Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Is this the end for my dented driver?

Hey Peeps,

I was playing a round with a friend yesterday afternoon that started with a warm-up at the range. I remember hitting a ball off the toe of my driver as we were warming up but didn't think too much of it. As my buddy was setting up to hit his drive at the first tee, I pulled my M3 out of my bag and upon closer inspection I noticed a dent in the toe. The thing of it is, it follows the lines of the design so well that it almost looks like it's supposed to be there... clearly it's not! 

Just wanted to know if anybody here has experienced something similar and is it possible to get it repaired?
My gut tells me that as the integrity of the structure has been compromised, fixing it may well have it looking the part but it will be prone to failure at some stage in the future. 

Any feedback, guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

TIA 😉

IMG_1880.JPG

WIMB...

Driver - TaylorMade M3 440
3W - TaylorMade M3
56º - TaylorMade RAC 12 Bounce
52º - TaylorMade RAC Satin
Irons (3-PW) - Callaway Big Bertha
Putter - TaylorMade TP Collection Del Monte 1
Balls - Titleist: Pro V1X, TruFeel, DT Solo 
Glove - Nike Tech Extreme

🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♂️

I think that's just Twitch Face technology kicking in 😉

If it were me, I would just shoot Taylormade a message and see what they can do. From all of the stories I've heard of their customer service, it seems to be pretty good. You could try your luck at pulling it out, but like you said, it would probably be prone to failure. I wouldn't try that until after I've contacted TM.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Haha, very good! 

Not sure I want to mess with it to be honest but I'll definitely reach out to TM and see what they recommend. Thanks for the suggestion 😉

WIMB...

Driver - TaylorMade M3 440
3W - TaylorMade M3
56º - TaylorMade RAC 12 Bounce
52º - TaylorMade RAC Satin
Irons (3-PW) - Callaway Big Bertha
Putter - TaylorMade TP Collection Del Monte 1
Balls - Titleist: Pro V1X, TruFeel, DT Solo 
Glove - Nike Tech Extreme

🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♂️

No method to repair these dents.

I would keep using it if it works until the day it quits.    Can't claim warranty on damage caused by misuse.  I would be surprised if the OEM will replace it or even give partial credit towards a new purchase.

Would the auto dealer replace a new car you purchased and ran up a curb just outside the dealership under warranty?

I had a Callaway VFT driver that developed a split in the face. It ran across the face in alignment with the score lines. Sent it in to Callaway and they did not have that club in stock. They sent me the next (new) driver currently sold at retail so I was feeling pretty good. Kept that driver to today, will likely send in as trade with on line club seller towards a more recent model or a new uncut Graphite shaft. Used graphite are un reliable, shaft can react poorly after the heat gun used to extract from clubhead. local club makers use driver pulls in fairway and Hybrid play clubs as they can tip trim to club spec.  I have several Tit**list and Ta*****ade adjustable tips. I can use to reuse shafts if I want to.

• 3 weeks later...

Had two recent issues with fairly new model clubs, one Taylor Made, and one Callaway. 

Last year, my Sim 2 3w, the carbon crown delaminated and separated from the head.

Called customer service, told them what happened, had the club serial #, asked if they wanted pics "nope, we'll send you a new club" and I had a new Stealth 2 on my doorstep in less than a week!

Second was just this spring, had a Paradym ddd that developed an issue with the "coating" that covers the carbon chassis. Again, called customer service, told them what happened, said no problem, what shade etc you want in your new Ai Smoke sir?

So pretty great service from both companies, for sure! I'e had friends with issues from other companies than these, have their claims denied, mainly for a "not stock shaft"

They both went for fittings, purchased the clubs from their fitter of choice, and of course ended up with a different than stock offering. So the man shipped out club A with #1 shaft, and the fitter installs shaft #4, according to the man it's no longer "stock" or what they sold. Fair enough, but did the shaft contribute to the head failing? Most likely not, but there was an out for them, and they took it.

we got a pool and a pond... the pond would be good for you

On 2/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, BobSled said:

Haha, very good! 

Not sure I want to mess with it to be honest but I'll definitely reach out to TM and see what they recommend. Thanks for the suggestion 😉

I would go forward with the driverbasing your judgement off of sound and feel, if one of them is off on a ‘good swing’ consistently that’ll tell you what you need to know. 

“You can talk to a fade but a hook won’t listen”,

Lee Trevino

Keep in mind that the M3 was released 6 years ago so I wouldn’t expect much when contacting Taylormade (warranty for most OEMs is 1-2 years). Really no way to fix, but you should be able to find a fairly inexpensive replacement.

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W