TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

21 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there following this test!

I was excited to get on the range today and hit some balls with my middle child.  We ended up having a putting competition on the practice green after and had a nice time together.

IMG_0731.jpeg

But, that's not why you're reading... you came here for this:

IMG_0729.jpeg

So how'd it go?  In a way, @chisag was right... this is a whollllle lot of driver. 😉 If I were to sum it up in a meme...

image.png

First we have the incumbent's numbers.  My epic Max LS,  most shots with the Terra Forza White.IMG_0018.jpeg

Very representative numbers for me.  This was after warming up (and my iPad apparently warmed up too much too and shut down in the sunlight.  Thankfully I was able to switch to my phone to run the Rapsodo MLM2PRO and left my phone in the shade.

263 Carry and 105.6 swing speed is awesome for me.  Just a range session before I hit high marks of 106.2 and 158.8MPH ball speed, both the highest I recall seeing on Rapsodo before, so the Qi10 has work to do.

IMG_0017.png

And the Qi10... Very impressive numbers.  This was also with a Terra Forza White shaft, and it felt right at home.  The Qi10 is a 9* head and I actually had to loft it down .75* and use the upright setting.  I'm really liking the shape (it reminds me of the M5 that I loved) and the feel is great too.  But WOW, I've never hit 110mph on Rapsodo before and while not in this data set, I did hit 159.9MPH ball speed before the iPad overheated! I even switched back between the Callaway and Taylormade and I seemed to be getting a few MPH more out of the Qi10, which I was not expecting at all.  

I'm really excited to get this on the course and see if some of the results carry over as deep as some of my balls on the range today!

I didn't think I would be saying this so soon, but it's already the Qi10's spot to lose in the bag... the bomb-pop head cover is going on and this Qi10 driver is going right in the bag baby!

IMG_0734.jpeg

The Qi earned a spot quickly…wow!  Some nice numbers there!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Not a great day for the Max today out on the course. 5/14 fairways, all very much so right. Not sure what it was today but I just didn't have it. Felt like my brain was prioritizing other aspects of my game so the driver was sacrificed. Distance was good, just very right. Good news is, I don't expect to go through these woes for too long and will be back on track soon enough.

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
So*

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

On 6/21/2024 at 12:42 AM, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Not a great day for the Max today out on the course. 5/14 fairways, all very much so right. Not sure what it was today but I just didn't have it. Felt like my brain was prioritizing other aspects of my game so the driver was sacrificed. Distance was good, just very right. Good news is, I don't expect to go through these woes for too long and will be back on track soon enough.

We all have those days, as we know golf is a mental sport. When I have a bad driving day the next day, I will keep it in the bag and work my long irons and just play smart golf. Then I hit the range and work out the kinks with the driver. Typically, I only use my driver 7/18 holes at my home course as placement is key, so my three wood sees a lot of action. 

6 Handicap, 100+ rounds a year!

WITB - QI10 LS DRIVER 8 Degree - Ventus Black w/ Velocore 7, QI10 3 Wood - Evenflow Riptide 70, Taylormade Stealth Bomber 17°, Taylormade P7MB-23 Irons 4-PW, Vokey Wedges, Scotty Cameron Square Back

BIt of an equipment change on my end with the Qi10 Max and Qi10 LS heads.  I’ve been given Hzrdus  iM10 Smoke Green 5.5 R 60g and a Hzrdus Red RDX 5.5 60g driver shafts which I setup Wednesday evening.  The iM10 is the same shaft as my Cobra LTDx 3 & 5 FW’s and is a very nice mid-launch/mid-spin shaft.  I’m not 100% comfortable with it yet or hitting it a full power,  but was hitting 230yds on the Qi10 Max head today during my round with a nice draw and hitting fairways 8 of my 12 drives.  The RDX is a high launch, mid-spin option and I will be pairing that up with the Qi10LS head on the sim and range this weekend, and will be playing it on my round on Monday for Canada Day. Details to follow.

Still trying to find a reasonably-price Qi10 Standard head to round out my Qi10 series, but they are not easy to find 😞

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

13 minutes ago, Jean D said:

Still trying to find a reasonably-price Qi10 Standard head to round out my Qi10 series, but they are not easy to find 😞

... I think the Qi10 is such a killer lineup. I don't find them crossing over much like previous generations or some other OEM driver series. As most know I didn't get along with the Qi10 Max at all and for my swing it was one of the worst performing drivers I have ever played. But the std Qi10 was night and day different and might be the best driver I have ever played. That's quite a dichotomy. I hope you find a std Qi10 head at a decent price and will be interested in how it compares to your Max and LS heads.   

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

I had my Stealth2plus blow up and TM warrantied it with a brand new Qi10 LS.  WOW!  The difference is astounding.  The ball just rockets off the tee.  20+ yards added carry, high toe mishits create a high draw back into play, losing maybe 3 or 4 yards, heel mishits curving back into play, and the feel off the face is soft and powerful.  The Stealth always felt like I was hitting a rock regardless of the type of ball used or how centered the hit was.  This is the best driver I've ever hit...and that's 50 plus years of golf and probably 10 drivers from various brands.  In fact, I still have my Titleist TSR 2 in the garage [in case I have another blow up] and the Qi10 LS says "pound sand" to that driver with every swing.  Probably the biggest difference is that my low left hook miss is a thing of the past, although that may be because of the new shaft [Ventus Blue TR 6x] and swing improvements as much or more than the head, but still.   Love this club!  The one negative is my spin rate may be a bit too low on some shots, dipping into sub-2000 range on occasion.  However, I'm usually hanging in the low- 2k's.  

I'm now an official TM fan again.

-XY

:redrooster: Sussex and Rain Rooster
:titleist-small: ProV1X
:taylormade-small: QI10 LS
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3-wood
:taylormade-small: 4H Stealth 2, stiff
:ping-small: i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
:vokey-small: SM10 52, 56, 60
:L.A.B.: DF3 Broomstick
:ping-small: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
MGI electric cart

10 minutes ago, GolferXY said:

had my Stealth2plus blow up and TM warrantied it with a brand new Qi10 LS.  WOW!  The difference is astounding.  The ball just rockets off the tee.  20+ yards added carry, high toe mishits create a high draw back into play, losing maybe 3 or 4 yards, heel mishits curving back into play, and the feel off the face is soft and powerful. This is the best driver I've ever hit...and that's 50 plus years of golf and probably 10 drivers from various brands.

c6f1d305-19f7-4e94-8e67-2fe4bf2c6182_text.gif.d568c4e42684f494aeaec3f5a527260c.gif

Took the Qi10 Max out today to the small par 30 I used to play a lot.

Was only able to use it on the 4th hole - 280 yards, that has bunkers running down the left side of the fairway. Struck the driver clean and left short about 40 yards from the pin. Was hoping to maybe drive the green, but the distance isn't there for me yet. Still, a great drive that set me up for a birdie chance that I fumbled. 

Still loving the driver, can't wait to continue the success that I have had. 

WITB

A little update for the Qi10 | Terra Forza White Combo over on that testing thread.

You should click over and check out that test, but incase you don't have time right now...

The Qi10 continues to impress with the Terra Forza White.

Once again, I saw numbers that my Callaway Epic Max LS just could not touch.  There is something in the design that is getting me some more speed, and because of that, great ball speed and carry distance.

On the ball speed front, for the first time ever I saw 160+ MPH of ball speed, which has been a goal of mine!  I hit 4 range balls over 160MPH including a peak of 161.4.

Time for a new speed goal!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

A little update for the Qi10 | Terra Forza White Combo over on that testing thread.

You should click over and check out that test, but incase you don't have time right now...

Once again, I saw numbers that my Callaway Epic Max LS just could not touch.  There is something in the design that is getting me some more speed, and because of that, great ball speed and carry distance.

On the ball speed front, for the first time ever I saw 160+ MPH of ball speed, which has been a goal of mine!  I hit 4 range balls over 160MPH including a peak of 161.4.

Nice numbers!

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Awesome numbers…seems to be working well so far!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Posted (edited)

I'm glad this thread is still.going strong.   Gc just replaced all the Stealth rentals with Qi10 clubs. Going to try the driver out next week. They have 2 of each head. Unsure about the shafts.

So I normally get 220-235 from my drives. Sub 90 swing speed. Which head should I be looking to tryout?

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

13 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I'm glad this thread is still.going strong.   Gc just replaced all the Stealth rentals with Qi10 clubs. Going to try the driver out next week. They have 2 of each head. Unsure about the shafts.

So I normally get 220-235 from my drives. Sub 90 swing speed. Which head should I be looking to tryout?

I’d be keen to try the max first, the standard, and then the LS last.  Mainly because I’d be curious to see what the 10k moi can do for me versus the standard model. I rarely fit into a true low-spin model, so that would be last. 

what are you gaming now? 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

26 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

... I'll 2nd @GolfSpy BOS and suggest starting with the Max, then go to the std head. Unless you have a very aggressive transition I can't see the LS working for you because at a sub 90 mph you probably need more spin to keep the ball in the air longer for maximum carry. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Probably depends on your swing characteristics and your usual shot shape/ accuracy. Are you able to test them with a launch monitor?

You'd really need that info as part of a test. But without that, flight of the ball, height, shot shape and distance will give you an idea of swing numbers. If it's spinning too much, moving from regular to stiff shaft may help. But it really depends on what shafts are available to test out and what their individual characteristics are.

As said by @GolfSpy BOS, I'd maybe default to the max or standard heads and avoid the LS if you need help with accuracy/ forgiveness. If you can get launch numbers right with the Max, it should be best for any off-center strikes.

Big box store fitters default to putting me in LS heads (CHS around 110-112 max effort and mostly v spinny), whereas my on-course performance and launch monitor data suggest I need a forgiving head and to get the spin down by using the right shaft and having the head on a low loft setting. lol

A good recommendation would be to get a proper fitting before opening your wallet, but I'm sure you already know that! If it's trying out just for fun and curiosity, great.

Have fun and good luck!

Edited by Indy_Oz

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9* (@8*) w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Currently Testing: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

20 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Probably depends on your swing characteristics and your usual shot shape/ accuracy. Are you able to test them with a launch monitor?

You'd really need that info as part of a test. But without that, flight of the ball, height, shot shape and distance will give you an idea of swing numbers. If it's spinning too much, moving from regular to stiff shaft may help. But it really depends on what shafts are available to test out and what their individual characteristics are.

As said by @GolfSpy BOS, I'd maybe default to the max or standard heads and avoid the LS if you need help with accuracy/ forgiveness. If you can get launch numbers right with the Max, it should be best for any off-center strikes.

Big box store fitters default to putting me in LS heads (CHS around 110-112 max effort and mostly v spinny), whereas my on-course performance and launch monitor data suggest I need a forgiving head and to get the spin down by using the right shaft and having the head on a low loft setting. lol

A good recommendation would be to get a proper fitting before opening your wallet, but I'm sure you already know that! If it's trying out just for fun and curiosity, great.

Have fun and good luck!

I'm definitely not in a position to buy. However one of the perks of working at the GC is that I have access to some new equipment to play with. More than anything it's curiosity. There is no access to any sim/launch monitor.

Currently I am playing a Titleist 910D. It is both new to me AND my first adjustable driver too.I don't have a particular shot shape other than I began developing a draw where I have never had one before I got this driver.  Changing my swing and grip though probably had a big part to play in that as well.

As these are demo/rental sets, shaft swaps is not an option. They probably have a standard regular flex though. 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

12 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Is there still and issue with Q10 breaking?

Not all of us have the magic touch like @GolfSpy_BEN had with the Qi10 🕵🏽‍♂️

WITB

2 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I think it happens to All the big hitters like @GolfSpy_BEN lol.. I remember those days!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

42 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

38 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I think it happens to All the big hitters like @GolfSpy_BEN lol.. I remember those days!

In fairness, in the previous 30 years playing this game I have never had a head crack. Nor have I had one crack since. Just pure dumb, bad luck twice.  I guess 😂

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

6i-PW:  :mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Recoil 110 f4

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

In fairness, in the previous 30 years playing this game I have never had a head crack. Nor have I had one crack since. Just pure dumb, bad luck twice.  I guess 😂

... Just the same, if I post a picture of mine PLEASE avert your eyes. I just don't wanna take any chances. 

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

You’ve got 170 in the bag, no problem 💪

That this head is obviously working for you fills me with joy and only confirms that sending the head on to someone else was absolutely the right move. 

I’ll set the next goal at 165… 170 would be quite nice though! 🤣

The Qi10 is showing me why it’s still important to either go get fit or go demo a club before purchase. I’ve never been fit into a 9* head, and the fact that I’ve even lofted this one down is surprising to me. 

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

What’s the saying…fool me once? 😂

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I’ll set the next goal at 165… 170 would be quite nice though! 🤣

The Qi10 is showing me why it’s still important to either go get fit or go demo a club before purchase. I’ve never been fit into a 9* head, and the fact that I’ve even lofted this one down is surprising to me. 

I’ve mostly been fit into 10.5 heads, so that I got my best results at 8.25 is a bit of a head scratcher. But then again, the 10.5 I’m currently using seems best at the 9.5 flat setting, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

Just now, CFreddie said:

What’s the saying…fool me once? 😂

image.gif

WITB:

I have noticed some chipping at the bottom of the face on my QI10 Max, has anybody else seen this? It doesn't seem to affect performance, I just hope it doesn't get worse.

20240708_160809.jpg.49b7775def0b782a3656573e2f0a0a06.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cleveland-small: Zipcore XL 6-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

2 hours ago, Parshooter36 said:

I have noticed some chipping at the bottom of the face on my QI10 Max, has anybody else seen this? It doesn't seem to affect performance, I just hope it doesn't get worse.

I've hit over 1400 drives with my Qi10Max  (both for the autoFlex test and for actual rounds of golf.)  No issues yet.  But keeping a close eye on the Max and LS heads following your post.

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Posted (edited)

The red mark at top left of the Qi10 Max is me being stupid...and hitting a freshly marked ball off the tee...Qi10 Max (left or top if you are on a mobile device) and Qi10 LS (right/bottom) heads, still holding up well after those 1400+ drives20240709_155226.jpg.6c5d466bbb03dd157114614fcc9a107c.jpg20240709_155522.jpg.ca191afe729b1d954faf146ba52d3af3.jpg

Edited by Jean D

8 hours ago, Parshooter36 said:

I will inspect mine when I get home, I don't believe I have any chipping but it's great that you brought it up. Hope it doesn't get any worse and the driver continues to treat you well.

WITB