2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

Those look like fun to mess around with.

Have you hit them?

Not yet.  Want to clean them up a bit and figure out grips before I do.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Posted (edited)

I bought a snell sample pack.

5/06/2024=  played nine with the snell prime 2.0 and nice with the 3.0 today.  The 2.0 is longer but doesn't have as much spin as the 3.0.  Both balls wear very well.  Hit the cart path several times and neither ball had noticable marks.  I'm going to test the 4.0 on Wednesday.  So far I love the balls for the price.  The 2.0 reminds me of a srixon super soft  and the 3.0 an AVX.

Edited by Langstonha
To update my sample tests.

Titleist 718, scotty, PXG

4 hours ago, Langstonha said:

I bought a snell sample pack.

The new Primes? Come back with your thoughts vs your current ball after a few rounds. Thx

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

PXG 0211   2021 model #7 wood.    The endless search for the perfect configuration continues...

In My Bag

Driver- Cobra LTDZ-LS- IM 10 Stiff-  Alternating w/ Mizuno STX 230

Fwy- Tour Edge C722 #5 turned down to 16.5,   PXG 0211- #7

Utility- Maltby KE 4 Tour 22 Degree

Irons- Maltby TS-1 IM- Aldila NV Iron- #5-#6-75 gram, #7-8-9  85 Gram,  PW-GW   95 Gram

Wedges- Maltby TSW 54- 58

Putter- TP- Mills- Nellie Anvil Stainless,  David Mills IV workshop, 

Ball- TM- TP 5,  Bridgestone Brxs

9 hours ago, johngschulz said:

I bought a new (used) putter… not sure how it happened… okay that’s a lie, just the usual eBay perusing leading to last second bids 😂

This article about the “PUTTER SHOPPING DO’S AND DON’TS” just came out and was prominent in my email inbox this morning… I feel attacked.

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/putter-shopping-dos-and-donts/?utm_source=mygolfspy.beehiiv.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=don-t-make-these-mistakes

Currently testing Ping S159 Wedges!

10 minutes ago, johngschulz said:

This article about the “PUTTER SHOPPING DO’S AND DON’TS” just came out and was prominent in my email inbox this morning… I feel attacked.

https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/putter-shopping-dos-and-donts/?utm_source=mygolfspy.beehiiv.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=don-t-make-these-mistakes

apropos! I'm on my 3rd putter this season... 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Team center shaft! @RaRa Golf and @johngschulz - have you guys used center shafted putters before? I tried one and I couldn't find a lot of consistency out of it but those look sweet.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Picked up the Impact Snap swing trainer about a week and a half ago.  Something I can use indoors each day when I need a break from the computer at work.  So far helping me with ensuring a good impact position since my weakness with irons is becoming a scooper at times especially with my wedges.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

8 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Team center shaft! @RaRa Golf and @johngschulz - have you guys used center shafted putters before? I tried one and I couldn't find a lot of consistency out of it but those look sweet.

No first center shafted putter I've tried.

I went from thinking I liked the look of a center shaft, to actually hating it, to then falling in love with it... YMMV for sure.

I love a soft insert like the White Hot's offer, and the Ping has a slightly clickier/harder feel off the face, but I can't argue with the roll. 

The more I use it, the more I like it. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball original / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

For sure! I have a SeeMore Putter in my Florida bag. I roll it well, but it was a little light for my taste as an everyday gamer. The Kinloch has a heavier head and bigger footprint which I’m excited about! I used the SeeMore kinda like a training aid for working on a less arced stroke.

image.jpeg.520ecd8c7c4249846037f6a67ebbee10.jpeg

Gimmicky video, but SeeMore was originally suggested to me at a Club Champion fitting. When I went back some years later using the same gamer (white hot #7) my angle at impact was 0* every putt. Used by Zach Johnson and THE Payne Stewart.

https://youtu.be/Oof7U8LBJXw

Edited by johngschulz

Currently testing Ping S159 Wedges!

Posted (edited)

Saw this on the course the other day. The guys wife riding with him called it his "pecker putter" and said it's the only one he ever owned.

20240430_104056.jpg.d5a2630a927ea94af053c2acfc16bd95.jpg

20240430_104101.jpg.c9288835d8d93a771b68f3e0ec655b24.jpg

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I just went back to metals after playing a Louisville Golf 2,4,5,7-wood persimmon set.

As I mentioned on another thread, my last set of metals were Titleist PTs.

I hit the new clubs well on the simulator.  

Haven't taken them to the course yet.

Finally picked up a new bag - grabbed a Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid in black/black the other day. It's due to arrive tomorrow, which gives me time to get it all set up before our scholarship scramble on Sunday.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

13 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Golo S Scotty is my center shafted gamer. just picked up a Phantom 5S center shaft to try as well. FYI my putter stroke is as close to possible straight back and hrough. 

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

5 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

I continue to be blessed by my buddy who works in the golf industry. He has sent me many products for free or insanely cheap in the past and this most recent shipment might be the best yet.

A few weeks ago he sent me a picture of a Titleist U505 2-iron and asked if I'd be interested. I said absolutely without having to think twice. I currently have a G425 Crossover 2-iron in the bag, but I wasn't in love with it. Shaft was slightly too stiff for me and I didn't love the look at address. Meanwhile this U505 looks beautiful and has a Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S shaft in it. 

IMG_6657.jpg.3af714cdeb60f615526764cdd879bcd5.jpg

IMG_6659.jpg.8aaea9776fc521f0dc0f901c2bf1ea1c.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg.19a95a6579e3fd8dce03e199bf1db54e.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg.c667f08c49fbf3d23e36937d1b0fb56e.jpg

I recently got a new 3-wood with a red Ventus Velocore shaft in it and it's been my new favorite club. I told him to keep an eye out for a Ventus blue driver shaft because if I'm hitting my 3-wood this good, I can only imagine it would help my driving too, right?! Long story short he found one, threw a ping tip on it and sent it out with the 2-iron above.

IMG_6662.jpg.1d70df165fa8c24c9252ee2ec1c95449.jpg

The box arrived yesterday and I was very excited to get my hands on the new 2-iron and driver shaft. Then to my surprise, I opened the box and saw a bunch more extra gifts! He threw in a dozen golf balls including the new Callaway Chrome Tour and Chrome Tour X balls, as well as some TaylorMade TP5s. He also included two brand new Titleist Players gloves in my size, a Titleist hat and last but definitely not least... a Greyson polo in my size.

IMG_6653.jpg.3d24f8c26d6d3309c3b4d230e22c3026.jpg

I'm over the moon and it feels like Christmas morning with all these new toys. Super excited to put the new driver shaft and 2-iron into play this weekend. Hoping they provide me with the results I'm expecting!

Sheesh @Byrnzee.. we all need buddies like that! Lucky guy!

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft