Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

PXG Gen 7 Irons - 2024 Forum Review

1 hour ago, musicalmedicine said:

That’s awesome! With PXG offering everything in lefty variants, the customer service you’ve experienced, and their headquarters being a 15 minute drive from my house, they may have become a serious contender next time I’m looking to upgrade clubs.

I've mentioned this before, but I really appreciate how PXG always keeps left-handed golfers in mind. When I upgrade my irons next year, PXG will definitely be my choice.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

1 hour ago, Lefty11 said:

I've mentioned this before, but I really appreciate how PXG always keeps left-handed golfers in mind. When I upgrade my irons next year, PXG will definitely be my choice.

Their recent advertising has been a big push to lefties and women. A brilliant strategy of PXGs part. I had ESPN on earlier today and saw several advertisements for PXG. They're really pushing these Gen7s.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

6 hours ago, FallenSaber said:

Their recent advertising has been a big push to lefties and women. A brilliant strategy of PXGs part. I had ESPN on earlier today and saw several advertisements for PXG. They're really pushing these Gen7s.

For good reason in my opinion. So far they are really impressive. 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

On 8/28/2024 at 7:28 PM, Javs said:

I played my first round with the new PXG Gen 7’s with the MMT 105’s and the Sugar Daddy III wedges. image.jpeg.3fcdc1710766094d3bf1d62f3cb15c8d.jpegimage.jpeg.d415145bc26ba9d21d681b72f4b7d08f.jpegimage.jpeg.0880caa647032600d88c150e4fe9e95e.jpegimage.jpeg.f0f7279274f17f48410aec2a83053ca9.jpegimage.jpeg.1f2cde433eb482f8d21d6ff1eb77157a.jpegI shot 2 under par! Hit 13 greens and had 4 near greens in regulation. Only one time was I well off. Actually tried to force a shot from deep rough with a 6 iron where I normally would have hit a choke down 5 hybrid. I came up 15 yards short and in the deep rough. Pitched it to 4 feet and missed the putt. So, feedback on the clubs and shafts. Full disclaimer. I tweaked my back again on the opening drive. Played the round in pain and basically walking slowly on my right side all round. However, the PXG 7’s are extremely forgiving. The MMT 105 shafts were nice. So, playing with a hurt back I won’t be able to fully judge the distance comparison to my Titleist. Other than to say I hit the PXG’s the exact same distance. That tells me when healthy these clubs/shaft combo should be longer.  The huge difference was in dispersion. Many of my swings were not my best and they still flew the distance and I hit the green. I tend to over cook shots at times and those swings with this combo were just a high draw that was acceptable. Also the Gen 7’s were extremely forgiving. Since I hurt my back again and I am going on vacation next week, I am shutting it down till I get back. I hope to come back rested and healthy to give more detailed feedback. However, first impressions are this is an awesome club head and shaft combo for me!

awesome looking clubs and a great first outing, congrats

hope the back and injuryies aren't too bad. safe travels on the trip

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

13 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Long read ahead...

1pm - met at Cimmaron Hill CC with my fitter Gavin to check loft/lie.  I was coming in steeper than I have been but was still making pretty good contact after adjusting my setup distance to the ball.  Was hitting my 170yd 70-80ft in height and he was liking what he saw for the most part. Mentioned possibly taking out the 1 degree flat and back to standard to get that toe miss off the table. He will be gone for a few weeks but said to play and we would check back when he returned. 

I can't tell you how great the customer service and communication has been from the entire company. 

Now to the course and round this afternoon.  Shot a 75 but the score doesn't tell you how well the irons were doing today. Only 1 birdie on the card but missed 4 from 6ish foot.  These irons were shooting Darts!  

20240829_173259.jpg.bccd3860c7b6b9f4c13ff8ed8fe5b153.jpg

20240829_180943.jpg.f66f98b8471bf53817c3ab377d7762f5.jpg

20240829_181631.jpg.4c336b6bb1170761e424a918d420696e.jpg

very nice on the darts

even better on the great fitter experience 

really happy to hear that it's been lots of positive experiences with PXG for other folks as well.

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

16 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

These irons were shooting Darts! 

Pun intended? 😉

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

This weekend is a birthday weekend in my house with plenty of rain forecasted so it looks like any golf will be during naps and in the rain. Should be interesting.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

I have rounds scheduled for today and tomorrow afternoon and I'm looking forward to seeing how the irons perform.  I also got my Mevo+ stand and can now get down to the range and have it level every time without any issues.  What data are people interested in seeing?  I already plan on using 3 clubs from the PXG and the Srixons to show the difference in numbers.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

16 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I have rounds scheduled for today and tomorrow afternoon and I'm looking forward to seeing how the irons perform.  I also got my Mevo+ stand and can now get down to the range and have it level every time without any issues.  What data are people interested in seeing?  I already plan on using 3 clubs from the PXG and the Srixons to show the difference in numbers.  

@Josh Parker...I’m interested in ball speed, carry distance, and dispersion data if it´s not too much trouble.  Thanks!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

4 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

@Josh Parker...I’m interested in ball speed, carry distance, and dispersion data if it´s not too much trouble.  Thanks!

Easy enough with the Mevo+  

I plan on using PW, 8I, and 6I

5 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Easy enough with the Mevo+  

I plan on using PW, 8I, and 6I

Thank you @Josh Parker!  Best of luck with the testing. 

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

58 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Club speed, ball speed, smash, spin, carry, and aoa if possible.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

10 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Club speed, ball speed, smash, spin, carry, and aoa if possible.

All items I get on the Mevo+.

Happy to post stats

33 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

All items I get on the Mevo+.

Happy to post stats

I appreciate your efforts!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

Another two rounds played this weekend with the Gen 7's and I think the Srixons are on the way out.  I have doubled my height and kept the same distance with these clubs. 

I was getting a little quick today and had a few pulled shots, but overall I have seen better shot shape and stopping power. Looking forward to getting some hard data this week. 

14 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Another two rounds played this weekend with the Gen 7's and I think the Srixons are on the way out.  I have doubled my height and kept the same distance with these clubs. 

I was getting a little quick today and had a few pulled shots, but overall I have seen better shot shape and stopping power. Looking forward to getting some hard data this week. 

It sounds like you're achieving the results you were hoping for with the PXG irons. If I remember correctly, you were looking for a higher ball flight. You must be pleased with how it's turning out.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

Just now, Lefty11 said:

It sounds like you're achieving the results you were hoping for with the PXG irons. If I remember correctly, you were looking for a higher ball flight. You must be pleased with how it's turning out.

I really am. Being able to hit the ball high, having the stopping power, and not losing distance has been awesome. My playing partners have noticed the changes as well. 

33 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Are you also seeing better dispersion even on the misses?

Play like a champion today!

21 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I really am. Being able to hit the ball high, having the stopping power, and not losing distance has been awesome. My playing partners have noticed the changes as well. 

That’s great to hear! 👏🏼

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

7 minutes ago, Javs said:

Are you also seeing better dispersion even on the misses?

Yes, with the caveat of me not pulling it. My shot shape has been a slight fade and I don't hook the ball.  

15 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Yes, with the caveat of me not pulling it. My shot shape has been a slight fade and I don't hook the ball.  

I only was able to play the one round with the PXG Gen 7’s so far. In that round, I didn’t have my best stuff and my back was bothering me. Still managed a 2 under round. I hit 13 greens. Only 1 of the missed greens was way off target. That was because I tried to forced a 6 iron from deep rough from 180 out into the wind. I would have normally hit a choke down 5 hybrid from that lie. The rest of the time the ball flew great even on misses. I was hitting nice high tight draws. I was really surprised. Can’t wait to return from vacation and play some more with these irons. 

Edited by Javs

Today I was pleasantly surprised by only a 15 percent chance of rain down from the 80 percent chance that was originally forecasted. I hoped in the truck and went as fast as I could to the golf course to only get to the exit off the interstate and ALL 15 percent of that chance was falling on the golf course. So I decided to hit the local driving range. 
I had a really good session with all but my 6 iron. I think I was tired from just pounding balls by that time. I was stopped by a man that noticed my Maxfli hat and asked about the Maxfli tour balls as he had meant just yesterday to stop and pick up a dozen to try out. I just so happened to have 9 Maxfli tour x balls in my bag and told him to take the last 2 sleeves to try out. During the exchange I found out he is a fellow reader of MGS and I shared that I was currently a part of this test.   
He even gave the Gap wedge a try and was very impressed himself with the feel and control as he hit 4 out of 4 greens from about 80-100 yards out. I didn’t get the man’s name but told him to hop on and give us a shout so we will see. 

Edited by Coulter

1 minute ago, Coulter said:

Today I was pleasantly surprised by only a 15 percent chance of rain down from the 80 percent chance that was originally forecasted. I hoped in the truck and went as fast as I could to the golf course to only get to the exit off the interstate and ALL. 15 percent of that chance was falling on the golf course. So I decided to hit the local driving range. 
I had a really good session with all but my 6 iron. I think I was tired from just pounding balls by that time. I was stopped by a man that noticed my Maxfli hat and asked about the Maxfli tour balls as he had meant just yesterday to stop and pick up a dozen to try out. I just so happened to have 9 Maxfli tour x balls in my bag and told him to take the last 2 sleeves to try out. During the exchange I found out he is a fellow reader of MGS and I shared that I was currently a part of this test.   
He even gave the Gap wedge a try and was very impressed himself with the feel and control as he hit 4 out of 4 greens from about 80-100 yards out. I didn’t get the man’s name but told him to hop on and give us a shout so we will see. 

Small world!

14 minutes ago, Javs said:

I only was able to play the one round with the PXG Gen 7’s so far. In that round, I didn’t have my best stuff and my back was bothering me. Still managed a 2 under round. I hit 13 greens. Only 1 of the missed greens was way off target. That was because I tried to forced a 6 iron from deep rough from 180 out into the wind. I would have normally hit a choke down 5 hybrid from that lie. The rest of the time the ball flew great even on misses. I was hitting nice high tight draws. I was really surprised. Can’t wait to return from vacation and play some more with these irons. 

I have been really impressed so far!  

2 minutes ago, Javs said:

Small world!

That’s what I thought lol I had a really nice talk and glad to see MGS people in my area as most people I talk to look at me crazy when I ask them if they’ve heard of MGS.

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

I’m also seeing some more height which was one thing that I was really looking to gain with this test. It’s really satisfying to see!

2 minutes ago, Coulter said:

That’s what I thought lol I had a really nice talk and glad to see MGS people in my area as most people I talk to look at me crazy when I ask them if they’ve heard of MGS.

Yes, I tell all the golf nuts here about MGS. Not sure if they are signing up or not. However, I do mention it whenever I can. 

2 minutes ago, Javs said:

Yes, I tell all the golf nuts here about MGS. Not sure if they are signing up or not. However, I do mention it whenever I can. 

I manage to squeeze it in almost every conversation I have with someone new I meet in a golf setting. I’m pushing MGS like we have referral bonuses or something here lol

12 minutes ago, Coulter said:

I’m also seeing some more height which was one thing that I was really looking to gain with this test. It’s really satisfying to see!

In that round I played I was seeing a higher ball flight. I didn’t need more height, but it is still very penetrating. That’s what really amazed me the most. The extra height wasn’t ballooning it was still a penetrating flight.