GolfSpy STUDque

What's your on-course identity?

It was a perfect summer day, and Middler just split the fairway with his drive on the par-4 9th hole, leaving himself a clear shot at the pin only 130 yards away. Without going in the lone trap right of the green, he manages a double bogey 6???

On the short par-4 13th, Middler hits a very long tee shot almost pin high, though 35 yards to the right on the 14th fairway. From this angle the tiny green has a punishing right to left slope, but his SW flop shot lands softly on the fringe about 25 feet from the pin, rolls while breaking about 7 feet, taps the pin and drops in for an eagle 2???

I could go on and on, more of the former than the latter obviously. Fortunately the scorecard only reflects how many, not how...

That's me, both true last summer...

• Like 2

Peter Kostis; "With a wild 6 iron from the tee on the Par 3 7th, Karboard.kid safely landed his shot on the putting surface.  Although he missed the 3ft birdie putt, he was able to garner his par. "

• Like 2

Johnny Miller: “He's just not that good. He's SO inconsistent that he should give-up the game. He's Jekyll then Hyde... I shot 8 under on the last day of a major. Let me tell you about it...”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Johnny Miller: “He's just not that good. He's SO inconsistent that he should give-up the game. He's Jekyll then Hyde... I shot 8 under on the last day of a major. Let me tell you about it...”

HA!

I wish I could like this twice because that's a perfect impression of Miller.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I personally love wearing all black and sunglasses. No way you know what I'm thinking. Little bit of Gary Player and Dale Earnhardt.

Hmm a golf version of Johnny Cash?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

This guy always dresses so good But game just stinks “ Nick Faldo

“Hard to believe women keep their panties on when this guy is in town” Brandel Chamblee

• Like 1

Boo Weekly  interviewed saying the only guy who can ride a driver down the fairway better is ole gray  :D

• Like 2

Dan Hicks: We go live down to the course and our man on the bag, Jim McKay. How's it going Bones?

Bones: Hello Dan. Well, today has been an eventful one for bergtaur, a real roller coaster. 17, Par 3, 190, pin on the middle tier, wind slightly hurting and off the left. He's got 5 iron, think he's going to try and run it back. He's got this weird move where he throws the shaft across his belt line and shoulder line before bringing to address.

Johnny: Never saw anyone do that on the course Bones. Maybe on the range, maybe in a pro-am... Never in all my years. Tough shot into the green, gets those palms sweaty, could be quick here.

Bones: Right you are Johnny, that seems be the trouble sometimes for bergtaur. He's taken the 5.

*swing*

Bones: A bit of a push, looks like it's missing short and right and he is not happy about it guys. Turned right away after contact and not even watching it come down. Looks buried up there in the rough.

Johnny: Buried with the grain into him Bones, just went from bad to worse.

*Later in coverage*

Peter Jacobson: And we go back to 17 with Bones McKay.

Thanks Peter: So bergtaur is standing over this 20 footer for par, he did the best he could to get it to here, a big hack with the 60* and now this for an unlikely par save. Looks like a double breaker, starts right but goes back left a little at the hole. He sends it, it's tracking, and just stays high. Tap in for bogey 4.

*scorecard graphic flashes on screen*

Dan: Johnny, take a look at that card!

Johnny: Consistently inconsistent. Couple birdies, couple doubles, mostly pars and a few bogeys. It's gonna be hard for him to stay on tour playing like this. He needs to find that will to win, that drive to be great. This guy just might not have it in him.

*Post round interview*

Dan: And let's go to George Savaricas, standing by with bergtaur.

George: Thanks Dan. So bergtaur, little bit up and down today. How do you think the round went?

Bergtaur: Well George, it was a struggle out there at times. I felt good at the start of the round, found some stuff out there yesterday in the pro-am that I thought I'd take today and it just wasn't there. Got off to a tough start and I was behind the 8-ball from the jump.

George: A lot of people on Twitter though are saying that the save you made back on 11 is one the best they've ever seen. How did you make that shot happen?

Bergtaur: Well, that's golf, right George? Hahaha... I don't know. I didn't have anything going, then you hit one shot and it's like the lights come back on. Got that juice in the middle of the round with those couple of birdies after that save, but didn't close strong. Seems like I can never get it together for 18 out here, and it's tough.

George: Well, thanks for the time and hopefully we'll see you on the weekend.

Bergtaur: I hope so George, thanks buddy *shakes hand*.

George: Dan, Johnny, back to you.

• Like 7

Dan Hicks: We go live down to the course and our man on the bag, Jim McKay. How's it going Bones?

Bones: Hello Dan. Well, today has been an eventful one for bergtaur, a real roller coaster. 17, Par 3, 190, pin on the middle tier, wind slightly hurting and off the left. He's got 5 iron, think he's going to try and run it back. He's got this weird move where he throws the shaft across his belt line and shoulder line before bringing to address.

Johnny: Never saw anyone do that on the course Bones. Maybe on the range, maybe in a pro-am... Never in all my years. Tough shot into the green, gets those palms sweaty, could be quick here.

Bones: Right you are Johnny, that seems be the trouble sometimes for bergtaur. He's taken the 5.

*swing*

Bones: A bit of a push, looks like it's missing short and right and he is not happy about it guys. Turned right away after contact and not even watching it come down. Looks buried up there in the rough.

Johnny: Buried with the grain into him Bones, just went from bad to worse.

*Later in coverage*

Peter Jacobson: And we go back to 17 with Bones McKay.

Thanks Peter: So bergtaur is standing over this 20 footer for par, he did the best he could to get it to here, a big hack with the 60* and now this for an unlikely par save. Looks like a double breaker, starts right but goes back left a little at the hole. He sends it, it's tracking, and just stays high. Tap in for bogey 4.

*scorecard graphic flashes on screen*

Dan: Johnny, take a look at that card!

Johnny: Consistently inconsistent. Couple birdies, couple doubles, mostly pars and a few bogeys. It's gonna be hard for him to stay on tour playing like this. He needs to find that will to win, that drive to be great. This guy just might not have it in him.

*Post round interview*

Dan: And let's go to George Savaricas, standing by with bergtaur.

George: Thanks Dan. So bergtaur, little bit up and down today. How do you think the round went?

Bergtaur: Well George, it was a struggle out there at times. I felt good at the start of the round, found some stuff out there yesterday in the pro-am that I thought I'd take today and it just wasn't there. Got off to a tough start and I was behind the 8-ball from the jump.

George: A lot of people on Twitter though are saying that the save you made back on 11 is one the best they've ever seen. How did you make that shot happen?

Bergtaur: Well, that's golf, right George? Hahaha... I don't know. I didn't have anything going, then you hit one shot and it's like the lights come back on. Got that juice in the middle of the round with those couple of birdies after that save, but didn't close strong. Seems like I can never get it together for 18 out here, and it's tough.

George: Well, thanks for the time and hopefully we'll see you on the weekend.

Bergtaur: I hope so George, thanks buddy *shakes hand*.

George: Dan, Johnny, back to you.

Dayuuummmm bro you ever thought about getting in the novel business ..

• Like 2

Journalist in my past career, write sometimes to keep my mind loose. Working on a story based on a soccer management sim computer game I play. Published poet a few times over... So yeah, I've thought about it 😉😋😉

• Like 5

Feherty: if he could drive the ball even remotely straight he would be a decent player. His short game saves him more than he should need ever need it to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feherty: if he could drive the ball even remotely straight he would be a decent player. His short game saves him more than he should need ever need it to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That adequately describes Tiger right now too.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Nice guy, fun to play with.

It's the exact opposite of real life.

• Like 1

Nice guy, fun to play with.

It's the exact opposite of real life.

You're so full of poo you're eyes are brown! :P :lol:

• Like 1

This thread could be a sort of help thread for guys that struggle with anger and frustration on the course. Talking with guys who understand, and have struggled with similar tendencies. I had a poor round yesterday, but other than a few words... there were no clubs thrown and no club slams into the ground, which for me is so good you have no idea. Having a place like this to vent and talk can be very therapeutic at times. Let's us know we aren't alone in the struggle.

• Like 2

This thread could be a sort of help thread for guys that struggle with anger and frustration on the course. Talking with guys who understand, and have struggled with similar tendencies. I had a poor round yesterday, but other than a few words... there were no clubs thrown and no club slams into the ground, which for me is so good you have no idea. Having a place like this to vent and talk can be very therapeutic at times. Let's us know we aren't alone in the struggle.

Sadly the other thing that helps me is playing with someone who is obviously their own worst enemy mentally. I play in two leagues and I run into several guys who inevitably make a bad hole or round worse through their actions. They hit one bad shot, and it leads to several successive bad shots/choices - totally unnecessary. Or they have a few bad holes, and they start going through the motions, give up on swing thoughts, course management and get generally quieter - the rest of the round is doomed, you might as well just go home.

If watching others do it doesn't learn you, maybe nothing will?

When I am playing with someone who is punishing themselves, I try to encourage them out of it, treading lightly.

Sadly the other thing that helps me is playing with someone who is obviously their own worst enemy mentally. I play in two leagues and I run into several guys who inevitably make a bad hole or round worse through their actions. They hit one bad shot, and it leads to several successive bad shots/choices - totally unnecessary. Or they have a few bad holes, and they start going through the motions, give up on swing thoughts, course management and get generally quieter - the rest of the round is doomed, you might as well just go home.

If watching others do it doesn't learn you, maybe nothing will?

When I am playing with someone who is punishing themselves, I try to encourage them out of it, treading lightly.

I play in a seniors league and every week it seems there is at least one guy that completely self distructs. One guy in particular it's every week, nothing but total negativity. Not really sure why he even bothers coming out. If golf was making me that miserable I think I would find something else to do.

• Like 1