How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

First day in the books. Not a horrible day, shot 84 which is 4 over my handicap. Just scrambled all day. Got to hang out with my hawk friends too.

IMG_6038.jpeg

IMG_6037.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

Edited by Erin B

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

On 8/30/2024 at 12:49 AM, Shankster said:

Finished -1 in our scramble today… mostly my drives all day.  Had a hard time finding greens all day long, but we did ok. I might need to go for an adjustment fitting for the driver.  Absolute beast all day, never failed me once, but it was launching lower than I expected.  Multiple 280+ yard drives with a 318 in there.  Favorite club in the bag RN.

OK I'm confused. Are you saying your driving was poor or... 280+ and 318 all sound like good numbers to me S...Ster. If it's working be careful about making little tweaks so as not to ruin a good thing. 

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

12 hours ago, GG194 said:

Played Tuesday and it was one of those “at least I was able to play” days and at my age that’s important. New course for me but told the other guys I would play and when I checked out the course online realized it was way too long for me. Was sort of dreading playing on the way over and was pretty much a disaster since there were very few greens I could reach. Usually enjoy even the bad rounds but not this time so will not go there again even though it might have been the best course I have ever played. Have decided that not having a chance might be worse than playing bad. Lesson learned, will not attempt that distance again,  was playing the tee closest to the ladies tee. Try to play the appropriate tee for my lack of distance off the tee. 

That's all you can do is try. What was cool about your post is that you realize what your limitations are, and are not afraid to admit it. I don't believe in calling them senior or ladies tees any more. I just use the color tee closest to my ability. If the whites are 6000+ I know it's too far. I drop down. Keep hitting them straight and within your fun meter limits @GG194.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Out for a late afternoon 9 with my dad and brother. Played just irons for the whole round, except for 2 tee shots where I used 3-wood (one of which I topped), and shot 6-over, right at my handicap. I was stroking irons fairly well, but struggled with my putter, with 2 3-putts. 
Heading out to Eastern Washington in 2 weeks, and will be playing Gamble Sands and Desert Canyon while there, so I will need to get some range time in before then to get everything dialed. 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

Played 18 this morning,  worked my GC duties,  played another 18 this evening!

First time playing into twilight too!

Morning round was decent for solo round

Evening round was meh.

Shot 41/46. The  back 9 killed me.  4, 3 putts! 10/14 FIR, 11 GIR. 

Carded a 7 on the 15th. 540 yard par 5. Hooked my tee shot a whopping 185 yards. Hit a beautiful 3w 212 yards rolled into a bunker. 150 yards to green. Slammed a 6i out of it, hit the lip of the raised green and rolled of into, yup, another bunker! Ugh. 2 shots to get out of the bunker . Then I 2 putted a 6 footer. 😔 

Best shot was 165 yard par 3. 7i off a tee. Low cut draw, and rolled left of the pin, pin high.

20240831_175415.jpg

20240831_181702.jpg

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

12 hours ago, puffler said:

I've been messing with my grip lately to fix my slice. Rolled me lead hand over more so I can see my first 2 knuckles as I look down at address (some quick tip video I saw). Yesterday I hit about 60% of my drives into the woods on the left.  Usually I hit about 80% into the woods on the right.  So I guess that's a slight improvement!  Need to tweak it more so I can hit it in between.  I have always used an overlapping grip but maybe I'll try the 10 finger.  The quest continues.....

As for me, I have an extremely strong grip.  I have tried other things but, yuck!  I have control, most of the time, with this.  Regardless of the grip I use they are all very strong. My right hand is nearly completely under the shaft of the club.  I am firmly of the opinion that we each need to find the "handle" our own way and ignore what others are doing.  I usually hit 12 fairways per round.  With my strong grip I do tend to hook, but I know that so I aim accordingly.  A hook/draw is my goto ball flight, so I simply aim further right than most people.  I have been doing it this way for a very long time.  I have very little pain associated with hitting balls for hours on the range or chipping 400-800 balls in the back yard.  You just have to keep experimenting until you find what works.  However, don't change back and forth the way I tend to do....it messes you up for days on end.

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Bettinardi Mercedes-Benz putter

Dedicated Walker

We went to play 9 last evening and got in 15 by jumping around a bit before cart turn in time  chased us off the course.  It was another good ball striking night with a couple early bogeys offset by a few birdies.  The driver was automatic and i am doing better maintaining posture throughout the iron swing.  Those toey misses are missing as long as i dont lose my spine angle from standing up during the swing.  

We have a mixed 2 ball alternate shot tourney on wednesday at a Pete Dye course.  I hope the swing stays where its at for that event.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, KenBender said:

My putter is killing my rounds! 

Death by putter is a common malady.  Sadly, one cannot overcome a bad putt. A bad drive, bad approach, bad chip, maybe...bad putt nope!

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Bettinardi Mercedes-Benz putter

Dedicated Walker

Golf , normally, is strictly a weekday game for me.
I play at my own club with the same group of friends all the time.
That's what I like.  I don't need more than that.

Yesterday, however, I played a rare Saturday round
at a nine-hole course that I haven't played for years.
AND, I broke forty!
I had to go eagle-birdie on the par 5s to do it, however.

The date came as a result of running into an old co-worker at the pharmacy
while picking up my meds.  I hadn't seen him for years.

Back in our twi-lite league days,
this gentleman was a longer hitter than I.
Not any more.
Time can really be a female dog sometimes.

We had fun, though, and I did somehow break forty.  

2 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

Golf , normally, is strictly a weekday game for me.
I play at my own club with the same group of friends all the time.
That's what I like.  I don't need more than that.

Yesterday, however, I played a rare Saturday round
at a nine-hole course that I haven't played for years.
AND, I broke forty!
I had to go eagle-birdie on the par 5s to do it, however.

The date came as a result of running into an old co-worker at the pharmacy
while picking up my meds.  I hadn't seen him for years.

Back in our twi-lite league days,
this gentleman was a longer hitter than I.
Not any more.
Time can really be a female dog sometimes.

We had fun, though, and I did somehow break forty.  

So you actually had a 3 for 1! 

Golf on weekend with a friend

A Course all but forgotten

And a great round!

Congratulations!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

13 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Played 18 this morning,  worked my GC duties,  played another 18 this evening!

First time playing into twilight too!

Morning round was decent for solo round

Evening round was meh.

Shot 41/46. The  back 9 killed me.  4, 3 putts! 10/14 FIR, 11 GIR. 

Carded a 7 on the 15th. 540 yard par 5. Hooked my tee shot a whopping 185 yards. Hit a beautiful 3w 212 yards rolled into a bunker. 150 yards to green. Slammed a 6i out of it, hit the lip of the raised green and rolled of into, yup, another bunker! Ugh. 2 shots to get out of the bunker . Then I 2 putted a 6 footer. 😔 

Best shot was 165 yard par 3. 7i off a tee. Low cut draw, and rolled left of the pin, pin high.

20240831_175415.jpg

20240831_181702.jpg

18, then work and finish with 18? Yep I can see some fatigue edging in there.😄

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

4 hours ago, alii1959 said:

Death by putter is a common malady.  Sadly, one cannot overcome a bad putt. A bad drive, bad approach, bad chip, maybe...bad putt nope!

I wish upon wish that I had never realized that before and was imagining that theory for the first time.

Unfortunately, that's not been the case for me....or probably anybody else who's ever played the game.

Sometimes on one's very best ball-striking days,
one pulls out the putter
and it starts feeling like one has never tried to putt before.

Can't see the line.
Can't judge the speed.
Can't even put the putter in motion without a pull or a push or at worst, even a spasm.

That's when it's best to forget about any cold cans or bottles we may have in our bags
and pull out the flask instead.

If what you know for technique isn't working,
you can always use The Force.

Edited by RetiredBoomer

15 minutes ago, Dweed said:

18, then work and finish with 18? Yep I can see some fatigue edging in there.😄

To my injustice,  it was over 100⁰ out and virtually no air movement.  Yeah, I may have over done it.

Also, I got paired with 2 college kids and their dad for the evening.  They were just showboating their 300 yard drives and 250 yard iron shots.... 😆 🤣 😂 although I didn't let my ego pop up, it was definitely humbling. 

WITB-

I got out this weekend twice for two 18s after a rare full 5 days off. No swings, no range, no practice putts. Straight to the first tee and launch away.

First round was on the nemisis 9 and the go get it 9. Had one bad hole on the nemisis after poking one OB on the super tight 8. From there it was really a battle, the type where you aren't scoring, but aren't playing that bad. A lot of missed putts, but I was questioning me or the lines. Ended up with a higher 80s but can't argue with the result. I did a bad golfer and left the eagle putt a foot shy on 18 for a tap in birdie, but overall was content.

Sunday is usually the easy 9 start and the other 9. Ended up replaying Saturday's round and shot a 44 on the front, missing a 3 footer for 43. On the back for the first time this year, I had two birdies on the easy 9 including draining a 8 foot comeback on 18. (I had another 25 footer for eagle and made sure I didn't leave it short evidently).

Going back three months and it's crazy how much my game has improved since I took lessons. The person I'm working with was so simple and it just works for me. He's got me down to around 12.5 handicap which is roughly about the best I've ever been. I'm now at the point where I'm eliminating triples and usually down to a few doubles. If I could dial in irons, I think I'd be single digits with halfway decent putting. That's the last step of this year, start dialing in irons and working on reads.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 6 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

Today was a shining example of how cruel the golf gods can be.

Front 9 wasn’t bad, even made back to back pars (not currently a normal occurrence).

Back 9 was a horrible mess that nothing went right on.

But the bottom line is that I got out in the sun with good friends. I’ll take that any day of the week.

Taylormade Sim Max driver

Titleist TSI2 5 wood

Callaway Rogue 3 hybrid 

Taylormade M2 irons

Cleveland & Titleist wedges 

Odyssey 7 putter

8 minutes ago, TheBirdieMasterLOL said:

Forgot to post my round from yesterday. I played in a 2 man scramble tourney with my brother. We didn't play well and were lucky to tie for second. After the tourney, we played an extra 9 holes with a bunch of friends (there were like 9 people in the group). On number 13, a short par 3 I played a low cut shot with my new 52 degree SM10. It flew about 15 feet behind the hole, ripped back, and dropped for my third ever hole-in-one. It's a shame it didn't happen in the tournament, but it was one fun round.

Congratulations on the Ace!!!

5 minutes ago, edingc said:

Been a minute since I've checked in here - a month after shooting my first sub-par 18 holes, my good play has for the most part kept it up. More 9s than 18s now that the days are getting shorter, but still 13 rounds in August highlighted by a 2-under 34 last weekend.

Today's nine is a great example of what need's improvement. Two early bogeys on Nos. 10 and 11, offset by birdies on No. 12 and 14. A bad bogey missing a 3 footer on 16 for par and I headed to 18 one-over. And then out comes the snap hook and I walk away with a bad quad on the final hole. Aaargh!

Handicap has dropped into the 3s for the first time ever. Really awesome to see some progress and a lot of practice pay off.

That's awesome!!!

WITB-

"Krokodil Fees 2024" (Crocodile Fest 2024)

This past weekend my wife and I played in a charity golf day in a small farming community town, Koster, in here in South Africa.  The event was to raise funds for their local children's and old age home "Ons Huis" (Our House).  The events for the day was as follows:

• Scramble drive BB golf competition
  • Mej. Krokodil Fees (Miss Crocodile Fest)
  • Beer tent (with free barbequed crocodile kebabs)
  • Gin Bar
  • South Africa vs New Zeeland Rugby test on tv's in the Beer tent
  • Live music entertainment after the rugby

Koster is situated 140km west of Johannesburg in the heart of the North West farming region.  The course consists of 9 greens, of which the largest is about 35ft in diameter (some of the tees are larger than the greens.  This time of the year every blade of grass is dead and the fairways are bone dry. 

The weather prediction was that it was going to be cold and therfore my wife and I packed our thick bush jackets for the evening's festivities.  On the morning the August winds made their last visit and was howling at 100mph (or at least that was how it felt).  The morning was so cold that we decided to play with our hunting jackets until it warmed up a bit.

The scoring on Garmin was a bit of an issue as the course is registered as a 9hole course, so I told my wife to only use the watch for the GPS. The fairways were so hard that I hit a 376yd drive on the 1st, and that was about 40yds short of the longest drive for the day. 

This was really a fun day for a good purpose.  Good scores were not our goal.  Our goal was to get to the beer tent and Gin bar to watch South Africa beat New Zeeland in the rugby, which we did.

Krokfees2.jpg

Krokfees1.jpg

Cathalene & I.

oosies.jpg

The team

Team.jpg

The 3rd Tee

3rd tee.jpg

The 3rd green somewhere ahead.

3rd view.jpg

The beer tent

beer tent1.jpg

A Sponsored tee

Sponsor.jpg

The 1st tee with the Crocodile kebab table on the right

1st tee.jpg

South Africa beat New Zeeland

After rugby.jpeg

The Garmin Approach 60 recorded both rounds (18 holes) on the 9holes course. Fascinating!!!

hole1.jpghole2.jpg

hole3.jpghole4.jpg

hole5.jpghole6.jpg

hole7.jpghole8.jpg

hole9.jpg

Edited by Johann Oosthuizen
  • Callaway Mavrik Driver 10.5* (280yd)
  • Callaway GBB 3 wood (256yd)
  • Ping G25 17* Hybrid  (230yd)
  • Callaway AI Smoke 4Hybrid (set at 22* & replacement for the 4 iron) (208yd)
  • Callaway Apex Pro 19 (5 to A) Irons
  • Wilson Staff Dynapower SW (1975)
  • Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 60 Mid 10
  • Odyssey DXF Rossie Putter
  • Srixon Q-Star balls
  • Garmin Approach S60

My game seems to have taken a turn for the better recently. Despite my loss of distance across the club range, I am managing some scores from my "days of glory" 😂. The last 4 rounds have been soundly in the 70's.... with yesterday being a 75.  I managed 7 pars in a row on the front 9. I'm hoping to keep it going, but we all know how quickly this game can bite us in the a**. 🤣

Yesterday was terrible. Driver was all over the map so I did what anyone else would do, buy a new shaft for it.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

15 hours ago, TheBirdieMasterLOL said:

Forgot to post my round from yesterday. I played in a 2 man scramble tourney with my brother. We didn't play well and were lucky to tie for second. After the tourney, we played an extra 9 holes with a bunch of friends (there were like 9 people in the group). On number 13, a short par 3 I played a low cut shot with my new 52 degree SM10. It flew about 15 feet behind the hole, ripped back, and dropped for my third ever hole-in-one. It's a shame it didn't happen in the tournament, but it was one fun round.

Congrats on the ACE!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

As usual I lost 3 balls Saturday morning.  Good news is they weren't all due to the pull hook I'm working on -- one left, one push and one hit a cart path.  Bad news, I'm back to multiple ways of losing balls.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

I’m playing right now. Started the day with 7 penalties in six holes. Shot a 51 on 9 so far. If it weren’t for the penalties I’d be 3 over. Unfortunately that’s not the case. Some days you have it, some days you don’t. But I’m grinding and making pars. 

image.jpg

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

2 minutes ago, Erin B said:

I’m playing right now. Started the day with 7 penalties in six holes. Shot a 51 on 9 so far. If it weren’t for the penalties I’d be 3 over. Unfortunately that’s not the case. Some days you have it, some days you don’t. But I’m grinding and making pars. 

image.jpg

Oops spoke too soon, now 8 penalties