GolfSpy Barbajo

Official Forum Member Review: Bettinardi Putters

You've heard the term butter used with golf equipment. Well the feel with my Betty is syrupy butter. Hot and melted with the ball oozing off the face in pure delight.

You should put a NSFW warning before posting something like that!

How is Betty doing with the rusting issues since you got a replacement?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

You should put a NSFW warning before posting something like that!

How is Betty doing with the rusting issues since you got a replacement?

Thanks for asking and not an issue at this point. With that said I will continue to apply a light coat of gun oil. It really makes her shine and glow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In your opinion, does the ball come off the face consistent to your stroke, or is there forgiveness enough to allow a putt with a slight push our pull still to roll true?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In your opinion, does the ball come off the face consistent to your stroke, or is there forgiveness enough to allow a putt with a slight push our pull still to roll true?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It works best with a consistent stroke although the sweet spot IMO is pretty wide so it has plenty enough forgiveness built in.  Putts coming off the heal or toe do lose some momentum although not like putters with inserts. The Queen B is better off center than my Odyssey Works Versa #7.  That says a lot because I like it pretty darn well too.  I love my Betty more and more every day! :wub: 

• Like 3

It works best with a consistent stroke although the sweet spot IMO is pretty wide so it has plenty enough forgiveness built in.

Follow up: Does the head shape/weight help you execute a more consistent stroke? Or do you find yourself nailing the heel or toe just as often with the forgiveness compensating?

Follow up: Does the head shape/weight help you execute a more consistent stroke? Or do you find yourself nailing the heel or toe just as often with the forgiveness compensating?

The head weight is helping me to keep my hands out of the stroke. My stroke is rocking back and through with my shoulders. The shape of the putter helps frame the ball nicely. You put the long center line behind the ball and on your target line. Rock & Roll

• Like 2

I dont agree with ole gray here at all.

The putter works best with a pure stroke there is little room for error on of centre hits they will and do pull up short.

I found myself striking more towards the toe and felt the need to putt a sight line on the front of the putter to try to stop this.

My personal experience suggests you need to have a pretty pure stroke and fast greens to get the best out of bettinardi B9... Here in the wet UK at my golf club. I just don't think the greens are quick enough for it.

• Like 2

Instead of a players iron, would this be a players putter?

I dont agree with ole gray here at all.

The putter works best with a pure stroke there is little room for error on of centre hits they will and do pull up short.

I found myself striking more towards the toe and felt the need to putt a sight line on the front of the putter to try to stop this.

My personal experience suggests you need to have a pretty pure stroke and fast greens to get the best out of bettinardi B9... Here in the wet UK at my golf club. I just don't think the greens are quick enough for it.

That's cool as we all have different strokes and greens to play on. Our greens here are normally faster than most however they aerated them prior to testing. They are just now speeding back up so essentially I had the opportunity to test the Queen B on two different surfaces.

Obviously I don't hit the center of this face consistently every time however I can say I'm consistent on my proximity to the hole more often than not.

I've been planning on doing a test soon however I will go ahead today and get it done. This will be videoed with the following:

1. Five putts off the toe from 10 foot

2. Five putts off center from 10 foot

3. Five putts off the heel from 10 foot

Then I will go to 20 foot and conduct the same test.

I will use the same balls which will be the Callaway Chrome

This test will show how the distance is affected by toe, center, & heel strikes for my type stroke. Again we all roll the ball different on different type surfaces (greens).

Edit:  Since I got out late this evening I changed my testing up a bit. I went with 3 putts from 10, 15, & 20 foot with strikes off the center, heel, & toe of the putter.  Very interesting results so I'm going to do my best to get these videos up and running before hitting the sack.

• Like 1

Gray, when you do that, can you try to test high/low strikes on the face too? I'm more likely to miss the center vertically than horizontally

• Like 1

Instead of a players iron, would this be a players putter?

I'm certainly no "player" as I'm probably more likely in the hackers category. Personally I think this putter would suite all skill levels. For an example even pros are vastly different with putters in their hands. Most of those guys all strike the ball well so the difference is who rolls the rock better. The old saying of "drive for show and putt for dough" is so true.

The pros that putt well, make more cuts, win more money, and ultimately win more championships. Jordan Speith being an excellent example. You'll notice many pros go through a ton of putters from blades to mallets in search of the magic wand. There are no players putter . With that said there are putters in the more forgiving category. Would the Queen Bee be in the forgiving group, obviously for me it would because I am making more putts from every part of the green.

I've seen low clappers putt well with putters you'd find in a garage sell and I've seen hackers putt well with Tour blade type putters.

It's all about confidence and feel with the putters

• Like 3

Gray, when you do that, can you try to test high/low strikes on the face too? I'm more likely to miss the center vertically than horizontally

Absolutely and I will say this, for me more distance is lost from a "low strike" on the face than a toe or heel miss.

I'm certainly no "player" as I'm probably more likely in the hackers category. Personally I think this putter would suite all skill levels. For an example even pros are vastly different with putters in their hands. Most of those guys all strike the ball well so the difference is who rolls the rock better. The old saying of "drive for show and putt for dough" is so true.

The pros that putt well, make more cuts, win more money, and ultimately win more championships. Jordan Speith being an excellent example. You'll notice many pros go through a ton of putters from blades to mallets in search of the magic wand. There are no players putter . With that said there are putters in the more forgiving category. Would the Queen Bee be in the forgiving group, obviously for me it would because I am making more putts from every part of the green.

I've seen low clappers putt well with putters you'd find in a garage sell and I've seen hackers putt well with Tour blade type putters.

It's all about confidence and feel with the putters

Folks, i just want to throw this out there.  I have known OG for  about 7 years now and have played any where from 10 to 50 rounds per year since we met.  I would conservatively estimate we have played 125 rounds together, in that time I would say I have seen him use no less that 12 different putters.  He has always seemed to be looking for that "magic wand".  From what I have observed in playing with him since he started putting with "Betty" he has found it.  I have not seen the struggles with the short putts, I have not seen the total mishits nor have I witnessed any extremely long or short lag putts from long distances.  I honestly don't recall seeing him 3 putt any with it.  I am excited for my buddy in that I truly believe he has finally found that flat stick that he has been seeking. 

Keep up the good work my friend, I know you will be keeping this one in the bag for a long, long time. 

• Like 7

Folks, i just want to throw this out there. I have known OG for about 7 years now and have played any where from 10 to 50 rounds per year since we met. I would conservatively estimate we have played 125 rounds together, in that time I would say I have seen him use no less that 12 different putters. He has always seemed to be looking for that "magic wand". From what I have observed in playing with him since he started putting with "Betty" he has found it. I have not seen the struggles with the short putts, I have not seen the total mishits nor have I witnessed any extremely long or short lag putts from long distances. I honestly don't recall seeing him 3 putt any with it. I am excited for my buddy in that I truly believe he has finally found that flat stick that he has been seeking.

Keep up the good work my friend, I know you will be keeping this one in the bag for a long, long time.

Thanks Randy and yea the Queen Bee is a keeper !

• Like 3

I took some interesting videos today and I hope I can get them loaded tonight. The videos show the effects of the ball coming off a center strike, heel strike, & toe strike from 10, 15, & 20 foot.  The 10 foot putts were flat, The 15 foot putts were uphill, & the 20 foot putts had a right to left break.  Stay tuned folks as this will be a fun ride!  Oh and for my buddy STUDque I attempted some high/low on the face putts at the end. ;) 

• Like 2

Let's get some star wipes in those videos!

• Like 2

Let's get some star wipes in those videos!

I have two of them up now in my stage 3 thread. It's taking a long time to down load and edit my thread tonight

Edit:

Well dayuuummmm they were up! checked again and they're gone. I'm tired and checking out for the night. Maybe they will show back up in the a.m.

Monday a.m. - Well they just showed back up and I didn't change anything . Check out my videos in stage 3

• Like 2

Well more positive today after adding a faint sight line to the top of the Bettinardi B9

Don`t get me wrong I have used this putter to shoot my best in competition rounds but just something was a miss with me.

I play quite a bit of golf with a professional golfer, not a tour pro but a very good knowledgeable pro.

He noticed I lined up out of the toe or more towards the toe.

Now having the sight line on the front top edge of the putting face reminds me to line up the sweet spot.

It`s like having another new putter yet again.

As for my review, I think I will have to edit a few things and perhaps follow the points system and add the rest of my photos and stuff.

The thing is it`s peak competition season here and I have been playing in the presidents match play knock out and I`m through to the semi finals.

So with all the playing practicing, I have struggled with time.

Had A real evenings golfing tonight and bagged me a hole in one on the 6th hole 155 yards into a head wind....6 iron and boom!!!

photo to follow!!!

IMG_20170828_172711.jpg

• Like 3

Nice job on the Hi1!! That's awesome man

Can you share a pic of this extra line you drew?

• Like 1

Nice job on the Hi1!! That's awesome man

Can you share a pic of this extra line you drew?

Thanks for the praise on the hole in one..photo of me (flat cap) and pro golfer Dan with the Titleist pro v number 7 sat pretty in the hole.

Yes, I will take pictures of putter now and pop it on here.