thread started about headcovers. 

IMG_1908.jpeg.0c6a9042e8a006d9f379c08b64f6464c.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Putters are just a tool. Sure some can be super expensive but they are still just a tool in the bag.

Unless you have a limited edition putter, circle t putter they aren’t holding any value the minute you take the wrapper off.

Look at image of Tiger’s scotty putter. It’s far from pristine.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

56 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Putters are just a tool. Sure some can be super expensive but they are still just a tool in the bag.

Unless you have a limited edition putter, circle t putter they aren’t holding any value the minute you take the wrapper off.

Look at image of Tiger’s scotty putter. It’s far from pristine.

Yes, it is a tool,  but looking at the condition of some used putters,  you would think the people using them thought they were hammers or shovels.   Not being pristine is one thing, but to the point of 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 is mindboggling.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

I’ve noticed that a lot of other players will pull all of their covers off as soon as the bag is strapped to the cart. Then I can hear them banging against each other all the way down the fairway. To each their own really, not my thing.

I’m also a fan of headcovers and have a few for the putters that I currently have.

Cool thread started about headcovers. 

IMG_1908.jpeg.0c6a9042e8a006d9f379c08b64f6464c.jpeg

Guilty of having 1 of those plastic totes for extra headcovers lol. I like easy to get on and off headcovers which eliminates most factory covers unfortunately

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

putter covers is a game in and of itself. I was heavy in it for a few years. I have since sold off everything cool I had and just go pretty simple. I still do aftermarket headcovers as I think they are fun but I dont chase anymore. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 12:39 PM, RickyFlowers said:

Hello all!

I don’t collect putter covers but I do like having something other than the OEM cover.  I currently use the TaylorMade Spider X with the Swag Azelea Pink Concentric Skulls mallet cover.  Prior to that I used a Ryder Cup Team USA Hazeltine (2016) cover on my Scotty GoLo 3.   Just ordered a new putter so I’ll be searching for a new mallet cover in the next few weeks. 

IMG_1533.jpeg

Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 degree, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S

3W: TaylorMade M4 15 Degree, Fujikura Atmos Red FW 6-R

5W: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Fujikura Ventus TR Red FW 6-S

4HY: TaylorMade Stealth 2 (22 deg) Fujikura Speeder NX Red HY 60-S

Irons:  5-6 Titleist 716 AP1 True Temper XP90 (R300), 7-G Titleist 718 AP3 True Temper AMT Black (R300) 

Wedges: Titleist SM9: 54.10 S Grind KBS Tour Lite, 58.10 S Grind KBS Tour Lite

Putter: Odyssey TRI-HOT 5K Seven DB

Ball:  Titleist Pro V1x or Vice Pro Plus

Bag:  Titleist Players 4 Plus StaDry