Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

General Electric Tour - To Replace Nationwide Tour

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

General Electric is in discussions with the PGA Tour about a sponsorship package that could include title sponsorship of its developmental tour, according to industry sources.

Nationwide has been the title sponsor of the developmental tour for the last eight years. Its deal is set to expire after the 2012 season, and the Columbus-based insurance carrier notified the PGA Tour last month that it would not renew.

The tour immediately started seeking a replacement.

If the tour and GE come to an agreement for the title sponsorship, the deal could begin before 2013, the sources said. Nationwide pays $10 million annually for the title sponsorship.

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/67081

#TruthDigest

I haven't heard anything about them pulling out of NASCAR.. but to be honest, I haven't been following it real close for a few years. With Dale E's death, and Little E's self destruction on the track, I've just kind of lost interest.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I haven't heard anything about them pulling out of NASCAR.. but to be honest, I haven't been following it real close for a few years. With Dale E's death, and Little E's self destruction on the track, I've just kind of lost interest.

My best friend's dad was a HUGE Dale Sr. fan... he's basically the only driver I truly "know". I know of Johnson and Gordon and Stewart, but not anywhere near as much as #3. I never really paid attention to Jr., but yeah, when 3 died, I lost interest, as well.

Archived