2013 Nike Golf Live Stream (Reveal Thread)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

GolfSpy_T is at the "Live" event in Orlando covering all the new gear coming out of Nike Golf for 2013. In this thread there will be a "live stream" video (7 PM EST) for you to watch and GolfSpy_T will also be posting commentary here, facebook and twitter from the event.

Feel free to post your comments and questions as well.

#TruthDigest

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, I could probably find this out somewhere else, but would be great if someone could just tell me (I'm lazy): live feed is at 7pm Eastern, right? What time is it now (ET) - so I can work out what time that'll be down here on the sunny side of the earth ;)

Awesome, I could probably find this out somewhere else, but would be great if someone could just tell me (I'm lazy): live feed is at 7pm Eastern, right? What time is it now (ET) - so I can work out what time that'll be down here on the sunny side of the earth ;)

(It's 5:15 now)

Nike did a nice job hyping up this reveal.... I for one will be watching. Thanks guys!

• SPY VIP

Another teaser. Heading down in about an hour to see what Nike 2013, and most specifically the Covert Driver is all about.

non-stop.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Nike did a nice job hyping up this reveal.... I for one will be watching. Thanks guys!

Indeed.

I feel like one of those TAKE MY MONEY Apple fanboys right now...

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

The only think I know now that I did not know before I watched that was that I want to find out more.

Very nice Nike.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:mizuno-small: ST190 18° on Graphite Design AD DJ 70S 

:ping-small: G425 22°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

The insane amount of people reading this topic right now shows how well this marketing campaign has worked. Cudo's Nike, well done.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

• SPY VIP

Nike guys are telling me 2013 is legit. More excited than they've ever been...and I believe them.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

Be sure to check @mygolfspy on twitter for any pics. Mobile forum app won't let me post pics.

• SPY VIP

The most robust and exciting product line ever. @nikegolf president. Cindy Davis

Who is the lady dressed like my grandmother?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

We believe apparel is as important as equipment. - Cindy Davis.

Who is the lady dressed like my grandmother?

CEO of Nike Golf.

Guess I was expecting someone more athletic looking.

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

• SPY VIP

Nike Golf's momentum of non-stop innovation is on show in full force this week at the company's Global Innovation Summit in Orlando, Florida. The technology and design-filled event is being headlined by today's introduction of what promises to be an industry sensation. Nike Golf is the first in history to bring high-speed cavity back technology to a driver that conforms to USGA and R&A Rules.

This visually stunning iconic red driver stands out as the most innovative club Nike Golf has ever produced. Its three proprietary technology platforms: High Speed Cavity Back; FlexLoft adjustability; and NexCOR face, combine to create unprecedented distance, control and forgiveness.

In addition to dramatically enhancing performance, the VR_S Covert wow-inducing design and engineering also simplifies the consumer's retail experience, since the FlexLoft adjustability system allows for the driver to easily be changed to any loft and any face angle at any time. This creates 15 different options in one single club to meet the various swing characteristics of golfers.

“With the VR_S Covert we have created a game changing piece of technology that has already begun a growing industry buzz,” said Rob Arluna, Nike Golf's Global Golf Club Business Director. “It is visually exciting, it feels and sounds amazing and, most importantly, it creates powerful results with a high degree of control. Golfers and our Nike Golf Tour athletes are going to have a lot of fun with this driver.”

The High Speed Cavity Back in the VR_S Covert is a technology used in irons and now brought to drivers, fairways and hybrids for the first time by Nike Golf. This technology leads to more stability at impact, which delivers more energy to the ball, resulting in more distance and control. The Cavity Back is only visible from the sole view but is covered and hidden underneath by the crown to be more visually and pleasing at address – hence the name VR_S Covert. By incorporating this new hidden geometry into the driver, Nike Golf engineers have been able to move the weight of the club to the heel and toe of the golf club, raising Moment of Inertia (MOI) to increase forgiveness and add even more distance to off-center shots.

Nike Golf's FlexLoft is a simple pull, turn, and push/tighten mechanism that allows for an intuitive adjustment system. The patented Dual Axis adjustment allows golfers to choose their loft and face angle independently of each other by decoupling loft from face angle. This all leads to better ball flight for more distance as well as enhanced workability. This easy to use system gives the golfers 15 different options to suit their game and course conditions.

The NexCOR face technology featured in the VR_S Covert line is designed to deliver faster ball speed and longer shots from a wider area of the face. NexCOR creates more speed at impact by employing a variable face thickness that moves the sweet spot higher from the heel of the club to the center high, where most golfers are likely to make impact.

The VR_S Covert driver will be available in golf stores throughout North America and Europe on February 8, 2013 and in the rest of world starting on February 15, 2013. The driver will be offered in two models, the VR_S Covert Tour and VR_S Covert. The VR_S Covert Tour is 430cc and features a deeper face and a fixed weight screw. The VR_S Covert is 460cc and has a wider breadth. Both models will come with Mitsubishi Rayon's new Kuro Kage shafts that are produced with higher carbon fiber density for superior control and power.

Key Technologies:

• High Speed Cavity Back – Industry First in a conforming driver.
  • FlexLoft Adjustability System – Any Loft. Any Face Angle. One Club for All.
  • NexCor – The New Face of Speed.

Nike VR_S Covert Tour 430cc

Available: 2/8/2013

FlexLoft Adjusts: 8.5-12.5

Kuro Kage 60s Shaft Flex: R, S, X

Street Price: $399.00

Nike VR_S Covert 460cc

Available: 2/8/2013

FlexLoft Adjusts: 8.5-12.5

Kuro Kage 50s Shaft Flex: W, A, R, S, X

Street Price: $299.00

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

We've completely redesigned what Performance looks like.

Cavities in fairway woods and hybrids too.

Dual axis system. Loft independent of face angle. 8.5 - 12.5 degrees. Dial in loft, then face angle. 15 drivers in one.

• SPY VIP

Only two heads at retail. Right-handed, left handed. No mention of pro model during the presentation.

• SPY VIP

Much much more to come tomorrow. For now, it all sounds good, but we shall see. And damn...it's really loud in here.

Wow. That's NOT what I was expecting.

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Much much more to come tomorrow. For now, it all sounds good, but we shall see. And damn...it's really loud in here.

Probably the fairway and hybrid one would expect along with the ball, shoes and clothes?

The fairway is in the facebook pictures but not the hybrid.

Curious as to whether the new forged wedges they were talking about a number of months ago are going to be part of this as well.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived