Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Lajosi custom shaft bands and Lizsert DD-201

sandbagger

I have long believed that Kari makes some of the most unique as well as beautiful putters and accesories in the world. I provided no inspiration for the phenomenal shaft bands you see below(Damascus,BeCu,AlBz) . However, not long ago, I did ask if he'd ever considered doing a putter with an insert in the form of one of his propriatery logos? What you see below is the result. Kari has some mad skills my friends!!!

The putters pictured are carbon DD-201's with "True Spiral" face milling and Kari's lizard logo/mascot insert or what has been aptly dubbed "Lizsert". I should have finished pics. of the heads up soon. They just got back from their black-ox bath and are being paintfilled as I type...

Damascus Lizard Shaft Band-6.jpg

Damascus Lizard Shaft Band-9.jpg

Lajosi Shaft Band-1.jpg

Lajosi Shaft Band-5.jpg

DD201 -Lizard insert-3.jpg

Copper Inlay-1.jpg

Copper Inlay-3.jpg

Copper Inlay-5.jpg

They are different class

Stuart

Follow me on TWITTER @StuartRust81 or work @OTproshop

Currently in my bag;

Scotty Cameron Newport oil can

All my other clubs are up for sale in the Proshop

New clubs on Order

TaylorMade R1 Driver

RBZ 2 Fairway adjustable

RBZ 2 Hybrid adjustable

RocketBladez Tour

ATV wedges

Matt, You are correct, I have not had a chance to roll one yet! There should be one headed my way, so once I get the opportunity, I will provide feedback.

The insert is copper(actually TeCu)I too am curious as to wheather or not feel will change(even if ever so slightly)on direct ball to insert strikes VS. those that are not?

In the near future, I will be asking Kari to make me a damascus Bayzie-HSM(heel shafted mallet). With the nature of the damascus Kari has on hand being carbon and ss I may very well request that he use some of his VASS(vacuum annealed ss) and do something very similar to the above! How cool would that be? All I'd have to do then is figure out how to change the pennies in the jar to dollars and I'll be all set :lol: :unsure:

Tim, the idea is purely a cosmetic endeavor. I hear what your saying, and Kari being the type of fella he is, I can assure you the feedback is highly valued...without a doubt. There were zero performance considerations with this option, more of a 'WOW,Thats Cool' factor is/was the intention. There are so many fantastic makers out there doing new things, sometimes a cosmetic/aesthetic appeal seems to fill a void? This is just another option(hopefully)that will turn some heads Kari's direction and give his customers another true custom or one-off option.

Options abound, IMO Kari offers without a doubt the highest level of customization available today. Kari will even take a customers own unique design and make their putter for them...no questions asked. During the CAD to greenlight process he may make some suggestions with regard to cog or balance, that's about it. To be honest, it's interesting to note how reasonble(respective to the world of custom putters)the price is on a project such as this!

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Rog

Tim, the idea is purely a cosmetic endeavor. I hear what your saying, and Kari being the type of fella he is, I can assure you the feedback is highly valued...without a doubt. There were zero performance considerations with this option, more of a 'WOW,Thats Cool' factor is/was the intention. There are so many fantastic makers out there doing new things, sometimes a cosmetic/aesthetic appeal seems to fill a void? This is just another option(hopefully)that will turn some heads Kari's direction and give his customers another true custom or one-off option.

Options abound, IMO Kari offers without a doubt the highest level of customization available today. Kari will even take a customers own unique design and make their putter for them...no questions asked. During the CAD to greenlight process he may make some suggestions with regard to cog or balance, that's about it. To be honest, it's interesting to note how reasonble(respective to the world of custom putters)the price is on a project such as this!

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Rog

I love the lizard look, but upon closer look the hosel isn't my favorite. I'd prefer a clean line if Kari is looking for feedback.

So, one piece is the look you'd be after, I assume that is what you mean by "clean line"? If so, no problem, as in a one-piece plumbers neck? This particular head was used as a 'proto' for the fitting of the "Lizsert"...hence the weld neck. As a proto, often times weld necks are used to finish the head on a project in order to minimize waste...

Personally, I like the weld neck as it reminds me of an 'old school' mentality! I certainly can and do see how some prefer a 'cleaner' look, and the cnc can certainly be used to achieve that. For me the melding of technology, and 'the way it used to be' is where it's at?!

BTW-If requested, a weld neck can be cleaned up to the point(previous to finishing)it would be nearly un-noticable to the un-trained eye...

Archived