Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

REVIEW - Galvin Green Interface-1 LOGAN review body warmer vs Oscar Jacobson Caleb Vest

puttingpirate

A disclaimer - I love a good gilet. 

Most of the time I wear a base layer, some mid-warm stuff + a gilet.

It keeps you warm, it's a great top layer, it restricts movement less than a jacket, and you can still put your waterproofs over it. 

November - March I tend to wear them 9/10 times while playing so I thought I'll share my thoughts as to what and why.

wUlz2ek.jpg

I've had quite a few from Nike, through UA to Ralph Lauren and Boss. 

First one I was using A LOT was a Galvin Green Insula. 

It was basically a comfortable fleece. But it was getting soaked within seconds when it was even a little drizzly so I thought 'Hey, I'll upgrade".

So last year after again one too many beers I've bought more golf clothes.

One of the items was Oscar Jacobson Caleb Vest RRP £110, but can be bought for £65 online in the UK.

It's a great. Padded, windproof, water-repellant gilet.

Now that the Interface-1 Galvin Green stuff came out, I thought I'll compare the 2. As their top-of-the range product it retails at £189.95.

First thought - pockets. I got a little used to no pockets last year while wearing their Bruce jacket.

The Logan has 1 chest pocket. It's good enough to keep a scorecard, pencil and a packet of cigarettes for me. So it kind of works.

It's true to it's size guide - which is really good as I buy most stuff online and hate dealing with returns.

It's a little ticker than the OJ but doesn't add any weight or bulk. Which I like. And it wicks the sweat away great. The top of the gilet makes a difference. GGs collar when zipped up is more comfortable to wear. And when carrying your bag, the strap doesn't slide down your shoulder. 

Which for me makes it alone worth the money, as the 'sliding shoulder' even when carrying the bag down the street annoys me to no end.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Beux8CThCLr

Bottom line - they're both warm and comfortable. I like the style of GG a little more with the multi-material combos.

GG is better in a few places I mentioned, the OJ zip also catches the fabric underneath A LOT. 

For me the price difference is justifiable as I will use it a lot. If you're an avid golfer I can recommend it without a doubt. 

5/5 from me.

...interesting comparison. I very much like the OJ concept of WPS, weather protecting system. I find the OJ cloths to be very durable and withstanding the weathers of Nov-Feb. Less fancy but gets the job done. The layers I bought three years ago are like new, next o unworn. As a loyal customer, I would go for Oscar Jacobson.

Gesendet von iPad mit MyGolfSpy

...interesting comparison. I very much like the OJ concept of WPS, weather protecting system. I find the OJ cloths to be very durable and withstanding the weathers of Nov-Feb. Less fancy but gets the job done. The layers I bought three years ago are like new, next o unworn. As a loyal customer, I would go for Oscar Jacobson.

Gesendet von iPad mit MyGolfSpy

I like them too. I am however unhappy with their sizing, as I also bought their WPS jacket and it was tiiiiight :) 

It gets the job done for sure, and at more than half the price it's a great buy. But if money is no issue - GG has a small edge.

Archived