What have you bought lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

1 hour ago, Syks7 said:

I've been playing the divides since they came out.  Love them.  They're great to putt with and I've found that it helps me to look at the yellow side when I'm lining up a tee shot.  Also high on my list is that I've not had a single person at an LA muni try to play my ball yet.  I can't tell you how many times that happened playing the all white ones or ProVs.

I appreciate the feedback! How are they to look at from a fairway lie, where you're looking at more yellow than white or vice versa?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate the feedback! How are they to look at from a fairway lie, where you're looking at more yellow than white or vice versa?

Zero issue hitting them, even when you can see both sides.  I suppose it might be weird if it was a perfectly even split split, but in most cases one side of color is clearly more dominant than the other when it comes to rest.  So you're either going to hit a mostly white or mostly yellow ball.  The only issue I've had is training myself to look for both colors when searching.  

• Like 6

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red  

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- TT Elevate Tour 

:mizuno-small: MP60 3/PW Nippon Modus 115

:mizuno-small: T22 52° -- TT Elevate Tour 

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour 

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV Divide

On 4/23/2022 at 12:32 PM, Grand Stranded said:

For my money, there isn’t a better deal dollar for dollar than going down the street and playing Heritage.

Used to love that place have not played it in a while------ My favorite public courses on the South end are Founders and Pawleys Plantation---- My all time favorite is Deboridu. One of my buds was the assistant Pro and the other one was over the bag drop guys. What was funny almost none of the members played that much so during the week it was pretty much wide open. And even though most of the members are super rich they do not act stuck up or entitled they act like regular folks.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

On 4/23/2022 at 5:35 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Lol Bobby,

I was gunna post up on my new irons, and started ready the comments and had to double check to see if I was in the right catagory…

anyways, got my new p770/p790 combo set. Oh, and cool new iron covers.

Lots of pics and thoughts in the shiny metal section.

86CB61F4-CDFE-4A14-845F-332AF41BA217.jpeg.8fe3189f06b0badc13dd9874c33518f1.jpeg98D5786C-7EFC-4CF7-9EB5-13CB35EDE7A9.jpeg.21eb1de41676c36a9b9ee5ab321ddbb6.jpeg9EEC962D-7769-4424-A975-E72E09B1BD50.jpeg.5287a86ca3b8c7b11f4e9cc842ac468f.jpeg

Nice sticks--- One of my Scramble partners has those Craftsman Golf Iron covers but his are different from yours. Which all joking aside if I were to use iron covers that brand is what I would use

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

Bought dozen of Pro-V1x to try out and titleist rope hat 

• Like 7

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 4/28/2022 at 8:28 PM, BIG STU said:

Used to love that place have not played it in a while------ My favorite public courses on the South end are Founders and Pawleys Plantation---- My all time favorite is Deboridu. One of my buds was the assistant Pro and the other one was over the bag drop guys. What was funny almost none of the members played that much so during the week it was pretty much wide open. And even though most of the members are super rich they do not act stuck up or entitled they act like regular folks.

When I first moved down, that was the course everyone talked about. A guy I know played there about 12 years ago and said he met retired  General Oliver North in the pro shop.

I’d love to get the chance to play there someday…

• Like 4

:ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

:ping-small: G425 Max 14.5*

:cleveland-small: Hy-wood 18*

:cleveland-small: Launcher XL 21* 

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 5-DW 

:cleveland-small: CBX2 56*  Smart Sole 4 C

L.A.B. Golf DF2.1 BGT Stability Tour Black 65* 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

On 4/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

LOL..Well I have a pretty wide wheelhouse, so sometimes it misses something.

Just like the purchase I made early this morning on classifieds from WRX on something athat at first glance is no where near myu specs.     PING G425 LST 9 degree with Tour 70  X Stiff shaft.    But as always I have a plan, to make it fit me just right! 

OHHH a Tour 70 X Stiff------ Oh my aching back just thinking about that.

And I am sure you have a plan just like I would have change that rebar

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/28/2022 at 8:55 PM, 03trdblack said:

Found a Ping Anser Dalehead putter at a Play It Again Sports. Pretty good find. 

1650937740405.jpg.dc9d43e0555fad446bc92d59ef70bbf8.jpg

And to boot it has dings and bag chatter to boot---- Adds character and street creed if you ask me--- Please tell me you stole it price wise because it was beat up and they had no idea of what they had

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

And to boot it has dings and bag chatter to boot---- Adds character and street creed if you ask me--- Please tell me you stole it price wise because it was beat up and they had no idea of what they had

Oh, I definitely stole it. It was priced like any other run of the mill anser. I'm actually going to take it out and use it in my round today, it feels amazing. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

My bag is a revolving door!

Latest Purchases. 4 dozen left dash pro v1x, Mizuno 221/223 irons and Bushnell Launch Pro & GungHo golf Holy Grail 4x9 mat.  Love all except the mat but that’s only because it has not arrived yet. Expect that I will like it too. 

• Like 5

Larry A. Merrick 

1 minute ago, ParFore74x said:

It’s that time of year here in Iowa. Everyone starts cleaning out their basements and garages. That means that I acquired a Ping Anser 2 for a whopping $5 today. It took a little cleaning but looks to be in great shape overall. 

CBF681B8-38D0-4355-AA1E-9C69162A63CD.jpeg

EC2404B2-F4BE-43E1-AA2D-D8D20CDA2D8C.jpeg

B037461E-E038-430F-B225-9ADA30FFBC89.jpeg

Well spent $5.00!!

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 4/28/2022 at 4:30 PM, CarlH said:

image.jpeg.7a92385acbd232c9551fa2b9614df20d.jpeg

My wife sent me this yesterday!!  😂

• Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/22/2022 at 11:17 AM, Kenny B said:

I've been happy with my Heavenwood for the few days I've gamed it.  Soooo, why does that give me confidence that I can hit the Epic Max 3W?  Well, here's hoping that I can.  Ordered it yesterday.  This could change my game... I just don't know if it will be for the better or worse.  

Well, the Callaway Epic Max 3W came on Thursday but too late to take it out for a spin.  Then on Friday my wife and I played in a charity scramble so I took it; why not, we weren't going to use many of my shots anyway.  Wowsers!  This is by far the easiest 3W I have ever hit off turf... I need more time with it though!  It also is longer than my Heavenwood, so this could completely change the top end of my bag.  I may need one more club in the 23-25º range; maybe 9W or a hybrid.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Well, the Callaway Epic Max 3W came on Thursday but too late to take it out for a spin.  Then on Friday my wife and I played in a charity scramble so I took it; why not, we weren't going to use many of my shots anyway.  Wowsers!  This is by far the easiest 3W I have ever hit off turf... I need more time with it though!  It also is longer than my Heavenwood, so this could completely change the top end of my bag.  I may need one more club in the 23-25º range; maybe 9W or a hybrid.

I say go for the 9 wood I played mine on and off when I got cold in the long iron department. My 7 wood has been in the bag ever since it was new. Since my accident ironically 2 years ago today and my start back playing golf it has been in the bag. It hits easy and I do not have to strain myself. I do not get along with hybrids per say but I recommend anything in the 23 25 . my 9 wood hits it in the middle at 24*.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I say go for the 9 wood I played mine on and off when I got cold in the long iron department. My 7 wood has been in the bag ever since it was new. Since my accident ironically 2 years ago today and my start back playing golf it has been in the bag. It hits easy and I do not have to strain myself. I do not get along with hybrids per say but I recommend anything in the 23 25 . my 9 wood hits it in the middle at 24*.

The Callaway 9W is 23º which might be just right.  The Heavenwood is 20º but has a shaft a little longer than their 5W.  The way I'm hitting these FW, I may not use a hybrid... first time ever!!  My longest iron is 24º... 6i for my Bridgestones and 4i for my Macgregors.  😂

• Like 5