Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

NEW NIKE AD - NO CUP IS SAFE (Tiger & Rory)

GolfSpy_X

A clever campaign will draw the attention of the target audience and will have a subliminal message that at first (and even second) glance is not obvious. This ad has several that they can build on as the season progresses.

The flow on effect for NIKE is that anyone with internet access will look up nike.com and not only look at the golf section (which takes a little effort to find) but all the other components of the NIKE web site. If you are a net junkie and buy everything online (like me) then you will more than likely purchase something that you may or may not need. If not the subliminal message is implanted and the next time you go shopping, NIKE will stand out like Elvis in Maccas.

From a golf perspective, I can bet that even those who do not like NIKE, for what ever reason will seriously consider purchasing one of their clubs in 2013.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Hi spies

I see that Mark Crossfield and a friend made a spoof of the ad. Pretty funny, but not near as good as the original. Crossfield is the guy that does alot of reviews and instruction videos on youtube.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2013/1/16/tiger-rory-ad-already-spoofed.html

And I also read that Tiger and Rory wasn't doing the ad together because of schedule clashes. Rory's part was shot first, and Tiger's was shot a few days after. According to this article anyway...

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8849162/tiger-woods-rory-mcilroy-shoot-nike-commercial-together

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

Hi spies

I see that Mark Crossfield and a friend made a spoof of the ad. Pretty funny, but not near as good as the original. Crossfield is the guy that does alot of reviews and instruction videos on youtube.

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2013/1/16/tiger-rory-ad-already-spoofed.html

And I also read that Tiger and Rory wasn't doing the ad together because of schedule clashes. Rory's part was shot first, and Tiger's was shot a few days after. According to this article anyway...

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8849162/tiger-woods-rory-mcilroy-shoot-nike-commercial-together

Their spoof is pretty funny. Mark does some pretty good reviews.

Hi spies

Nice finds spar, loved the spoof

I really like Crossfield and his stuff. I'll know that the world is really changing if I see a Nike Tour Bag in the background & Mark starts talkin bout & baggin the Vr Pro Blades.

Oh Boy. HaHa, Maddie jokingly said that Crossfield switched last night, lol(she's a Nike Staffer)

Seriously though, I may start hittin their ball. I mean, she gave 2 dozen of the S's.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

The original 20XI was largely panned due to the feel (I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it). The new version is a very big upgrade in terms of feel and sound with very similar performance (actually better for me). It is the clubhouse leader for my gamer ball for 2013.

Review coming soon.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Thanks for the Spoof Link, sparnar.

That was tastefully done......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just saw the commercial for the first time today. This is really funny, but I don't think either of them was feeling that way today at Dubai....

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Archived