How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played a bit today, only 12 holes, but it's still hot as all hades, and we rand into a clog up of slow pokes.

Played from the tips again, 6813 yards at this track.

I'm finding that I kind of like it from the tips, you definitely use more of the clubs in your bag

I wouldn't!  I would use driver, FW, wedge on all par 4's, and probably throw in another FW on the par 5's.  Probably hybrid, FW or driver on the par 3's.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a bit today, only 12 holes, but it's still hot as all hades, and we rand into a clog up of slow pokes.

Played from the tips again, 6813 yards at this track.

I'm finding that I kind of like it from the tips, you definitely use more of the clubs in your bag

Can't even find the tips anymore! I would need clubs not invented yet!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I think the heat makes the balls go further, were hitting drives to the same places the blue tees were hit in cooler weather.

It also seems to be less trouble.

Par 3's were, 210, 189, 168, so all reachable .

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I think the heat makes the balls go further, were hitting drives to the same places the blue tees were hit in cooler weather.

It also seems to be less trouble.

Par 3's were, 210, 189, 168, so all reachable .

210 par 3! In Florida that's driver for old guys!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Damn near broke 40 (for the first time ever) on the back!! 3 jack just killed me but I refocused and still played really well. Putter was on absolute fire all day. Don't think I've ever putted that well for 18.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Damn near broke 40 (for the first time ever) on the back!! 3 jack just killed me but I refocused and still played really well. Putter was on absolute fire all day. Don't think I've ever putted that well for 18.

What kills me is when I'm playing really well (not that often) I start thinking (not a good idea for me) that all I have to do is par or bogie the last hole or 2 to shoot whatever low number. That's when I blow it! Couple of doubles coming up!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

What kills me is when I'm playing really well (not that often) I start thinking (not a good idea for me) that all I have to do is par or bogie the last hole or 2 to shoot whatever low number. That's when I blow it! Couple of doubles coming up!!

I've stopped thinking about pars honestly. Even when I was doing as well as I did yesterday, I just tried to focus on bogey golf. It's when I start thinking about the pars they turn into doubles or worse real fast!

I completely understand I have to make sure I don't even add up the first 9 holes at the turn to ensure my best score possible. Bad thing is the app I use tabulates my score so I do see it not intentionally and get pretty angry lol.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Definitely hard to get out of you own way. Many times when I have been playing well I start thinking about the possibilities and end up falling apart.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

41 + 42 = 83 today with back to back birdies on 16 & 17 which helped jack my points up.  +5 and 1st place in the blitz today taking home $25.00  :) 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Another hot and humid day playing with one of the course ambassador at the local muni. Shot 35-34 for a bogey free round of 69. Spent half my time wiping sweats of my eyes but it was worth it. He's a retired LEO so we kept each other distracted from golf and heat.

The funny part was I was in the bunker 3 times today and they hosed the bunker making them soft, so I got all 3 fried eggs somehow I got all 3 sand save. That's the highlight of the round for sure.

2 down this week and 2 more to go. Hopefully I keep the streak going.

Shot a 75 this morning with zero 3 putts. My game felt great. It was one of those days where everything was going in my favor. Just missed a few greens with my 100 yard club but I can work that out on the range. I swapped back to my old putter and it's rolling great. Hopefully tomorrow's round will be similar. IMG_20170705_130912.jpg

Here's a picture of the new/old gal.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Starting at 7:30pm, I walked on to Haggin Oaks. If the club house is closed, the round is free! I jogged between shots with only 7 clubs in my bag. Played 1, 2, 3, 4 then 17 & 18 in as the light started to fade. It felt great! There's something about playing a few sweaty holes of golf in the last light of a day in July that brings back child hood memories. It was only six holes (3 par 5's, two 4's and a 3!) but I had a blast and felt completely satisfied driving home. Cheers to twilight golf in the summer!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Starting at 7:30pm, I walked on to Haggin Oaks. If the club house is closed, the round is free! I jogged between shots with only 7 clubs in my bag. Played 1, 2, 3, 4 then 17 & 18 in as the light started to fade. It felt great! There's something about playing a few sweaty holes of golf in the last light of a day in July that brings back child hood memories. It was only six holes (3 par 5's, two 4's and a 3!) but I had a blast and felt completely satisfied driving home. Cheers to twilight golf in the summer!

Your right twilight golf is awesome. Used to do it regularly years ago. Too hot/humid in Florida for that.

Rick

Left Hand, 

44/42:86 @ Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa. Not my best round....could not chip on front nine and could not get out of the bunkers on the back....ugh! But won $20!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

44/42:86 @ Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa. Not my best round....could not chip on front nine and could not get out of the bunkers on the back....ugh! But won $20!

I was thirty yards short of our #11 par five yesterday.  I simply had to chip the ball on the green and two putt at worse for a par. I chunked my chip about four yards. I misfired on another one that traveled about 10 feet. Two putted for bogey.  Next hole which is a par three, I pulled my tee shot beside the green and proceeded to chunk the next shot then yet another bad chip left me for a two putt for a frigging five. I figured out what I was doing for my next hole by opening my stance up a bit and putting more weight on the front side.  Mysteriously  ;)  my bad chipping went away and I ended up with an 83 for the day. Chipping poorly is the biggest score killer IMO.  We all talk about driving the ball poorly etc. however chipping should be so simple yet we throw away waaaaay too many strokes around the greens.  I do a lot of bump and runs with my 7, 8, & 9 irons.  I even chip with my 5 iron on occasions and when I'm on with that club, I've made quite a few from off the green by using a putting stroke with it.  

Cleveland

I like Haggin Oaks.  Played it 2 years ago with Spys Tim and Dave.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was thirty yards short of our #11 par five yesterday.  I simply had to chip the ball on the green and two putt at worse for a par. I chunked my chip about four yards. I misfired on another one that traveled about 10 feet. Two putted for bogey.  Next hole which is a par three, I pulled my tee shot beside the green and proceeded to chunk the next shot then yet another bad chip left me for a two putt for a frigging five. I figured out what I was doing for my next hole by opening my stance up a bit and putting more weight on the front side.  Mysteriously  ;)  my bad chipping went away and I ended up with an 83 for the day. Chipping poorly is the biggest score killer IMO.  We all talk about driving the ball poorly etc. however chipping should be so simple yet we throw away waaaaay too many strokes around the greens.  I do a lot of bump and runs with my 7, 8, & 9 irons.  I even chip with my 5 iron on occasions and when I'm on with that club, I've made quite a few from off the green by using a putting stroke with it.  

I don't chip with anything longer than a 9i, otherwise I'm off the green on the other side!!  

Played early 7:30 was a bit hot and humid but better than has been. Shot 38/41, 80. Sounds good but felt bad. Never hit driver over 210. Left shoulder is getting worse and going to see what Doc has to say about it. He's gyro be surprised since the appt is to take another look at my knee.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played early 7:30 was a bit hot and humid but better than has been. Shot 38/41, 80. Sounds good but felt bad. Never hit driver over 210. Left shoulder is getting worse and going to see what Doc has to say about it. He's gyro be surprised since the appt is to take another look at my knee.

I know how you feel. Some guys rear ended us and now I have a sprained rotator cuff and my shoulder hurts quite a bit. Chiropractor says it will take 2-6 weeks to heal. Looks like I won't be golfing for a while.... 😔 Hope your shoulder gets better quickly.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I know how you feel. Some guys rear ended us and now I have a sprained rotary cuff and my shoulder hurts quite a bit. Chiropractor says it will take 2-6 weeks to heal. Looks like I won't be golfing for a while.... Hope your shoulder gets better quickly.

My neighbor is a retired chiropractor and he thinks it's bone spurs. Fun times.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Take care of your old arse and hopefully you can get some relief soon

Cleveland

Ugh! Had my worst round in months this morning. I should have known it would be bad when I ran on with no warm up and then birdied the first hole. It's only gonna get worse... I played quickly with another walk on single but for some reason, just could not find any rhythm. I was snap hooking drives, hitting every wedge fat. Just a terrible, terrible round. Hopefully, it's out of my system! I believe I posted a 44 on a par 32 nine hole course. I'm gonna go have a beer and laugh about it now!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I know how you feel. Some guys rear ended us and now I have a sprained rotary cuff and my shoulder hurts quite a bit. Chiropractor says it will take 2-6 weeks to heal. Looks like I won't be golfing for a while.... Hope your shoulder gets better quickly.

2-6 weeks. Just in time for late summer early fall golf!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Ugh! Had my worst round in months this morning. I should have known it would be bad when I ran on with no warm up and then birdied the first hole. It's only gonna get worse... I played quickly with another walk on single but for some reason, just could not find any rhythm. I was snap hooking drives, hitting every wedge fat. Just a terrible, terrible round. Hopefully, it's out of my system! I believe I posted a 44 on a par 32 nine hole course. I'm gonna go have a beer and laugh about it now!

Beer is always an important part of any golf!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Beer is always an important part of any golf!

We could be brothers from another Mother. Just saying

Cleveland

We could be brothers from another Mother. Just saying

Could be!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Could be!!

We'll tee er up one of these days and have a family reunion

Cleveland