Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Wow today I hit about 40 balls with Ping 👁️ 2 sand and 3 iron yeah I know from one end of the bag to the other, chipping about 6-7 metres into the net and 3 iron which I felt comfortable hitting except for the last couple. 😕 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

6 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

He compared practice to a file transfer, that practice/file transfer will be faster when it’s dedicated to a singular focus rather than splitting across multiple focuses. This connected with the inner-IT nerd in me.

If only I got to focus on one thing at a time in my IT job!🤣

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Some more practice with the putter.   Worked on aim, stroke, and touch (3 of the 4 skills).  Did some drills to work on stroking where I was aimed and rhythm and things felt and looked good.   Did another most wanted testing session and I putted pretty well.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Some more practice with the putter.   Worked on aim, stroke, and touch (3 of the 4 skills).  Did some drills to work on stroking where I was aimed and rhythm and things felt and looked good.   Did another most wanted testing session and I putted pretty well.  

Must be pretty cool to be a part of the MWT sessions!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Must be pretty cool to be a part of the MWT sessions!!!

Yep,  have been doing MWT since 2017.  I'm eager to test more clubs this year, but have to wait until I am allowed to by my doctor

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Did some putting practice today; worked on aim and stroke. Also did a bit of chipping with a 56* SW.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Day 41 (22 Feb 24) - got in a few bump and runs with the 8i (actually several different 8’s: SLDR, X-18 and TA 845s (late 80’s)).  One of my fave drills as it adds to my arsenal for those “near-GIR” days (which is pretty much every round).  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Seen some who have very nice setups (and yes, I’m super jealous) in a garage or other area…I don’t have space there as someone in my house decided it was more important to park the car in there!

Does anyone have a setup that is more portable or easy to put up and take down?  Looking for some options that would make it easier to practice more at home.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

More work today on trying to feel my hips working in a better pattern as well as trying to get to a more shallow delivery. Head on and DTL view and while not quite there yet, this is improvement for me in terms of getting more rotation through the swing. Going to stick to the current drills I am doing and just keep working at it. I apologize in advance for the strobe effect of the lighting. Gotta get my camera settings adjusted to hopefully avoid that in slo mo. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

3 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Seen some who have very nice setups (and yes, I’m super jealous) in a garage or other area…I don’t have space there as someone in my house decided it was more important to park the car in there!

Does anyone have a setup that is more portable or easy to put up and take down?  Looking for some options that would make it easier to practice more at home.

I got the GoSports 10x7 net off Amazon and a cheap hitting mat of Temu. The net is awesome, takes about 3 minutes to put up/tear down, and the Temu mat has held up surprisingly well. 

#LeftyGang

first swings of the year and as expected a lot of ground balls, lineouts that would send the second baseman to the hospital and foul balls. That being said, about halfway through I figured out my backswing was very narrow and needed to add width. Suddenly the ball was jumping off the club. Weather has been trash and will be through Sunday. Going to try to get on the range again Sunday/Monday.

My putting is still a mess and need to start to figure that out. Last year I blamed a lot of it on the course because I couldn't read the greens. This year, I've changed courses but still was missing putts I should make. Think it's time I break out the putting trainer again.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

7 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

@TJ Hall there was this good thread where people were sharing their setups: 

Don't have a setup like this at my house, but I pay for a membership to a practice facility, which I went back to tonight.

Primarily focused on swinging my 48° wedge (approach/gap? always get that mixed up) hitting 40 balls, and it went pretty well! Liking the averages I am seeing on Attack Angle, Face Angle, Low Pt. Dist, and my impact heatmap for the clubface. Also, with all it's bells and whistles you'd think Trackman would have more granular club options, my 48° is a 50° on Trackman. Additionally I hit driver and 3-wood a bit, but was nothing to write home about. Still hitting 3-wood further than driver.🤷‍♂️

Finally, spent some time putting. Managed a new personal best of 9 putts for the 8-putt ladder I've been working on, and surprised myself a bit on some long putts.
IMG_2358.png.769bc653d8fa2f8eb1fe90580297d59f.png

IMG_2351.jpg.9c81612ff0373161afb73c91c97bb752.jpgIMG_2350.jpg.129ecd4e2ae26052dfb0e50513a7525d.jpg

Thanks @BallsLeon, appreciate the info.  Your practice facility is quite nice, lots of good data and seems like a great place to work on your game!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I got the GoSports 10x7 net off Amazon and a cheap hitting mat of Temu. The net is awesome, takes about 3 minutes to put up/tear down, and the Temu mat has held up surprisingly well. 

I have seen quite a bit about GoSports, will be spending more time looking into this…thank you!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I have seen quite a bit about GoSports, will be spending more time looking into this…thank you!

Sent you a message 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

I will say the GoSports Elite is basically TheNetReturn without the price being so high. I love it and it has held up nice. I will add the screen later on but for now enjoying the quiet of just a nets haha.

Went to the range yesterday and just could not find my swing or get comfortable with any sort of long club. Then I just lost it all so not the best day for consistency but it happens and its just 1 of those days I then try to enjoy golf for what it is to me.. A Social activity 

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Went to my local range on Wednesday, a 60 degree day in February in Denver. The wind was howling left to right but provided a great opportunity to practice shots at all distances under tough conditions.

WITB - Callaway Epic Flash woods, 2019 Apex irons, Mizuno T-Zoid wedges, Ping Anser putter

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Also FWIW, I bought mine off amazon as "Used - Like New" and only paid $52 and some change for it instead of the retail $80! Currently at $48.90 for the same condition!

https://www.amazon.com/GoSports-Practice-Hitting-Personal-Designed/dp/B079JDQKV4/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3PW3JVF0Y9YIX&keywords=golf%2Bnet&qid=1703629899&sprefix=golf%2Bne%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-6&th=1

#LeftyGang

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Also FWIW, I bought mine off amazon as "Used - Like New" and only paid $52 and some change for it instead of the retail $80! Currently at $48.90 for the same condition!

https://www.amazon.com/GoSports-Practice-Hitting-Personal-Designed/dp/B079JDQKV4/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3PW3JVF0Y9YIX&keywords=golf%2Bnet&qid=1703629899&sprefix=golf%2Bne%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-6&th=1

I have one of these as well and got it used in very good condition.

I like it; it has worked well for my needs. I've hit every club into it at full strength and it's held up. The one thing I would caution is wedges; make sure you get close enough to the net in case you sky one!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Challenged myself at the beginning of the week to sink 10 consecutive 10-foot putts on the Exputt sim. Last night was the fourth night of trying and I finally completed the challenge (after about 850 putts between the 4 nights).

Key changes for me were to wrap my right thumb around (instead of pointing it down the grip) and adding a few degrees of forward press. Really useful to be able to roll hundreds of putts with the immediate feedback you get from the Exputt system.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour