Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Mizuno Bioflex All Weather gloves

Kanoito

As you know, I purchased my set of MP59 a few months ago.

The store where I purchased the clubs installed the wrong grips on my wife's MP59.

As a form of compensation, they sent me 2 dozen of the old TM Penta balls (these probably require no review) and a few Mizuno Bioflex gloves (see picture attached).

I've used a couple of Mizuno gloves in the past and was always satisfied with feel, grip and comfort.

The Bioflex, however, fail miserably in 2 of the 3 aspects mentioned above.

Feel: Rubber? Plastic? I don't know what material are they made of, but they felt exactly like the gloves my wife uses to do the dishes. I wasn't expecting the softest feeling, since they are obviously not cabretta leather, but other manufacturers out there have done a good job with synthetic leather that this shouldn't be a hard task. The Bioflex kept me from feeling my grip and you could put a baseball bat in my hands I couldn't tell the difference!

Grip: At least the clubs were not slipping out of my hands :lol:

Comfort: These are supposed to be All Weather, right? So I took them out when it was about 59F and my hands felt like in a sauna after 3 holes. I can't imagine how unbearable they would be in a sunny day. Oh... and just for the record,my hands never sweat! With normal gloves, I could go all 18 holes and still feel the gloves dry from the inside.

Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend these gloves to anybody. I probably got them for free, because this model wasn't selling at all. It was a nice gesture coming from the Mizuno retailer, but the product was useless.

2012-07-29_18-59-04_901.jpg

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Steven, thanx for the heads up...I got three free gloves when I bought my MP-63s & 59s from the Mizuno retailer...My spring/fall/cool weather gloves are Titleist(basically Foot Joy) and I was going to use these for "practice" gloves...Unlke you, I sweat like a pig, so much so that during summer, from June-September, I wear the Foot Joy rain glove, cuz when it gets wet(my sweat), it gets tackier and the grip is great...

I'll just give 'em away to my buddies...lol...

Fairways & Grens 4ever.....

RP, are they the same model as mine? Because I've had a couple of Mizuno gloves previously and they were fine. If you got the Bioflex, try one on and you'll see what I'm talking about. Don't even have to play with them... just putting them on.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

The Thermagrip and Dualflex suck too. I love the Retroflex though.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Thanks for the heads up!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I recently started wearing a glove. I did not for a long time but lately, because it is so hot, I have started wearing one because of sweat. I put it on just to hit and then take it off again. I saw this Mizuno golf and thought, cool, I need to get one. Apparently not. Thanks Steven for the heads up I will save my money.

:ping-small: G430 LST 10. on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 Max 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: iCrossover 3i on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small:  iCrossover 4i  on Graphite Design ADDI 7S 

:ping-small:  i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90 S 

:vokey-small: SM9 54° & 58° on :truetemper: Wedge 

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 on :accra: White

:L.A.B.: LINK1on     T P T    Putter        (on order)

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

You are welcome. It would be interesting to know RP's opinion about it... cause I thought maybe it was just me?

Steven, thanx for the heads up...I got three free gloves when I bought my MP-63s & 59s from the Mizuno retailer...My spring/fall/cool weather gloves are Titleist(basically Foot Joy) and I was going to use these for "practice" gloves...Unlke you, I sweat like a pig, so much so that during summer, from June-September, I wear the Foot Joy rain glove, cuz when it gets wet(my sweat), it gets tackier and the grip is great...

I'll just give 'em away to my buddies...lol...

And ya know what's kinda funny is that he also gave me a Mizzy waterproof pull-over rain top & while it's sharp lookin(black/grey/white), and it is waterproof, it's a frickin sauna top...Seriously, I had it on about a month ago(it was upper 70s), and I don't know what was wetter, the outside of it exposed to the rain or the inside with my sweat...I literally sweat through a shirt which was dry when I put it on...

I think Mizzy's gotta work on their "all-weather" and rain gear....lol....

Fairways & Grens 4ever.....

I suffer the same problem in the summer! I'll have tip try the FJ all weather glove.

I used to use FJ gloves and IMO they were even worse. For me, they just didnt fit that well and the glove would bunch up on the palm when I took my grip.

Looks like I may need to try Nike gloves, even though they are a bit pricey.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Archived