Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

What Is Your Favorite Driver Shaft?

I have been using a Fujikura Motre F3 R6

for more than a year, tried several others but this shaft without question works really well for me. Would be very honored to try and test the new Ventus TR

WITB

Callaway Rouge ST Max D driver

Titleist TSR2 fairway 

Titleist Tsi2 fairway

Titleist TS2 Hybrid

Titleist T300 irons

Vokey Wedges SM8

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist LinkMaster bag

Currently using a Fujikura Motre F3 R6 shaft in my driver. Tested several different shafts and this shaft greatly outperformed everything I tried, love this shaft but would really like to try/test the new Ventus Tr

WITB

Callaway Rouge ST Max D driver

Titleist TSR2 fairway 

Titleist Tsi2 fairway

Titleist TS2 Hybrid

Titleist T300 irons

Vokey Wedges SM8

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist LinkMaster bag

I am currently using a BGT Brava shaft and love it, just feels really smooth. Before that I was using a tour ad, and iz. I have also used the TP and HD and they didn't fit me well. 

P790 4-p 2023, vokey wedges sm7,8,9, sim2 driver, Scotty putter. 

Mitsubishi C6™ RED - High Launch and Mid Spin

I have a very low swing speed (70-75 mph) and find this shaft gives me the most potential distance. Every once in a while I will get over 200 yards. I am 74 with a lot of mobility issues due to arthritis. I am constantly looking for senior golf tips to help my game. I also like the MMT SpeedMesh 40 R2 High Launch Mid-spin (Senior 44g) when I use the Titleist TSr1 driver. I use a UST Proforce V2 High Launch 5F2 (Senior 52g) in my 3-wood and 5-wood. I am currently trying to find the best head to go with these shafts. I am testing the MMT Speedmesh with the TSr1 and the Ping G430 max, TSi3, and original Stealth plus with the Mitsubishi C6 RED.  Anyone have experience with any of these? 

TaylorMade Stealth woods and CALLAWAY Roque X irons. Ping Sigma 2 Fetch (face-balanced) putter. 

I was fitted in the QI core driver tensi black av xflex would love to try the shaft. And yes I have access to track man.

Start ing from the top of the bag 

QI core driver Xflex tensi black shaft 45.5in

Stealth2+ 3 & 5wood xflex hazardous smoke green shaft

QI irons 4-P 1/2 Inch long Kbs tour XFlex 130 shafts black.

Cleveland RTX6 wedges 50,54,60 

Scotty Cameron newport 2+ putter

Balls Vice pro plus shade

On 4/17/2024 at 4:43 PM, Josh Parker said:

Newton 5 dot for driver

Newton 5 dot for 4w

And I have tried a ton!  Haha. I need to put a few up on the classifieds...

I have not heard of this shaft before now.  I went to their website but they dont post any technical data.  How would you classify the feel of the shaft?  Does it feel boardy (stiff) on the butt end or can you feel the shaft loading? I do realize that you use the 5 dot so im guessing stiffer butt section.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

3 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

I have not heard of this shaft before now.  I went to their website but they dont post any technical data.  How would you classify the feel of the shaft?  Does it feel boardy (stiff) on the butt end or can you feel the shaft loading? I do realize that you use the 5 dot so im guessing stiffer butt section.

Here is a whole thread on them. HERE

It's a very different feel than any other golf shaft in my opinion. You feel load but it's stable and the release "pop" is at impact. 

Some have really liked it, others have not. 

@Erin B @GolfSpy_APH @Javs are just a few that have also tried it. Check out that thread and happy to answer any questions. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

5 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Here is a whole thread on them. HERE

It's a very different feel than any other golf shaft in my opinion. You feel load but it's stable and the release "pop" is at impact. 

Some have really liked it, others have not. 

@Erin B @GolfSpy_APH @Javs are just a few that have also tried it. Check out that thread and happy to answer any questions. 

After yesterday I wanted an anti-left shaft in play. Today I went with my Paradym TD at 8 degrees with the Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX. Very strong shaft which I can swing as hard as I desire. It will not give the big miss left. In fact, it gives a baby fade or draw. Most of the time just dead straight! It worked great today!

Play like a champion today!

11 hours ago, MattF said:

I thought it was the HAZRDUS Smoke Black but the UST LIN-Q M40X 70 is just better.

I was fit for both but my swing is better hence the change to the LIN-Q.

@MattF what color of the UST LIN-Q?

Just curious to see if the EI profile may be similar to the Hzrdus.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

Current driver shaft of choice is my Hzrdus Blue XS 65gram shaft. Was fitted to a Ventus Blue with my old driver but my current Cobra LTDX came with the Hzrdus Blue option and I am loving it.

Firefighter

Single figures

120+ swing speed

LTDx Driver

Srixon ZX 3Wood & Utility Iron

Srixon ZX7 Irons

Vokey Wedges

12 hours ago, rkj427 said:

@MattF what color of the UST LIN-Q?

Just curious to see if the EI profile may be similar to the Hzrdus.

Blue, it's a mid launch low spin. The HZRDUS Smoke Black is a low launch low spin.

Probably why I did get on with the LIN-Q White, it's also low/low.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I really love my current GD Tour AD DI 6S shaft.  For non upgrade standard shafts.  I have always liked the Tensei Blue stiff shafts.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

I’m using the Fujikura Motore X F3 6S swinging around 100.  Very stable and helps launch the Stealth plus a bit higher as I wanted. Also using it in my Radspeed 3 wood.  This shaft doesn’t feel boardy at all and you can feel the smooth kick.  Tried the Taylormade Ventus 5S but didn’t care for the consistency as much as the Motore X but, this was not the Velacore model and also lighter.   Originally was using the Kaili white 6S which was also a great feel but launched lower.  

Stealth Plus 9 Driver

Cobra SZ Big 3 Wood 13.5

Cobra SZ 2 Hybrid 

Ping I-500 irons 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges 50,54,58

Odyssey Stroke Lab DbleWide Putter 

I currently play a GD Tour AD W-60 Stiff shaft that I was not fitted for. I need a new driver and X-stiff shaft as my swing speeds have gone up over the years. Would love to test the new Venus shaft! Have heard great things from friends.

IMG_3056.jpeg

DR:  image.png.5c19d49c43a50cdd92085ac68c4cdeda.png  Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9* w/ GD Tour AD W-60 S

3W:  image.png.5c19d49c43a50cdd92085ac68c4cdeda.png  Callaway Epic Speed 13.5* w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke IM10 6.0

5W:  image.png.5c19d49c43a50cdd92085ac68c4cdeda.png  Callaway Epic Speed 18* w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke IM10 6.0

4i-PW:  image.png.5c19d49c43a50cdd92085ac68c4cdeda.png  Razr X Forged w/ Project X 6.0

52°/10°S, 56°/8°C & 60°/8°C:  image.png.5c19d49c43a50cdd92085ac68c4cdeda.png  Jaws MD5 Tour Grey w/ TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 115 S200

P:  image.png.6b0c0910f5c4dad993eeb3a67e0487b0.png  Studio Select Newport 2.6

Ball:  image.png.0f2de9e80ec97647e7e71165ce5bc99d.png  Titleist Left Dash Pro V1X

Bag:  sunmountain.png.fbfcaedc370ac8cb47e34532ce3b2643.png C-130S Stand Bag

Other: image.png.40b3f95c9dbdadb6967fc9727d0db6d4.png Arccos Smart Sensors

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's game. It's called an eraser.  -Arnold Palmer

Aldila Tour Green for Driver and both woods (3 & 5). The shaft is so stable and stout that it feels almost impossible to turn the ball over for a left miss. 

Demoed Ventus Blue and Black Velocore during winter and while the liveliness gave marginal boost on ball speed, the left miss felt looming over the corner. Therefore Tour Green gets another year in the bag.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8° - Aldila Tour green 60TX

Titleist TSi3 15° - Aldila Tour green 70TX

Titleist TSi2 18° - Aldila Tour green 70TX // Taylormade SIM UDI 18° - Diamana Thump 100X

Callaway Apex Pro 21 4-9 - Project X 6.5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 46, 50, 54 & 60 - Dynamic Gold Spinner Wedge

Scotty Cameron Futura X // Odyssey Stroke Lab #7

//kajaar

About two weeks ago, I had my Ping G400 re-shafted with the Ventus Blue 6-R and it has been nothing short of amazing. I have always played my clubs with the stock shafts, but this is a game changer. It may be the placebo effect or something, but I feel I can attack my drives with more power. I would look into the Velocore option. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

Ventus Blue Velocore 6s shoterend to 45 inches.  I have tried others...  but come back to this one.

Titleist TSR2 10 degree with Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Super Hybrid 2H VA Slay 85 Stiff

Callaway Super Hybrid 3H 

Srixon ZX 23* -4 driving iron - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Srixon MKII ZX5 (5-A) - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Bettinardi (54, 58)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S

I have used Fujikuru Black shafts in my drivers and irons for about 3 years now. I believe that they give me the most consistency and distance.

P.A. Renaud - Tour Edge Driver 10.5* Senior Shaft

Tour Edge #3, #5 and #7 fairway woods

Callaway Epic Star irons - Senior shafts - 5 to gap wedge

Diamana Blueboard...I was fitted for the current model and it is very nice and just as smooth and easy to hit as the original, which I used for many many years prior to getting this one last year.  I seem to really like those mid/mid type shafts and this one is IMO the best.

"In victory, you deserve champagne.  In defeat, you need it."

• Driver - Callaway Paradym 10.5, Diamana TB 60 S
  • 5-Wood - TaylorMade RBZ Tour 18, Matix Ozik XCON-7 S
  • 4i - PW - Ping i230, KBS Tour V stiff
  • Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9, 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 60.04 T, KBS Tour V stiff
  • Putter - Titleist Cameron Newport, oilcan finish, 34", baby-T grip
  • All Grips - Golf Pride Z Grip Cord
  • Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Switched to a Mitsubishi Tensei Blue a couple years ago and it has been great.  But dang it one of my coworkers talked me into trying his Accra FX3.0.  Ended up buying one.  Gets here Friday and am anxious to get it on the course.

Callaway Paradym X 10.5 set to 11.5

Callaway Paradym 3+ wood

Callaway Paradym X 3/4/5 hybrid

Mizuno 923JPX irons 6-W Dynamic Gold 95 w/ProSoft dampeners

Cleveland CBX2 48, 52, 56

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6

It's amazing how many MGS forum participants get so into the weeds with shafts.
It seems that custom fitting for shafts is the norm here rather than the exception.

I buy my stuff online and take the stock R-flex graphite shaft that the manufacturer offers.
I figure they know what works with the clubhead.

I do specify the same grip for every non-putter club, and I ask for 1° flat on the driving iron, numbered irons, and wedges.  I also order all the wedges the same length so that the sand iron is usually ordered a ¼" long and the lob wedge is usually ordered a ½" long.

Other than that, though, I'm pretty much an off the shelf shopper.

I came into this season with a complete fourteen club reboot, but one major online dealer had
everything I wanted.  And while it's only May, I'm happy with the new gear.

How good does a social-recreational player have to be to benefit from custom fitting?  
Is it as common as it seems to be here on the forum?

13.5° driver
20° driving iron
18, 23° fairway woods
5-9 irons
46, 52, 58, 64° wedges
thirteen Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips [ONLY FREE ENDORSEMENT!!!]
putter

Currently playing the BGT Brava Sierra Echo F/4 driver shaft and am loving it. Didn't get fit for it. Tried it on a whim and it's a great fit for me.

:cobra-small: Aerojet LS 9° / Brava BGT SE F/4
:taylormade-small: Stealth FW 5 / TPT 16 MK/MT/SW
:taylormade-small: M3 3/19° Rescue / Fujikura Ventus Red 7-S
:ping-small: iCrossover 4 / :accra: Fx200H M4
:srixon-small: Srixon ZX7 (5-AW) - :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 120
:mizuno-small:  T20 56° & 60°/ :Nippon: ProModus3 Tour 125 Wedge
Royal GRIP V Sand Wrap
L.A.B. MEZZ.1 / L.A.B. :accra:
:bridgestone-small: Tour BX