GolfSpy Barbajo

Official Forum Member Review: Bettinardi Putters

That is a sexy repair tool, DivotHead. I've seen those online before but I've never been able to justify the price. But it's pretty much the perfect combo now with the putter. Hmmm. Tempting.

• Like 1

I'm a few days late to this party, not sure how I missed it. You lucky ones have been quick with these stages, and boy do you make the rest of us salivate over these artistic flat sticks! Love the writing from all involved. Interesting to see unanimous love for these putters, gives the golfer on a tight just enough confidence to spend more than he should.😀 Thanks for all the hard work and writing guys!

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I'm a few days late to this party, not sure how I missed it. You lucky ones have been quick with these stages, and boy do you make the rest of us salivate over these artistic flat sticks! Love the writing from all involved. Interesting to see unanimous love for these putters, gives the golfer on a tight budget just enough confidence to spend more than he should.😀 Thanks for all the hard work and writing guys!

Ole Grey, loving your review! I hope you get to test more in the future, fun read

Also, I saw an ad for Putter Butter from GolfWorks which works as a good sealant for carbon putters, not sure about cleaning though

https://www.golfworks.com/putter-butter-golf-club-protector/p/MS0003/

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Ole Grey, loving your review! I hope you get to test more in the future, fun read

Also, I saw an ad for Putter Butter from GolfWorks which works as a good sealant for carbon putters, not sure about cleaning though

That's good and all. But to me, it doesn't seem fair that you drop $400 on a putter and still have to worry about rusting issues. I hope the replacement gray gets is more resistant. I also tend to wonder if Divothead should contact Betti and seek replacement as well.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Appreciate ya and thanks for the putter butter tip!

Almost justifies a trip over here to play a few rounds & buy a few toys!!

Maybe one day... I am just a bit scared of not wanting to come home and becoming an illegal immigrant  :D  :D

• Like 1

I just ordered some gun oil to protect my putter from future moisture issues.

Gunoil2.jpg

This only costs $5.99 and it should keep Betty all nice and protected from the elements. 

• Like 2

My replacement putter came in last evening!  I will not put it in play until the gun oil that I ordered arrives and that should be today or tomorrow.  I'm going to put a nice light coat on, let it sit over night and then put Betty back in the bag  :wub: 

I played with my Odyssey Works #7 Thursday and I putted pretty good with it  although there was one thing that was not close to the Bettinardi.   I have much better distance control with Betty. It must be the face that allows me to put a more consistent roll on the ball.  They top dressed our greens again so I will not be doing my side by side test until the greens return to normal.   

• Like 4

Today I will be laying the lard er I mean gun oil to Betty #2 so she will be nice n greasy (light coat) for tomorrow's round. This will be Betty #2's maiden voyage and I'm hoping it will be as good as her predecessor. You can bet ya booty she will be lathered down from now on.  She's a pretty little heifer and I plan on doing my very best to keep her that way!

Our greens are slowly returning to their beautiful slicker than a two dollar bill at a Friday night poker game condition.   If the course super will quit top dressing them it would be nice however I know it's part of the process to fill in and smooth out the holes. I will post up my stage three either later today and add stuff to stage two as the test continues.  

Fire those questions and we'll get an answer back to ya!

• Like 2

I'm hoping that the longer this test extends, the better the prices will be when I get one...

• Like 2

I'm hoping that the longer this test extends, the better the prices will be when I get one...

I'm gonna tell ya something.  I played yesterday and had my other putter which is the Odyssey Works Versa #7 in the bag. There is no comparison between #7 and Betty when it comes to distance control.  None.   Don't get me wrong as #7 is a really awesome putter however it goes to show how special the Betternardi is.  

• Like 3

I'm gonna tell ya something. I played yesterday and had my other putter which is the Odyssey Works Versa #7 in the bag. There is no comparison between #7 and Betty when it comes to distance control. None. Don't get me wrong as #7 is a really awesome putter however it goes to show how special the Betternardi is.

I get the feeling that nobody is gonna want to sell/trade their Queen Bee 9 after this test... :(

• Like 1

I'm gonna tell ya something. I played yesterday and had my other putter which is the Odyssey Works Versa #7 in the bag. There is no comparison between #7 and Betty when it comes to distance control. None. Don't get me wrong as #7 is a really awesome putter however it goes to show how special the Betternardi is.

I get the feeling that nobody is gonna want to sell/trade their Queen Bee 9 after this test... :(

I'd rather French kiss an alligator than let my Betty go.  ;) 

• Like 1

I have added a sight line on the front edge of the Betty as I found I was lining up more towards the toe.

I`m hoping this will indeed raise my consistency up another notch.

The weather is actually terrible here in the North of England UK and it`s peak summer.

The course is saturated we need a few dry days for the greens to settle.

I would like to get my Hands on a Scotty Cameron Newport M2 as the Bee 9 and the M2 are similar in appearance "sort of"

This would add an extra layer to my review I`m hoping to get the putter in the next week or so. 

• Like 2

Ok folks my Stage 3 is up .   I am totally enjoying this putter and will be back and forth with more info as the season goes on.  Thanks for supporting us and please by all means, drop your questions in here!

• Like 1

Our greens are getting back to normal after aeration and the speed is definitely going to be more of a factor today.   I'm looking forward to seeing how Betty performs on those pesky down hillers that are so grusome at my course.  I'll report back this evening with my putting stats so stay tuned!

• Like 2

Having fun prior to teeing it up with Betty today!

Below is the cap that came in the box with our putters. First the back side has Bettinardi written across it. Hopefully you can see it.

Bettinardi Cap Back.JPG

The front of the cap has a nice "B" on it.

Bettinardi Cap Front (2).JPG

Today I had 31 putts which is ok. The greens are returning to normal which is pretty darn slick. 

Oh and by the way the hole we are teeing it up on with the cap pictures has a nice little chute to hit from.   :blink: 

• Like 3

Wake up folks and shoot those questions to us!   

I will mention that a couple of my buddies were really surprised at how heavy the Queen B feels.  You can really feel the head during the stroke which is something I prefer.  With that said you can't be too aggressive on those slick down hillers. As for the uphill putts the heavy head makes it easier not to leave putts way short.  I'm having a great deal of success on lagging long putts uphill which is something I've never succeeded at. 

• Like 2