Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

How many balls do you carry?

I carry 6 - 8 at any time.

My home course has a few Out of Bounds, trees & water hazards, so best to be prepared. 

Sometimes I can actually "retire" a ball due to scratchs etc from going off the fairway, other times can go through 2 - 3 a round.

I have trouble with my "guidance system ", so going astray is a normal game for me.

WITB.

Tour Edge e723 irons, 4-SW, c523 Driver

TaylorMade Sim 3 wood, 

Cobra King Vintage Stingray 2.0 Putter

I carry a dozen, different colors and brands for different courses and conditions. I also carry two or three not so good balls for the cheapskates I play with that spend all day looking for their ball🙄

Pinehurst NC, a quaint little drinking town with a golfing problem.

I always carry at least a dozen. More of a mindset thing, don’t usually lose more than 1 or 2 balls per round. 

Irons: Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal

Driver: Stealth 2

3W: Stealth 2

5W: Stealth 2

Wedges (52, 56, 60): Volkey SM9 Jet Black

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport

Typically carry 12 - 15 balls. 2-3 for me and the rest for my father in law. 

Mizuno Pro Model E  10.5* Tour AD VR 5

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speeder 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybrid 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*. 
Sik Flo C
Snell MTBX

Plenty of balls in my bag mainly as i use a trolley to carry my clubs so weight is not an issue. Also i have days where i need a few!!

Driver- Ping G430

5 Wood- Ping G430

3 hybrid- TaylorMade SIM2 Max

4 Hybrid- TaylorMade SIM2 Max

Irons 5-PW Titleist T200

Wedges- TaylorMade MG4's

Putter- TaylorMade Spider

No more than 6. It all depends on course I may play as well.

Teaching golf and working on the course in my local area. I have been working to help teach kids and adults to learn this game that we love so much. I really love seeing new golfers come out and get that hit out there and see ther expression on there face when it comes together.  

I usually have 10 in the bag, 6 that is the usual golf ball I use and then roughly 4 that are random just incase. In the winter when I carry I will go as low as just carrying the 6 I use to save a little weight.

D -TSR2

3 wood - TSR2

Apex tour 22 irons

Mixture of wedges

Odyssey putter

I walk a lot, so I try to be as minimal as possible I usually carry 6 balls in my bag and about a dozen wooden tees.  The next question should be is how many tees do you have I have seen guys with enough tees to have a bonfire after the round.

Stealth 2 plus 

Sim TI 3 wood 

Titleist TSI 3 3 hybrid 

P7 MC 

MG3

My spider GT

This is a great question and discussion in our house. My 14 year old son carries about 4 dozen! He’s crazy and I tell him it’s way too many. I carry two sleeves and about 6-9 more junk or scuffed balls that I’ve found or scuffed while walking. 

Callaway GBB Epic, Callaway Razr X Black 3W, Callaway X14 Pro, Cleveland CG15, Odyssey White Hot #5

I’m probably around 9.  1 sleeve of new balls, 3 more gently used, and 3 ‘water’ balls I may use to practice high risk shots where I am likely to lose it or to give to a friend that runs out hah. 
I tend to find more than I use which get donated to my friends or into my wife’s bag. 

may carry a few extra if playing a course I’m not familiar with in the event I lose more. 

-NS

I have 9 balls in the bag. Usually find another 2 or 3 every round during mens league night without even trying. Typically pass the found ones on to my sons bag.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

13 is my standard number of golf balls:

6 brand new white Srixon Z-stars.

6 used white Srixon Z-stars, provided they're in good condition, with no major wear or marks/gouges/scrapes.

1 yellow Srixon Z-star which I always use as my 'provisional' ball.

They're all marked with a "paw print" by either a green or purple sharpie, which reminds me of my pet terrier - who never lets go or gives up!

I carry 6 and if I go off the rails for the day then well, that’s what friends are for. 
Carrying less also kind of forces you to be a bit more strategic throughout the round with your shot placements 

Edited by toodles_of_tol

- toodles

• Driver: Stealth 2 
  • 3 Wood: Stealth 2
  • 4 Hybrid: Stealth 2
  • 5-GW: PXG 0311P Gen 4
  • SW & LW: TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3
  • Putter: Evnroll ER2B

An attendant brought my clubs out one day and asked if the bag was full of rocks. I took it home and found 35 balls I'd found over the summer. Now I keep it cleaned out and carry 3 used and 3 new to start every round.

Golf is my full-time retirement job.

I carry probably 4 dozen balls in my bag,  and yes its a very heavy bag.  The reason behind my madness, is that I primarily play at a Robert trent Jones golf course.  The short course alone has water that comes into play on 7 of the 9 holes.   Needless to say that many have gone off to a watery grave.

Another reason is that when I miss one into the trees I tend to find 3 while Im in there, so they go into the bag and I just never take them out.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Probably too many , without counting , my estimate is 16, I usually pickup one or two a round to give the wife ( just beginning ) and will have one or two that I’ve retired and forget to remove . I’ve started to not grab a new sleeve every time I play since I rarely lose or damage more than one  which  tend to back in the bag ! 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

Recently got the case of the slices off the Tee with driver that have been worse than EVER! So I began to carry 12 balls of misc brand and condition until I clean that back up.

Usually I limit myself to 6 of the same brand as I finds it helps me ensure I stay in play and not just "full send" every shot.

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Whatever is in the pocket I'm my bag. Maybe 15 maybe 20 all mixed.  Those are really just reserve.  I pull two balls out of a basket I keep in my trunk before I head out to practice with on the green.  The one I feel is rolling better goes in the pocket to play the other gets stashed in the cart pocket.  I'm not generally losing balls or scuffing the heck out of them that they need to be replaced.  If I don't finish my round with the same ball I generally only need the one extra.

I use a push cart so the extra balls don't bother me. Pickups go in a separate pocket for donation to the driving range.

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS 9* :projectx: LZ Blue Designed in SD 60g Stiff-Flex

image.png.dbc730be382654e44c7d2a48fa6eed67.pngJPX-850 5W 16* :Fuji: Motore Tour Spec 6.3 Stiff-Flex

image.png.9454767fdf9faf9965f7cd6c94d1c24a.png 0317X Gen4 2-Hybrid 17* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex or

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png 0211 3-Hybrid 19* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex

image.png.e9d9c096f6e44154c947eaa8b0bd6541.pngPro 223 4-Iron Nippon Shafts Pro Modus3 Tour 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.3ec41f28452096d8fcdde969774ec768.pngMP-20 MMC 5-PW LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.ea5de508878d729c6e26f45fb78d76fb.pngPro 223 GW 52* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.25dc4d61c6e70541d98a681e1fade611.pngMG3 56* SB12 & 60* SB10 True Temper Dynamic Gold S400W

image.png.b81b08ab505111827d8b0cdc1bb93d14.pngWhite Hot Versa 12 Stroke Labs 70 Series shaft 

image.png.8c023ed39f083a2d0f865ee72c27c8d2.pngAcross the board

image.png

I will have 6-9 at most each time I go out. I’m regularly rotating out the scuffed or “tired” ones before I go to the course. I’ll use between 1 and 4 a round unless I’m having one of those “hit it everywhere” rounds - then I count the number refreshments I have after!

Ping G425 LST Driver

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping G425 19deg Hybrid

Ping G430 irons 5-P, 45, 50

Taylormade MG3 wedges 54, 58

Ping Ketch Putter 34”

I usually have 2 dozen in my golf bag and I bought a 3 ball holder that hangs on my bag, I put the balls I used from the last round in there. It was a pain trying to find the balls I used last time in that pocket so I would end up with a pocket of used balls, now I play the same ones until I lose one or it gets damaged. 

Frank musolino