TravisClarke

Hello from Canada

Posted (edited)

Hi Travis,

My name is Aiden, and I’m also in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I moved here from Ontario  in September 2018. I’m relatively new to the forum but yours is one of the first posts I’ve come across! I’m 28 years old, an 8 hdcp, and I’m a professional musician for a living.

I’d love to meet up for a game sometime if it’s something you’re able to do. We’ Creeping up on Spring weather!

All the best,

Aiden 

Edited by a_kleergolf

Hello from New Brunswick. 

Welcome guys from south of the border.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Welcome from Sunny year ‘round golfing Florida!

welcome from cold wet windy Scotland (apart from the next 2 days when its going to be 53*) 

/frantically searches for sun cream

• Like 1

18 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

welcome from cold wet windy Scotland (apart from the next 2 days when its going to be 53*) 

/frantically searches for sun cream

I.WAS.WRONG................

it's....it's.....it's going to be SEVENTY!!!

Halle-bleeding-luja 👏😎😎

• Haha 1

Hello, 

I’m a 38 yr old father of two. I play in NW Ontario at a local municipal course, Strathcona. I play a lot of golf and love talking equipment! 

-Jay

Posted (edited)

Hi Golfers

New to the forum. From Vancouver, playing Golf for eons and still enjoying it. BC is a great golf Province that is sure to please any golfer with challenging, scenic, frustrating and of course, amazing golf courses. Glad to share my opinions and thoughts with fellow hackers.

In my bag of sticks I have the relatively new

Adam's XTD Driver

King Cobra 3 wood

Adam's tight lies hybrid

MDD tour irons

Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear PW

TPX Powerbilt Putter

Ping Zing classic putter as well

PRO V and Callaway balls

Edited by ThePfunk
Update

Welcome from Northern Kentucky. This is a great community with lots of knowledge and stellar reviews on equipment.

Driver: TS2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood: 915 F stiff
3 Hybrid: 915 HD
4-PW: 710 AP2
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport M1

Also in Winnipeg! I play at Glendale, good to know us Canadians represent out here!

Hello there!

Another refugee from Canada.  I'm in the east though, moving to the Niagara Peninsula this summer, so I will be in transition for the next year in terms of where I'll be playing and how frequently.

Just a scuffler at this point in life's journey.  Haven't maintained a handicap for the past couple of years since a back injury sent me to the sidelines.  Working my way back to playing more regularly as time permits.

I have a soft spot for vintage sticks, enjoying the experience of playing heritage courses with the equipment of the day.  I could see a set of hickory players in my future.

• Like 1

Hello there!
Another refugee from Canada.  I'm in the east though, moving to the Niagara Peninsula this summer, so I will be in transition for the next year in terms of where I'll be playing and how frequently.
Just a scuffler at this point in life's journey.  Haven't maintained a handicap for the past couple of years since a back injury sent me to the sidelines.  Working my way back to playing more regularly as time permits.
I have a soft spot for vintage sticks, enjoying the experience of playing heritage courses with the equipment of the day.  I could see a set of hickory players in my future.

Welcome from south of the border in Ohio.

• Like 1

Ottawa soon to move to Alberta.  Started playing 2 years ago at the age of 55.  LOL my index is too embarrassing to post. For last season and this one I have been playing out of Greyhawk Golf Club, a part of the Clublink family in SE Ontario and W Quebec.  My bag??  Well since you asked my bag is still in a state of flux as I take lessons and hopefully improve.  Just upgraded my irons and will concentrate on fitting for 3,4,5 hybrid next.

I play an unfitted M1 off the tee.

A 3 fairway wood for the moment, an M2. One M3 hybrid.

New irons are fitted (Golftec Ottawa, Pro Taylor Lafferty) Callaway Rogue X,  7-P. 

I am currently using Callaway Mack Daddy 50, 56, 60 wedges but will probably trade them for Cleveland CBX.  My coach, Taylor, has lent me a 56 CBX to try out for a week or so.  I love that huge sole.  Very forgiving for the hi handicapper.

The current flatstick is an Odyssey  O Works 7.  Footjoy Contours have been my fave boots so far and a Footjoy glove goes on my right hand.

That's correct, I address the ball from the right side.

This seems to be an amazing website and I am looking forward to checking out the forum.

My username has to do with the instrument I play. Any ideas??

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

So happy to become part of these forums as everyone here is very interesting and I am loving the different conversations between everyone. I am from Troy, Michigan and am about a 9 handicap. Trying to shoot low this summer as I just shot my lowest round on 9 holes from the tips which was +2, 38. So glad to join everyone!

Edited by bmaru99

Hello all,

getting back into this forum. 

From canada, play all over west side of gta 

handicap is about 16 right now... having issues with wedge/ short game. 

Have enjoyed reading the last few...“best of reviews”...  And I’m quite satisfied that you guys are not ‘blowing smoke up my b***’ I even purchased one of your suggested reviewed items and it immediately improved my game by 1-2 strokes. It also took pressure off that part of the game and that is helping me to focus on my wedge/ short game

Looking forward to getting rid of the newb moniker