Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2014 Alial Fital - Matching Options for Juniors!

SPY ZINGER

ALIAL FITAL OFFERS A JUNIOR LINE

P22.jpg

About two years ago, Golfspy Tim introduced you to Alial Fital.  Based in Seattle, Washington, they're a company founded in 2011, by a former NFL Quarterback, Gibran Hamdon.  Alial, and Fital are the first names of Hamdon's mother and father, spelled backwards.  Alial Fital is a boutique company offering premium golf shirts with a twist at the top, they've got a contrasting dress-shirt collar.  Additionally, each shirt is a limited edition of sorts because there is only 100 made of each color/style combination.  Once they're gone, they're gone.  The likelihood that you'll ever run into someone wearing the shirt you purchase is improbable.  By now you know, I like this aspect of a golf apparel company.  I am just not a big-box, mass market guy.

IMG_4100.JPG

Through social media, I noticed Alial Fital was offering something different that I have not seen much of at all, especially in golf apparel.  This past month, Alial Fital launched two shirt selections with a matching junior line.  A father/son combination.  As a father myself, I thought this option was a fantastic idea and wanted the opportunity to share a matching shirt with my 18 month old son.  It's a concept that's not only unique and rare, it's simply fun to do on occasion.

The first release color-combinations are offered in two options, the “Brian Evans” & “Desert Pop”.  The junior options come in sizes 2-4T and 6-8 ($48).  The junior shirts fit pretty true to size.  The adult options ($85) also fit true to size which is a departure from the original slim fitting Alial Fital selections.

P37.JPG

Speaking of sizing, Alial Fital has what I believe to be one of the best online fitting tools in the industry.  They've really spent a great deal of time and effort on this application.  It does a great job ensuring you're ordering the proper fit shirt.  This is important to their customer base because the only place to buy Alial Fital shirts is online.  In this fitting application, you enter both your height and weight.  Additionally, you pick from a database of shirt manufacturers and select the size of that specific shirt that fits you the best.  For example, I selected size large from Puma as my model for sizing preference as I believe that size and manufacturer fits me the best.  It's a nice tool, and very accurate in determining which size is right for you.  Just look for the green button when ordering.

IMG_4098.JPG

Alial Fital has two shirt styles, “Original Cut” and “Golf Cut”.  The Golf Cut option is your standard, American cut, true to size, room for a belly, style.  The Original Cut is a slim fitting option for those that prefer that fit.  It's about one size down from the Golf cut in the same-labeled size.  As a size large, I would require an XL in the Original Cut for a comparable fit in the Golf Cut.  I can wear a size large in an Original Cut shirt; it just shows off the fellas a little more. 

P56.JPG

This was my first experience with an Alial Fital shirt and I came away impressed with the fit, construction, and overall quality of their product.  This is a premium shirt offering that competes well with the top golf shirts in the industry.  Aside from the quality product offering, Alial Fital has an evident history of loyal repeat customers and continued excellent customer service.  Before PGA Tour Player, Bo Van Pelt was an Alial Fital ambassador; he was one of their best [paying] customers. 

IMG_4104.JPG

Personally, I believe the contrasting collar to be an attractively unique look to a golf shirt.  But even more so, the cotton dress-shirt construction of the collar left me impressed and is a feature I desire in a golf shirt.  The body of the shirt is constructed of moisture wicking and UV protectant - 92% Micropoly, 8% spandex.  I prefer the material, and structured look of the collar that maintains stature wash after wash.  They're great shirts, and ranging in price from $60 to $145, which is appropriate in the market, given their premium quality/construction.  However you can often find options at $50 or less during sales.  Check out their Facebook page too, as they give one shirt away every Tuesday.

IMG_4094.jpg

At the 2014 PGA Show this past week, there is a push from the PGA of America to make golf more fun while finding ways to engage juniors in the game.  While a matching shirt or outfit combination is not going to foster Alan Kournikova skill in your junior, it certainly is another fun way to connect with them while exposing them to golf.  It's fun, it's family, and it's definitely unique.  You're not going to spend $48 on every shirt for your child, but having this one option available is kind of special, once you experience it.

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/alialfital

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/alialfital

Posted Image

I have ordered many shirts and love the fit and style.  You can go extremely bold or get a simple color style.  Huge fan!

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

Archived