Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Anyone used the off brand speed trainers?

Looking at getting something for swing speed training and was curious if anyone has used some of the cheaper products on Amazon with success?

The stack is out of my budget but some of the options on Amazon that were less than $100 were peaking my interest. Just don’t want to get something that is crap quality and regret it. Reviews on the following seemed decent but in general I feel like Amazon reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt.

IMG_1462.jpeg.8ba7dcebff428bb9670aba1e0c7ba857.jpeg

The secret sauce is the program, not the hardware.  

Also I 100% recommend getting a swing speed radar.  I won't say it's pointless without it, but if you don't have the ability to see and track the one single metric you are trying to improve it's kind of like playing golf at night.  Feels good to swing but you have no idea if it was good or not and can't keep score.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

4 hours ago, BCases said:

Yes , they will all improve your speed. I have used The Stack, Super Speed and some knock offs. They all work if you use them consistently and put in the effort.

My concern is the knock offs being cheap and breaking on me

51 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Also I 100% recommend getting a swing speed radar.  I won't say it's pointless without it, but if you don't have the ability to see and track the one single metric you are trying to improve it's kind of like playing golf at night.  Feels good to swing but you have no idea if it was good or not and can't keep score.

Yea I got the blast motion system and ended up finding used super speed sticks from 2nd swing for $90 so went that route.

if you want a cheap solution,  took and old hybrid and wrapped a fishing weight that brought the club weight to slightly less than the highest weight.  Followed the recommended training from Stack system without the software.   Also have Garmin R10 so can see progress on swing speed. It is about 4-6 weeks before you see any real improvement, but any in house swinging during the Winter is a positive.           

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

I bought something off of Amazon called theGolf Swing Speed Trainer which attaches to an old shaft, if you have one. Since I had an old shaft for my ping driver, I just swapped adapters which this trainer calls for, and attached it. It is actually called the Big Crazy Golf Swing Trainer which has adjustable heads on it. Just make sure if you order one you match the shaft adapter.

Amazon.com : Big Crazy Golf Swing Speed Trainer Adjustable, Golf Training Equipment Three Weight Configuration Options, Golf Tempo Training Aids Connect Your Golf Clubs for Callaway : Sports & Outdoors

Edited by jolter1

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

On 11/15/2023 at 3:39 AM, hckymeyer said:

Agree with @hckymeyer - it's the software that makes or breaks speed training.

I bought the same Big Crazy head that @jolter1 bought and tried to follow the Superspeed training protocol. I got a bit stronger, but the lack of the UX to push different training programmes to me, and  the data UI that shows my progress, resulted in me just being less motivated to train.

I randomly bought the Stack System for my brother's birthday, and after trying it for a week, and loving the interface, I ended up buying one for myself.

I'm particularly interested in how the programmes are tweaked based on how other users are performing and what seems to be effective. It's kinda like being in a massive group experiment where we help test different training approaches to help everyone else find the most efficient approach. So while my brother and I are on the same Neural training programme, our actually sets and weights are not the same. 

"Just hit it down the middle. It's wide open there." - Coach Haberli // A Grind BX-D 9.5° | A Grind FW DST 14° | A Grind BX-H 2H (17°) | A Grind Utility Proto 3H (19.5°) | A Grind+ Utility 4H (23°) | :KZG: Tri-Tour Forged Irons 6-9 | :vokey-small: 46°, 50°, 55°, 60° | :cameron-small: Studio Design 1 | :srixon-small: XV-Star🔹 | :wilson-small: Triad | Garmin CT10 | Garmin Approach S70 | Eenour U1000 Pro rangefinder

1 hour ago, jolter1 said:

I bought something off of Amazon called theGolf Swing Speed Trainer which attaches to an old shaft, if you have one. Since I had an old shaft for my ping driver, I just swapped adapters which this trainer calls for, and attached it. It is actually called the Big Crazy Golf Swing Trainer which has adjustable heads on it. Just make sure if you order one you match the shaft adapter.

Amazon.com : Big Crazy Golf Swing Speed Trainer Adjustable, Golf Training Equipment Three Weight Configuration Options, Golf Tempo Training Aids Connect Your Golf Clubs for Callaway : Sports & Outdoors

I bought the same item. I am planning on using it through the winter.  At one time I had Super Speed sticks and have noticed that the heaviest set up on the Big Crazy causes a lot of shaft deflection with my regular flex shaft. That wasn’t an issue with the Super Speed sticks. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS