K Sig Driver $199

FightingScot82

1 hour ago, BigBoiGolf said:

This is never going to happen, because it already exists. GolfWorks and other companies already put out equipment gear that rivals big name companies, and people aren't tripping over themselves to go out and buy them.

MyGolfSpy has NEVER put any Maltby golf club through Most Wanted Testing, and the only time you hear about Maltby/GolfWorks is by members or places like WRX or Reddit. GolfWorks simply doesn't advertise their clubs like other DTC companies like Sub70, New Level, Haywood, Takomo, etc.

$90 with a TT Elevate MPH 95 and Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip and customization and they usually ship in less than a week should be winning Most Wanted easily. The MPF designs by Britt Lindsey and Ralph Maltby are excellently engineered pieces, and I myself have carded several sub 70 rounds with them this season.

Plus their KE4 drivers are original CAD designs with 4700 g-cm^2 MOI and $130.

While I do appreciate the diamond in the rough that Costco is bringing to the general golfing public, we should be realistic about the reality that there's already better clubs that are original CAD designs that are doing nothing to push big name OEMs to scramble.

gw.PNG

Interesting points.  I guess what I was trying to say is that competition is usually good for we consumers. Certainly the BIG's have their allegent followers but as prices continue to climb, might start considering lower cost options... particularly if tests are showing equal or better performance. I've heard nothing but good things about Maltby and Sub70.  I still may try and build a set of irons at some point and both of those are on the short list.

One thing I don't like is stolen IP (and I am in no way suggesting either of the aforementioned have done so).  But it's happening in virtually all market segments.  The ability and relative ease to reverse engineer so many things is partly why we are seeing this explosion of new product names and low prices.  If patents have expired, fair game, have at it... but if it's being stolen, no bueno.

Still hoping we see the new Kirkland driver and/or irons in upcoming "Most Wanted" tests 🤞.  My other vice is fly fishing.  Yellowstone Angler used to do an annual "5 weight shootout" comparing rods (much like the MGS Most Wanted).  It was always fun seeing some of the lesser known, lower price products outcompete the R.L. Winstons, Sage, Scott, etc.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

May need to start a petition! 

Good luck! I've asked Costco to bring back chocolate ice cream and it hasn't happened yet! lol

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Interesting points.  I guess what I was trying to say is that competition is usually good for we consumers. Certainly the BIG's have their allegent followers but as prices continue to climb, might start considering lower cost options... particularly if tests are showing equal or better performance. I've heard nothing but good things about Maltby and Sub70.  I still may try and build a set of irons at some point and both of those are on the short list.

One thing I don't like is stolen IP (and I am in no way suggesting either of the aforementioned have done so).  But it's happening in virtually all market segments.  The ability and relative ease to reverse engineer so many things is partly why we are seeing this explosion of new product names and low prices.  If patents have expired, fair game, have at it... but if it's being stolen, no bueno.

Still hoping we see the new Kirkland driver and/or irons in upcoming "Most Wanted" tests 🤞.  My other vice is fly fishing.  Yellowstone Angler used to do an annual "5 weight shootout" comparing rods (much like the MGS Most Wanted).  It was always fun seeing some of the lesser known, lower price products outcompete the R.L. Winstons, Sage, Scott, etc.

I love this point of view! Maltby is INCREDIBLE value and their clubs are insanely good - I have the TS3 in 6 and 9 irons and they're as good or better than anything I've ever tested. 

That being said: Costco reaches an entirely different audience - by design. They're not targeting the golfer savvy enough to shop at (or even heard of) GolfWorks. 

And there's room for both. Maltby should 100%, ABSOLUTELY be included in the Most Wanted testing; the only reason they're not is because they don't want to be. 

For the average golfer, especially those with a Costco membership, this set/driver xxxis a god-send. It'll make Most Wanted, because it's worth it to Costco to submit them. 

Let's hope Maltby changes their mind and gets the lineup in for testing - I would be so, SO curious for people to test the TS4/3 against everything else!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

15 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I love this point of view! Maltby is INCREDIBLE value and their clubs are insanely good - I have the TS3 in 6 and 9 irons and they're as good or better than anything I've ever tested. 

That being said: Costco reaches an entirely different audience - by design. They're not targeting the golfer savvy enough to shop at (or even heard of) GolfWorks. 

And there's room for both. Maltby should 100%, ABSOLUTELY be included in the Most Wanted testing; the only reason they're not is because they don't want to be. 

For the average golfer, especially those with a Costco membership, this set/driver xxxis a god-send. It'll make Most Wanted, because it's worth it to Costco to submit them. 

Let's hope Maltby changes their mind and gets the lineup in for testing - I would be so, SO curious for people to test the TS4/3 against everything else!

Do they have to submit their own equipment for MWT or can the members submit a known-spec on their behalf? I have 0 problem doing Member Testing on them and doing a deep dive.

• DRIVER: Maltby KE4 TC, Aldila Tour Green 75X, Tipped 1.5", 44.75"
  • 3W: Ping G425 LST, Aldila Tour Green 85X, Tipped 2", 43"
  • 3H: Ping G425, Aldila NV 2KXV Green 85X, Tipped 0.5", 42"
  • 4 - 7: Maltby TE+ Forged, Project X LZ 6.5
  • 8 - G: Maltby TS4 Forged, Project X LZ 6.5
  • SW, LW: Maltby TSW, Nippon Modus 120X, +0.5", 2* Flat
  • Putter: OpenSourceGolf Proto NP2 1/1, 347g, 35.5", Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star
  • Grips: Lamkin UTX Cord Blue
  • Balls: Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

1 minute ago, BigBoiGolf said:

Do they have to submit their own equipment for MWT or can the members submit a known-spec on their behalf? I have 0 problem doing Member Testing on them and doing a deep dive.

Companies provide OTR models for Most Wanted Testing. Depending on the product several stock option shafts will be provided with different variations for "fitting" purposes.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Companies provide OTR models for Most Wanted Testing. Depending on the product several stock option shafts will be provided with different variations for "fitting" purposes.

Thanks. For the fitting process, I requested someone on Reddit to take a bore pic, the bore may be compatible with the Maltby KE4 adaptor or Mizuno Adaptor. You may find this useful when you test this. May need an M5x0.8 screw

bb9072__79233.jpg

bore.png

ma0343a__37667.jpg

• Putter: OpenSourceGolf Proto NP2 1/1, 347g, 35.5", Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star

1 hour ago, BigBoiGolf said:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are multiple ways for a company to be part of most wanted testing.  From my discussions with the HQ staff: 

1.  Companies can contact MGS and ask to submit their equipment. 

2.  MGS reaches out to companies and asks the OEM to submit equipment for testing.   The clubs must be stock offerings (no upcharge) or configuration not available at retail.  For companies that are highly fitting specific like LAB, they can provide multiple lies angles .   Not all companies agree to send equipment and refuse to be part of the testing.

3.  MGS will purchase items at retail if it is considered a significant player in the industry or there is a large consumer interest like the Kirkland clubs (MGS purchased these).

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 hours ago, BigBoiGolf said:

This is never going to happen, because it already exists. GolfWorks and other companies already put out equipment gear that rivals big name companies, and people aren't tripping over themselves to go out and buy them.

MyGolfSpy has NEVER put any Maltby golf club through Most Wanted Testing, and the only time you hear about Maltby/GolfWorks is by members or places like WRX or Reddit. GolfWorks simply doesn't advertise their clubs like other DTC companies like Sub70, New Level, Haywood, Takomo, etc.

$90 with a TT Elevate MPH 95 and Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip and customization and they usually ship in less than a week should be winning Most Wanted easily. The MPF designs by Britt Lindsey and Ralph Maltby are excellently engineered pieces, and I myself have carded several sub 70 rounds with them this season.

Plus their KE4 drivers are original CAD designs with 4700 g-cm^2 MOI and $130.

While I do appreciate the diamond in the rough that Costco is bringing to the general golfing public, we should be realistic about the reality that there's already better clubs that are original CAD designs that are doing nothing to push big name OEMs to scramble.

gw.PNG

14 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

This has been the ongoing conundrum with Golfworks/Maltby. During a time when the DTC environment is as strong as it's EVER been, the DTC king (Maltby) is continuing to play the slow, silent, and steady card rather than come out guns ablaze. Why? I dunno.. 🤔

I've had chats with Britt and it's just not a game that they want to play. While I can understand on one hand that loyalty = longevity, I can't help but feel like Maltby is actually getting overshadowed by the likes of Takomo, Sub70, Calley, etc, with the help of YouTube and golf forums alike. The're probably actually losing business in an environment where they should be destroying. 

On a more positive note though for Maltby, I just happen to know that a certain fairly well-known YouTube golf personality will be releasing a full review of the KE4 MAX irons very soon. I'm really hoping that he continues a series and does the rest of the lineup.. or at least some of the higher-end forged models. I'm also hoping that this becomes somewhat of a catalyst for maybe a few other guys out there to follow suit.. and Maybe for Maltby to change their tune a little. 

Don't ask me how I know.. I just do 😉

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

34 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

This has been the ongoing conundrum with Golfworks/Maltby. During a time when the DTC environment is as strong as it's EVER been, the DTC king (Maltby) is continuing to play the slow, silent, and steady card rather than come out guns ablaze. Why? I dunno.. 🤔

I've had chats with Britt and it's just not a game that they want to play. While I can understand on one hand that loyalty = longevity, I can't help but feel like Maltby is actually getting overshadowed by the likes of Takomo, Sub70, Calley, etc, with the help of YouTube and golf forums alike. The're probably actually losing business in an environment where they should be destroying. 

On a more positive note though for Maltby, I just happen to know that a certain fairly well-known YouTube golf personality will be releasing a full review of the KE4 MAX irons very soon. I'm really hoping that he continues a series and does the rest of the lineup.. or at least some of the higher-end forged models. I'm also hoping that this becomes somewhat of a catalyst for maybe a few other guys out there to follow suit.. and Maybe for Maltby to change their tune a little. 

Don't ask me how I know.. I just do 😉

I do cover Maltby on my other socials, and will be including them in my robotic testing when I finish setting that up around next year. I also will be testing other companies like SMT, DiamondTour, etc, because I think the general public would be ecstatic to know about other brands in this space. Kind of like Project Farm but golf 😉

I do like coming back here and helping with golf engineering, and if any MGS guys would like me to test stuff they're always welcome to reach out and request it for free and I'll see what I can do.

Best part? You guys would get all of the chart and datasets, so that way you can focus on the testing from the player themselves.

Has anyone's order been shipped or received yet?

Still waiting for mine to ship !

Driver:   :callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55 Graphite
3h:   :callaway-small:  Rouge X  Aldila Synergy 60 HYB X Graphite  
Irons 5-PW:   :callaway-small: Rouge X  Aldila Synergy 60IR Graphite
Wedges:   :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4 60* Fujikara 95 Graphite
Putter:    :odyssey-small:  O-WORKS BLACB #1 WIDE

Hey all! 

MGS is looking for feedback on the Kirkland golf clubs. We would love to hear what you think! Just fill out this form and you have a chance to be quoted in a future MGS HQ article!

https://forms.gle/GBzCwNhXQNchM47f7

Thanks!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 12/18/2023 at 6:17 AM, dobrycki said:

Has anyone's order been shipped or received yet?

Still waiting for mine to ship !

I got mine on saturday actually. pretty fast!

On 12/16/2023 at 11:56 AM, BigBoiGolf said:

Thanks. For the fitting process, I requested someone on Reddit to take a bore pic, the bore may be compatible with the Maltby KE4 adaptor or Mizuno Adaptor. You may find this useful when you test this. May need an M5x0.8 screw

bb9072__79233.jpg

bore.png

ma0343a__37667.jpg

Let us know how that goes. My adapter does not fit well in mine. Its very tight in there where I had to almost ptry it out leaving a wear mark on the adapter. I dremel some of the edges to make it better but its still a tight fit

Driver: default_callaway-small.jpg Ai Smoke 💠💠💠 9* :accra: TZ6 65 M5 45.75”

FW:  default_taylormade-small.jpg BRNR mini Driver 13.5* :projectx: Hzrdus Blue 70g 6.5 tipped 1"

Utility:  default_callaway-small.jpg UW 21* :projectx: Hzrdus black 80g 6.5

Irons : default_srixon-small.jpg ZX Utility 4 23* MCA Diamana Thump 100x

default_srixon-small.jpgZ785 5-PW Nippon Modus 120x💠

Wedges: default_callaway-small.jpg TCB AW 50* Nippon Modus 120x

:cleveland-small: zipcore 55* DG Wedge Spinner

default_vokey-small.gif Vokey Wedgeworks T grind 60* :kbs: REV 2.0

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa 3T :garsen:

:bettinardi-1: BB8W MCA MMT Putter shaft

Don't ask me how I know.. I just do

Come on Gabe let's go!!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, scheitma said:

Come on Gabe let's go!!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

😜.. 🤫.. 😁

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I'm going to get one and put an Auto Flex shaft in it.  What better combination than a $199 driver with an $800 shaft!

On a serious note, kudos to Costco for bringing quality affordable golf equipment to the masses.

image.png.3b883ddb02eed4871ea9eb0079d51e22.png Aerojet LS driver

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

Costco in Canada selling the Honma FD6 Flex S Driver- Right Hand 9.5 deg

https://www.costco.ca/honma-fd6-flex-s-driver--right-hand.product.4000235788.html

US$190 plus tax.  Pretty sweet deal.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User