Putter Stamps Gone Wild!

• SPY VIP

Putter stamping has become big business. It has become one of the most popular way to personalize a putter.

BUT...

What are your thoughts on stamping a putter? Is it now being over done? Do you like hand stamping?

LET'S HEAR YOUR OPINION AND SHOW OFF YOUR PUTTERS THAT HAVE BEEN CUSTOM STAMPED!

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like stampings that are done to personalize a putter, but nothing over the top, stamping everywhere you have open metal!... A stamp here and there can be done very tastefully

Owning a putter company I have to give my two cents. LOL

1. Some people put a few miner stamps, maybe a nickname or statement. They are happy on down the road.

2. The guys that go overboard on the stamps eventually end up ordering another putter with much less stamping saying that their first one was too busy. I try and tell everyone I talk to about this, but in the end it is up to them.

3. I do not like snow either.

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

• SPY VIP

I am not a fan of the super-stamped putter either. Nor snow. However, I love the creative ways that stamping can make a putter suit the owner. Another thing to think about, and stir up the debate is engraving. Some like it, some do not. I have a Byron coming with an engraved surfboard in the cavity. Looks cool to me, but not everyone agrees. Sort of like choosing a putter in the first place.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Wow, I'm very surprised to find people who agree with me about hating snow (I always hate snow on putters, but I hate on the ground much more right now).

I like hand stamping and engraving. I think it offers the opportunity to make a putter more personal and it adds fun. One thing I don't like is the idea that stamps make a putter more valuable or more collectable (i.e. "this stamp is only going to be put on 10 putters, so it's really valuable"). That's not something I would pay for, ever. A putter's value/price, IMO, comes from the quality of the craftsmanship, headshape, material, etc.

Here's the stamping I have on all my customs (more or less). I like to put my name on them to keep me from hoing, and I think it just looks good on 006-style bumpers (I am Tiger Woods).

7774b8cab48839631267510088.jpeg

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I believe that after we have 50 posts we shall see that over 80% of the membership agrees that SNOW is one of the weaker stampings you can have done to personalize your flat stick! I know I feel that way as well.

:( Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

Black Label Johnny...LOL...this is hilarious! I was just listening to the show. Is this Gary? LOL!

I like stamping... makes it personal and/or one of a kind.

Here is mine. I'm sending it in again, different shop, for my new baby's name stamped.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

BaBa Booey... TaTa Toothy... FaFa Fooey, one in the same. The great Gary Dell'Abate. I listen everyday. Not looking forward to the end of the year.

Off subject... I'm JohnRandolph918 on twitter... Not sure if i posted the links to this site correctly.

Cheers,

Johnny

MaMa Monkey ... sorry, couldn't resist :wub:

Posted Image
  • SPY VIP

Wow, I'm very surprised to find people who agree with me about hating snow (I always hate snow on putters, but I hate on the ground much more right now).

I like hand stamping and engraving. I think it offers the opportunity to make a putter more personal and it adds fun. One thing I don't like is the idea that stamps make a putter more valuable or more collectable (i.e. "this stamp is only going to be put on 10 putters, so it's really valuable"). That's not something I would pay for, ever. A putter's value/price, IMO, comes from the quality of the craftsmanship, headshape, material, etc.

Here's the stamping I have on all my customs (more or less). I like to put my name on them to keep me from hoing, and I think it just looks good on 006-style bumpers (I am Tiger Woods).

Sweet stick Matt.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

The putters I personally own.. The less the better. When I look down I don`t want to see any stamping.This is my favorite putter

Good to see you here, Steve :blink:

Posted Image