Undershooter

Lynx golf is apparently still around. And AWFUL at social media

I had a set of Lynx many moons ago and they were sweet!  Those dawgs er cats could hunt so this could be interesting. 

• Like 2

I had a set of Lynx many moons ago and they were sweet! Those dawgs er cats could hunt so this could be interesting.

If the price point stays the same, it could be very interesting. $540 a set is hard to beat, especially if they perform and are what they say they are.

• Like 2

Those Lynx gunmetal irons look a lot like these Dynacraft Forged irons. I have these Dynacrafts and they are a nice club.

The Lynx could be from the same forging.

IMG_6865.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Those Lynx gunmetal irons look a lot like these Dynacraft Forged irons. I have these Dynacrafts and they are a nice club.

The Lynx could be from the same forging.

attachicon.gifIMG_6865.PNG

Yep, those look exactly the same. Good catch.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If the price point stays the same, it could be very interesting. $540 a set is hard to beat, especially if they perform and are what they say they are.

I could be wrong but I believe the stock shaft is the KBS 90. No el cheapo made for shafts

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I could be wrong but I believe the stock shaft is the KBS 90. No el cheapo made for shafts

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Yeah, seems almost too good to be true. Be interested in seeing what they are all about. If they sell a set of forged clubs for under $600... what will that do to the market? If they take flight here.

• Like 2

Yeah, seems almost too good to be true. Be interested in seeing what they are all about. If they sell a set of forged clubs for under $600... what will that do to the market? If they take flight here.

If their social media director had any sense of humor at all, this could have blown up in a super positive way just a few days before the PGA show!

• Like 4

If their social media director had any sense of humor at all, this could have blown up in a super positive way just a few days before the PGA show!

I agree, but some people don't like the parody stuff. I started following Lynx after reading that. It seems like they are strictly business... a little fun and games could have opened up there market for sure.

• Like 1

I agree, but some people don't like the parody stuff. I started following Lynx after reading that. It seems like they are strictly business... a little fun and games could have opened up there market for sure.

A little light banter, and they would have owned social media going into the PGA show. They didn't have to go crazy with it, but just not do what they did.

• Like 2

A little light banter, and they would have owned social media going into the PGA show. They didn't have to go crazy with it, but just not do what they did.

They could make it all worth while to invite CPG to the show, and make the announcement there. Haha
  • Like 2

Probably worth it's own thread, but I've been thinking about this for a while. The MB style clubs from all the major OEMs are always some of their priciest clubs, and yet, from a tech perspective, offer nothing. I can't imagine the manufacturing costs for a simple blade can be that enormous.

But because they are aimed at the more accomplished player who takes his game seriously and is willing to shell out considerable money, they carry enormous price tags.

What would a cheaper blade (or forged CB) do in the market? It's a fascinating question, because in some measure, a cheap price tag would mean that a portion of their target audience would simply refuse to take them seriously.

• Like 3

Probably worth it's own thread, but I've been thinking about this for a while. The MB style clubs from all the major OEMs are always some of their priciest clubs, and yet, from a tech perspective, offer nothing. I can't imagine the manufacturing costs for a simple blade can be that enormous.

But because they are aimed at the more accomplished player who takes his game seriously and is willing to shell out considerable money, they carry enormous price tags.

What would a cheaper blade (or forged CB) do in the market? It's a fascinating question, because in some measure, a cheap price tag would mean that a portion of their target audience would simply refuse to take them seriously.

I believe in you pay for what you get except golf equipment... to a point. The epic irons are a perfect example, so is the PXG.. just my opinion but what do you really get vs the closest “normal” priced club?

But if it is forged out of the same metal as the “top brands” with the same loft and shafts, you are looking at the name at that point.

This definitely sparks my interest.

• Like 1

Just the other day my boss and I were talking about Wilson clubs. He said oh man, those are junk, he is a JS fanboy...

Just the name of the clubs made him think cheap junk. I have a feeling Lynx will get the same treatment unfortunately.

• Like 1

I'm sure they gained a few followers like yourself from the free publicity but at the same time, their twitter account actually lost about 600 followers lol. And they didn't have many to spare to begin with. Their account only had around 3800 when this started and has dropped to around 3200.

It's pretty impressive to lose close to 16% of your following in a day.

Their clubs did peak my interest. But the fact that they almost identical to the Dynacraft's makes me lose that early interest. Why don't I just go buy those if I want some? I'm pretty sure I can get a full set of those with X100s in them for even cheaper.

I believe Lynx's twitter account is run by the husband and wife duo that own the company. They are listed as the CEO and CFO. Maybe they can bring the Lynx name back a little but they aren't off to the best start.

I guess any free publicity is better than none at all. But I can't help but feel like they missed out on a golden opportunity here. 

• Like 1

I won't disagree, there are a lot of “fun” golf accounts out there. But when I see a bunch of dudes jumping golf carts into a bunker, etc. I unfollow immediately.

Not saying CPG is one of those accounts, but maybe they think things should be a little more serious. Just a thought.

The “fun” places have a lot followers and it seems to be a movement in golf. It just not my thing.

• Like 1

I won't disagree, there are a lot of “fun” golf accounts out there. But when I see a bunch of dudes jumping golf carts into a bunker, etc. I unfollow immediately.

Not saying CPG is one of those accounts, but maybe they think things should be a little more serious. Just a thought.

The “fun” places have a lot followers and it seems to be a movement in golf. It just not my thing.

I'm with you on that. I've checked out a few of those worst/funniest swing compilations and they just make me mad.

It's usually a bunch of drunks trying the Happy Gilmore swing or complete rage monsters flipping out and breaking stuff after an absolutely atrocious swing.

I really hate it when people take delight in tearing up the course for clicks.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I'm with you on that. I've checked out a few of those worst/funniest swing compilations and they just make me mad.

It's usually a bunch of drunks trying the Happy Gilmore swing or complete rage monsters flipping out and breaking stuff after an absolutely atrocious swing.

I really hate it when people take delight in tearing up the course for clicks.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Perfect example for the tech generation...

• Like 1