Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf Ball Similar to Titleist Tour Speed

I have played the Titleist Tour Speed for a few years now and really liked how they played with my particular swing. My swing speed is around 100 mph give or take a few and play a natural draw. I’ve played the Pro V’s before and with my swing and the ball spin I often overcooked my draw and didn’t play well. With the reduced spin rate of the Tour Speed it fit my game quite well. Now that they are discontinued I am on the search for something similar. Anyone have any suggestions to try with something similar to the Tour Speed. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Try the AVX if you're looking for low spin.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm not sure what your location is, but in Canada, I was able to connect with Titleist and get a virtual golf ball fitting. It's not very scientific, but you discuss your game and your preferences, and afterwards send you two free sleeves of balls based on their recommendations. I'm similar to you in that I want less spin on my full swing shots and so they sent me the ProV1x Left Dash and AVX. I'm in the process of trying them both out before making a decision, but this might help you!

Driver:   Stealth 9* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Fairway:  Stealth 3W 15* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Irons:   

• P790 2 Iron w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
  • P790 4-6 Iron w/ Project X
  • P770 7-AW XS w/ Project X 

Wedge:   MG3 56* and 60*
Putter:  35" Spider GT Splitback

I agree with the AVX ball from Titleist. Titleist left dash feel heavy and hard to me (compared to the AVX). 

• G430 Max 9° Tour Chrome 2.0 65g Stiff -1”
  • G430 5-wood 18° same as driver shaft
  • Cobra 22° King Tec Ti hybrid, set at 23.5°
  • G425 5-UW 2.0 steel stiff, 2° Up, 1/2” long
  • Ping S159 50/54/58° wedges, 2° flat, std. length
  • Odyssey DFX #7, black w/ white lines, 35”, 150g cw

Gamed the tour speed for a couple years.  
similar ive seen is:

1. Vice pro plus

2. avx(barely spins a little more than tour speed)

3. Chrome soft x ls and chrome tour

4. taylormade tour response (probably imo the closest to the tour speed in terms of LM data)

Edited by TG8
Added ball mention

WITB

Callaway Chrome Soft is going to be closer to Tour Speed than Chrome Tour, but I agree that the Taylormade Tour Response is probably your closest overall match. Beyond that, might be worth looking at the Maxfli Tour S if you're in the US.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 3/11/2024 at 10:14 AM, Jeremypeeps1526 said:

I have played the Titleist Tour Speed for a few years now and really liked how they played with my particular swing. My swing speed is around 100 mph give or take a few and play a natural draw. I’ve played the Pro V’s before and with my swing and the ball spin I often overcooked my draw and didn’t play well. With the reduced spin rate of the Tour Speed it fit my game quite well. Now that they are discontinued I am on the search for something similar. Anyone have any suggestions to try with something similar to the Tour Speed. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Do you know if they plan to bring it back or bring it back under a new name? Tour speed had to be one of their best bang for your buck balls. 

WITB

4 minutes ago, TG8 said:

Do you know if they plan to bring it back or bring it back under a new name? Tour speed had to be one of their best bang for your buck balls. 

I would make the argument that's part of why they're discontinuing it. Seems they'd rather move folks into the AVX, given the switch from cast urethane to TPU. (TPU was what the Tour Speed was using.) And for folks who don't want the price bump up to AVX, the ionomer-covered Tour Soft is now the same price as the Tour Speed was 😕 

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

38 minutes ago, GregGarner said:

I would make the argument that's part of why they're discontinuing it. Seems they'd rather move folks into the AVX, given the switch from cast urethane to TPU. (TPU was what the Tour Speed was using.) And for folks who don't want the price bump up to AVX, the ionomer-covered Tour Soft is now the same price as the Tour Speed was 😕 

I think it would be cool if they brought it back as a prov1- lite or something.  Basically make it the more budget friendly left dash since both are lower spinning off the tee. 

WITB

On 3/11/2024 at 11:14 AM, Jeremypeeps1526 said:

The Tour Response has many similar characteristics but does spin a bit more than Tour Speed.  The Maxfli Tour and Wilson Triad might also be worth a look, especially if price is a consideration.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

On 3/14/2024 at 5:45 PM, tdc1 said:

The Tour Response has many similar characteristics but does spin a bit more than Tour Speed.  The Maxfli Tour and Wilson Triad might also be worth a look, especially if price is a consideration.

Just a disclaimer I had different results. The TM tour response spun less for me than the tour speeds.  Still use both on my gc3 

WITB

9 minutes ago, TG8 said:

Just a disclaimer I had different results. The TM tour response spun less for me than the tour speeds.  Still use both on my gc3 

I had expected to see the same result (less spin with Tour Response) so was very surprised.  Maxfli Tour has had the most similar numbers to Tour Speed for me.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

11 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

I had expected to see the same result (less spin with Tour Response) so was very surprised.  Maxfli Tour has had the most similar numbers to Tour Speed for me.

I need to try that maxfli!

WITB