Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I have no balls....

dhayse32

While its a bit hard for me to believe you gained 15 yards I do believe it's a good ball and I will try it. We shall see if it's all it stacks up to be. My guess is I will end up going back to my uber cheap 2015 ProV1X

I can confirm that I also got at least 15-20 yards more off the driver with the Snell ball. Around the greens, perform just as good as the prov1x. It's raining like crazy right now so I can't go test my Snell balls against the mg c4's I just got but it should be interesting to say the least.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I can confirm that I also got at least 15-20 yards more off the driver with the Snell ball. Around the greens, perform just as good as the prov1x. It's raining like crazy right now so I can't go test my Snell balls against the mg c4's I just got but it should be interesting to say the least.

Apparently I need to buy some Snells and sign up for the long drive tour. I can tell my buddies Jeff Flagg and Connor Powers to move over.

I guess I really will order some Snells tomorrow. Y'all have peaked my interest.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Technically I don't think they were ever released. It's the version Phil plays(or at least something similar). Callaway doesn't want to advertise a super cheap version of their ball so why not sell the lot to MG to keep from a loss on the material. Win win for both companies in my mind.

I am shocked Callaway wouldn't just try to sell them for $40 themselves!

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

I am shocked Callaway wouldn't just try to sell them for $40 themselves!

If they chose to do that, they would be competing with the "Chrome" & "Chrome Soft" in an already flooded Callaway golfball market.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Apparently I need to buy some Snells and sign up for the long drive tour. I can tell my buddies Jeff Flagg and Connor Powers to move over.

I guess I really will order some Snells tomorrow. Y'all have peaked my interest.

I've seen these claims before and always laughed because it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't put it if it weren't true. I said off the tee meaning driver. There's some noticeable gains with the other clubs but maybe 4-5 yards at the most. The driver though.... 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

I've seen these claims before and always laughed because it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't put it if it weren't true. I said off the tee meaning driver. There's some noticeable gains with the other clubs but maybe 4-5 yards at the most. The driver though....

I agree, Its just longer, it may be more roll, better launch characteristics, or something, but it just goes farther. I hope that you all have the same results that I have seen with my use of it.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Why do I get the same results with a five dollar Pro V1x or a buck and a quarter DT SoLo?   

Or a Bridgestone E Series?.  Or Dick's current version of my beloved Spalding Top Flite?

Or a Maxfli?  Or any major name brand ball?

When there were wound balls, I knew that I didn't like them, whether they were covered in balata or surlyn in those pre urethane days. Once those were all off the shelf, however, the ball never had much effect on my game.

That might be understandable for a thirteen, but the same was true when I was an eight. 

If I have to buy a sleeve in the pro shop, I'll buy the Pro V1x.  People know me there.

When I have plenty of my own ammo with me, however, I probably bought it at Dick's and it's probably Top Flite Gamer Tours.  I wish my game were good enough for the ball to matter.

Why do I get the same results with a five dollar Pro V1x or a buck and a quarter DT SoLo?   

Or a Bridgestone E Series?.  Or Dick's current version of my beloved Spalding Top Flite?

When there were wound balls, I knew that I didn't like them, whether they were covered in balata or surlyn in those pre urethane days. Once those were all off the shelf, however, the ball never had much effect on my game.

That might be understandable for a thirteen, but the same was true when I was an eight. 

If I have to buy a sleeve in the pro shop, I'll buy the Pro V1x.  People know me there.

When I have plenty of my own ammo with me, however, I probably bought it at Dick's and it's probably Top Flite Gamer Tours.  I wish my game were good enough for the ball to matter.

I think some of this has more to do with how much compression you really get.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I agree, Its just longer, it may be more roll, better launch characteristics, or something, but it just goes farther. I hope that you all have the same results that I have seen with my use of it.

Alright boys y'all have snake oiled me into it. I got some. Friggin Snells better be legit.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Alright boys y'all have snake oiled me into it. I got some. Friggin Snells better be legit.

They are!!! I played the same course two days in a row at the same time and I was noticeably longer off the tee the second day with the Snell MTB then I was the first day with B330. And the performance around the green is as good as the ProV1/X. Think I actually got my buddy who is one of the biggest Titleist loyalists to switch to the MTB also.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

If they don't work for you send them my way I'll be glad to take them off your hands ;) (have a feeling you won't though)

So right now I'm testing the MG Tour C4 balls. It's totally not fair for it though since the temps have dropped considerably here and I'm playing in 48-52 degree weather. I do find it kinda feels like an nxt tour ball. Not sure if anyone else would agree with me on this. It does feel really good off the putter but I don't have the distance gains off the driver (obviously temps not helping). So today I'm going out and hitting both the Snell and the MG Tour C4 to see which likes the cold weather better lol 

Played an 18 with the snell my tour ball and the mg c4. Both balls were great. The snell ball off the tee was consistently longer....but not by much. The best instance of it was on the par 5 14th. I hit 2 identical drives. Same trajectory, same path and they both landed approximately 3 feet apart. The snell was ahead. With all that said, for the price the mg c4 was really really good. To a point where I'm not sure if it is worth the extra money to buy the snell ball. I did shoot better with the snell but familiarity comes into play here. Will definitely keep putting these 2 against each other again

Archived