Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TV streaming services, what’s the best?

TSauer

I cut the cord with DirectTV a year or so ago after realizing just how crazy their prices are. I've been using nothing but Netflix and Amazon video for years, along with a cheap antenna that sticks to the window to attempt to get locals.

I tried the PSVue trial a few months ago, which I liked. I haven't been able to try any other streaming services, as I don't have a Roku, Chromecast, or Firestick. To those of you who have cut the cord, what service did you go with and why? Also, what device do you use to stream?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

We use Roku, with Sling tv and love it. Sling tv offers all the channels we wanted, and all in with al of the extras we pay 65 a month. We looked at other streaming decices, but Roku just seemed to be the easiest to use, and easiest to find. Some of the others may be better, but for us the ease of use with Roku was the way to go.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I just cut the cord on Dish about a month or so ago. We went with HULU that has live channels with every channel we regularly watched for $40. Also bought a fire stick and “jail broke” it myself, you can watch practically any movie ever.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Also have a Roku. Easy to set up and use and also easy to search for apps related to your interests.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I just cut the cord on Dish about a month or so ago. We went with HULU that has live channels with every channel we regularly watched for $40. Also bought a fire stick and “jail broke” it myself, you can watch practically any movie ever.

What exactly does jail breaking it do? I've only ever jail broke my phone, ha.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

We need to do this, but we're screwed for internet. We don't have sources other than Dish/Direct and their sources like AT&T, or Xfinity. Sucks.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

What exactly does jail breaking it do? I've only ever jail broke my phone, ha.

It allows you to install apps.  I believe the particular app that you will want to install is Kodi which has add-ins that allow you to search for and play movies that are found on the internet.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It allows you to install apps. I believe the particular app that you will want to install is Kodi which has add-ins that allow you to search for and play movies that are found on the internet.

It's a fairly involved process so I recommend following tutorials:

Tutorial for installing Kodi (the pass through app that lets you install Exodus)

How to install Exodus (the actual add in you watch the movies on)

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

We dropped Directv in October 2011 and haven't missed a thing.  We haven't felt compelled to subscribe to a streaming service.  Virtually everything offered on cable, satellite or streaming services can be accessed free somewhere.  So, why pay for it?

I've looked into it a couple of times but so far it just doesn't work for me. I quit Dish a while back and went with DTV because they were offering a much lower price. My basic research on cord cutting didn't satisfy my wants at the time. So... I continue paying for a lot more TV than I ever watch but I get what I want when I want.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've looked into it a couple of times but so far it just doesn't work for me. I quit Dish a while back and went with DTV because they were offering a much lower price. My basic research on cord cutting didn't satisfy my wants at the time. So... I continue paying for a lot more TV than I ever watch but I get what I want when I want.

Haven't looked lately but I'm in the same boat. I want to cut but still want all the bells and whistles I currently have with uverse.

Maybe one day I can join the cook kids.

BigTazz

Grip in Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

We use Roku, with Sling tv and love it. Sling tv offers all the channels we wanted, and all in with al of the extras we pay 65 a month. We looked at other streaming decices, but Roku just seemed to be the easiest to use, and easiest to find. Some of the others may be better, but for us the ease of use with Roku was the way to go.

I get Dish for $75/month so that only seems like a marginal benefit. I've been looking into cutting the cord in lieu of a Roku but am considering some of the cheaper plans.

Can you tell me if you get these for your price point? I've listed them from most important to least:

- Better quality picture on live sports

- DVR capability

- Multiple TVs

- Primary Channels:

--> Major Networks

--> Disney

--> Nickelodeon

--> Golf Channel

--> MTV Live

- Movie Channels (HBO, Starz, etc)

- On Demand

I get Dish for $75/month so that only seems like a marginal benefit. I've been looking into cutting the cord in lieu of a Roku but am considering some of the cheaper plans.

Can you tell me if you get these for your price point? I've listed them from most important to least:

- DVR capability

- Primary Channels:

--> Major Networks

--> Disney

--> Nickelodeon

--> Golf Channel

--> MTV Live

- On Demand

All major networks I am able to get with an antenna, with sling tv there basic plans are orange and blue, orange is 20 blue is 25 but if you do both its 40, plus there are add ons you can do. We don't need Nickelodeon so I'm not sure where that channel is in the package, but Disney, golf channel all the ESPN channels including espn3, there are more channels than you need. We pay 65 and we've added 3 or 4 add on channels that we want. They do offer HBO, Cinemax, packages as well for extra cost. The best thing is that you can control how much or how little you want to add. There is a ton of on demand. these hundreds of apps to download. You can do a lot, and there is a lot of free items to watch as well.

The biggest one for me was golf channel, they didn't have it for a while, but once they offered it, we decided to change, I don't miss Directv or cable, I wish I would have done it sooner.

Thanks Kor. Sorry but I think I added one while you were typing your reply.

What do you do about multiple TVs? Is there mini Rokus that can bounce to a main box on the cheap?

I also just thought of one more, can they do picture-in-picture?

Thanks Kor. Sorry but I think I added one while you were typing your reply.

What do you do about multiple TVs? Is there mini Rokus that can bounce to a main box on the cheap?

I also just thought of one more, can they do picture-in-picture?

I don't think we get PIP. We have 4 TVs, the newer tvs already have roku and sling so no need to buy a device for those. We have 3 tvs that needed decices, for the main tv that needed one, we bought the more expensive Roku Premiere +, for the kids tvs we bought the roku express, and they work well for them. We stayed away from the stick, we have a friend with the stick and because it's on the back of the tv it would lose connection with the remote if he was too far away, but with the express its a small box that mounts with 2 sided tape right to the bottom or side of the tv. You can also download the SlingTv app for all you devices and you can watch anything you want on your phone or iPad.

Each box or stick is its own device, you just put in the account info and it's ready to go, my son 13 set all of our up, it's pretty easy. Within 5 minutes your watching anything.

Cost, the roku express was like 35, for the premiere +, when we signed up for sling tv they offer a discount so instead of paying 90 at the store, it was like 49 or something.

Sling also offers a 7 day free trial if you wanted to check it out to see if you like it, that's a plus as well.

I will say the most difficult part of the process was telling directv that I was leaving, spent a couple hours on the phone between several different people trying to get that taken care of, and I still have the main box because they haven't sent me the indie to send it back yet, it's been 3 months. Maybe I should call them again. Not.

We have a tv with Roku built in, kept Directv for about a year after getting the tv.  Hardly ever watched anything on directv so eventually purchased an antenna for local channels and never looked back!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

- DVR capability

- Multiple TVs

- Primary Channels:

--> Major Networks

--> Disney

--> Nickelodeon

--> Golf Channel

--> MTV Live

- On Demand

Kor. A. Door is offering some quality expertise.  Please allow me to offer some of my own experiences. 

Streaming is as "on-demand" as it gets which, in my opinion, renders DVR absolutely uselss.  Sit down, decide what to watch and hit play.  It doesn't need to be recorded because it's always available.  Most television and cable shows are available to stream somewhere if you're patient enough to wait for them to become available.  Hulu has the latest episodes of hundreds of shows available within an hour of original air.  Cable and satellite providers are banking on the fact most people are not patient enough to wait.  My family is patient enough and we pay $26.23 per month as a result excluding ISP and MLB.tv.

Picture quality is a reflection of your bandwidth and equipment. If you have less than ideal internet speeds, your picture quality will suffer.  I have never rented equipment from my ISP.  I own an Arris Surfboard SB6190 modum with 32 channels down and 8 up.  We also have 3 Google Wifi pods throughout our house that provide exceptional coverage, connectivity and speeds.  Rented equipment is often outdated, overworked and less than adequate for the amount of "rent" payed.  Prime example, my 12 year old daughter had 8 of her friends over for the weekend.  At one point in time, I had 13 devices streaming in full HD, all at once, with no hesitation or loss in quality of any kind.  I have Comcast Xfinity with 250 MBPS service.

Every major network I can think of and most minor ones have streaming apps.  Most require subscriptions to activate, however, including MTV, Disney and Nickelodeon.  But virtually every show on those networks is available to stream on another app such as Hulu, iTunes or Amazon. Golf Channel does not have an app but is often on the NBC Sports app, which is damned near worthless.  So is the CBS Sports app for that matter.  I get Golf Channel and MLB Network through the Channel Pear app.

The biggest mistake I see people make is thinking they cannot get what they want by streaming.  That notion is patently false.  People simply don't know what they don't know.

Hope this is helpful. 

Kor. A. Door is offering some quality expertise. Please allow me to offer some of my own experiences.

Streaming is as "on-demand" as it gets which, in my opinion, renders DVR absolutely uselss. Sit down, decide what to watch and hit play. It doesn't need to be recorded because it's always available. Most television and cable shows are available to stream somewhere if you're patient enough to wait for them to become available. Hulu has the latest episodes of hundreds of shows available within an hour of original air. Cable and satellite providers are banking on the fact most people are not patient enough to wait. My family is patient enough and we pay $26.23 per month as a result excluding ISP and MLB.tv.

Picture quality is a reflection of your bandwidth and equipment. If you have less than ideal internet speeds, your picture quality will suffer. I have never rented equipment from my ISP. I own an Arris Surfboard SB6190 modum with 32 channels down and 8 up. We also have 3 Google Wifi pods throughout our house that provide exceptional coverage, connectivity and speeds. Rented equipment is often outdated, overworked and less than adequate for the amount of "rent" payed. Prime example, my 12 year old daughter had 8 of her friends over for the weekend. At one point in time, I had 13 devices streaming in full HD, all at once, with no hesitation or loss in quality of any kind. I have Comcast Xfinity with 250 MBPS service.

Every major network I can think of and most minor ones have streaming apps. Most require subscriptions to activate, however, including MTV, Disney and Nickelodeon. But virtually every show on those networks is available to stream on another app such as Hulu, iTunes or Amazon. Golf Channel does not have an app but is often on the NBC Sports app, which is damned near worthless. So is the CBS Sports app for that matter. I get Golf Channel and MLB Network through the Channel Pear app.

The biggest mistake I see people make is thinking they cannot get what they want by streaming. That notion is patently false. People simply don't know what they don't know.

Hope this is helpful.

I find more and more every time I sit down and search and check things out. For current shows that I want to watch, most of hem are on late, so will go to the NBC, abc, fox, or whatever app the next day and watch the episode. I just sign in with the sling sign on and I'm in. It's amazing how much is out there, and I know I haven't even come close to finding it all. We upgraded our internet, and have a good router, we run probably 8-10 devices at any one time, and only occaioanally have issues. Usually when every one is home and everyone is on their phones and iPads at the same time while we watch 3 tvs.

I find more and more every time I sit down and search and check things out. For current shows that I want to watch, most of hem are on late, so will go to the NBC, abc, fox, or whatever app the next day and watch the episode. I just sign in with the sling sign on and I'm in. It's amazing how much is out there, and I know I haven't even come close to finding it all. We upgraded our internet, and have a good router, we run probably 8-10 devices at any one time, and only occaioanally have issues. Usually when every one is home and everyone is on their phones and iPads at the same time while we watch 3 tvs.

It is amazing what's out there and how many options there are to stream something. 

I'm streaming the Cubs-Nats game right now.

GO CUBS GO

It is amazing what's out there and how many options there are to stream something. 

I'm streaming the Cubs-Nats game right now.

GO CUBS GO

FLY THE W!!!!!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 7 months later...

what about IPTV, anyone use that, heard its pretty good with anything above 20mbps BB

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

We have both Hulu and Netflix. The latter seems to have more stuff that we would watch.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel